A hostile environment

Fast Pat

Barryd999 - 2019-02-13 6:17 PM

antony1969 - 2019-02-13 5:49 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-02-13 3:23 PM

antony1969 - 2019-02-13 3:14 PM

Sweetheart would you like to put a charitable bet of say £100 on that I can show GLA said the crowd was 250.000 ??? ... You now are claiming 200.000 I see and not once have I said it says anything on GLA website ... Put up or shut up

No I still maintain it was over 700,000 you stated "700.000 ??? ... GLA put the figure much nearer to 250.000 if I remember correctly ... " So yes I'll accept your bet, my chosen charity is Hope not Hate. Provide the link where the Greater London Authority says 250,000.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1067870/brexit-news-peoples-vote-march-leave-EU-october-protest ... "under the Freedom of Information Act the GLA has included an estimated figure of 250.000 in a debriefed document" ... If what had been reported was wrong GLA would have had The Telegraph and Express up before IPSO ... Make your cheque out please and show its been sent if your a man of honour

Yeah not so fast. Firstly thats a Brexpress link. I believe also the same claim was also printed in the Torygraph but oddly not a copy of the actual GLA debrief document so maybe the Express once again do need reporting to IPSO. This has happened several times including the recent report they printed about an MPs claim that there was no hard border for goods in Swtizerland. Myself and a few others successfully through IPSO forced the Brexpress to issue a correction on that one so thanks for bringing this to my attention. Ill take it up with them. https://tabloidcorrections.wordpress.com/2019/02/12/did-the-telegraph-make-up-statistics-on-the-peoples-vote-march-attendance/

You might wanna have a word with Scotland Yard who were approached through The Freedom of Information Act to disclose the figure ... That would be my starting point Barry ... Shame you and "a few others" didn't take up the press project fear lies ... Mind that doesnt suit your agenda

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2019-02-13 6:22 PM

Sweetheart would you like to put a charitable bet of say £100 on that I can show GLA said the crowd was 250.000 ??? ... You now are claiming 200.000 I see and not once have I said it says anything on GLA website ... Put up or shut up

No I still maintain it was over 700,000 you stated "700.000 ??? ... GLA put the figure much nearer to 250.000 if I remember correctly ... " So yes I'll accept your bet, my chosen charity is Hope not Hate. Provide the link where the Greater London Authority says 250,000.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1067870/brexit-news-peoples-vote-march-leave-EU-october-protest ... "under the Freedom of Information Act the GLA has included an estimated figure of 250.000 in a debriefed document" ... If what had been reported was wrong GLA would have had The Telegraph and Express up before IPSO ... Make your cheque out please and show its been sent if your a man of honour

LMFAO!! The Brexitpress, the Brexiteers Bible!! Hardly reliable or credible.

https://fullfact.org/news/did-670000-march-peoples-vote-brexit/

Come on little boy, pay up time.

You calling Scotland Yard not a reliable source ??? Wow , I know your anti-British but ruddy hell

antony1969 - 2019-02-13 6:46 PM

You might wanna have a word with Scotland Yard who were approached through The Freedom of Information Act to disclose the figure ... That would be my starting point Barry ... Shame you and "a few others" didn't take up the press project fear lies ... Mind that doesnt suit your agenda

Except there isn't any such request from the Met on the FOI website, the only request is to the GLA and this was a request for a estimate BEFORE the event https://www.london.gov.uk/sites/default/files/mgla090119-2661_foi_response_redacted.pdf

If you were a bit more active in your activism you would know that there would be a actual request on the site https://www.met.police.uk/foi-ai/af/accessing-information/published-items/?q=peoples+vote

Fast Pat - 2019-02-13 7:00 PM

antony1969 - 2019-02-13 6:46 PM

Except there isn't any such request from the Met on the FOI website, the nearest it gets is this which was a request for a estimate BEFORE the event https://www.london.gov.uk/sites/default/files/mgla090119-2661_foi_response_redacted.pdf

That request is a year before the press published the Scotland Yard/GLA estimate ... How often is the site updated ???

Fast Pat - 2019-02-13 7:08 PM

antony1969 - 2019-02-13 7:04 PM

That request is a year before the press published the Scotland Yard/GLA estimate ... How often is the site updated ???

When the request goes in, even before it is answered it is posted. Try it.

So are you suggesting The Telegraph didn't put in a Freedom of Information request to Scotland Yard

antony1969 - 2019-02-13 7:18 PM

So are you suggesting The Telegraph didn't put in a Freedom of Information request to Scotland Yard

Yes, as Barry has already pointed out https://tabloidcorrections.wordpress.com/2019/02/12/did-the-telegraph-make-up-statistics-on-the-peoples-vote-march-attendance/

Fast Pat - 2019-02-13 7:30 PM

Yes, as Barry has already pointed out https://tabloidcorrections.wordpress.com/2019/02/12/did-the-telegraph-make-up-statistics-on-the-peoples-vote-march-attendance/

Means nothing ... Im asking if your saying The Telegraph are lying about putting in a Freedom of Information request to Scotland Yard and you have replied "Yes" ... Nothing in that link suggests The Telegraph have lied about the request , you say they have so prove it

antony1969 - 2019-02-13 7:43 PM

Means nothing ... Im asking if your saying The Telegraph are lying about putting in a Freedom of Information request to Scotland Yard and you have replied "Yes" ... Nothing in that link suggests The Telegraph have lied about the request , you say they have so prove it

"Nothing about the Telegraph article seemed too obviously suspicious. It said that the figure had been obtained following a Freedom of Information request to the Metropolitan Police Service. Scotland Yard was quoted confirming the figure, adding that “this is not a Metropolitan Police Service estimate as we have not recorded an estimated attendance figure for the march.”

But this blog has since received confirmation from the Mayor of London office that no such debrief document exists. According to Ian Lister, Information Governance Manager at the GLA: “No debrief document was produced by the GLA and I can confirm that we do not hold any debrief document.”

Which begs the question – where did the Sunday Telegraph draw its statistic from? Has there been some confusion in the information relayed to the paper by Scotland Yard, or has the paper resorted to simply making up the figures?"

That and the fact that on the Metropolitan Police FOI website there is no such request logged.

antony1969 - 2019-02-13 6:55 PM

You calling Scotland Yard not a reliable source ??? Wow , I know your anti-British but ruddy hell

Your source was the Express, not Scotland Yard. *-)

Fast Pat - 2019-02-13 7:48 PM

"Nothing about the Telegraph article seemed too obviously suspicious. It said that the figure had been obtained following a Freedom of Information request to the Metropolitan Police Service. Scotland Yard was quoted confirming the figure, adding that “this is not a Metropolitan Police Service estimate as we have not recorded an estimated attendance figure for the march.”

But this blog has since received confirmation from the Mayor of London office that no such debrief document exists. According to Ian Lister, Information Governance Manager at the GLA: “No debrief document was produced by the GLA and I can confirm that we do not hold any debrief document.”

Which begs the question – where did the Sunday Telegraph draw its statistic from? Has there been some confusion in the information relayed to the paper by Scotland Yard, or has the paper resorted to simply making up the figures?"

That and the fact that on the Metropolitan Police FOI website there is no such request logged.

Yes and then below your Hollwood hype it says The Met were contacted for comment but yet conveniently doesnt say what The Mets comment was ??? Show a denial by The Met that The Telegraph didn't ask for the info Ive previously said they did ... Jeez this could be a long one

Quit wriggling and pay up motormouth.

Bulletguy - 2019-02-13 7:54 PM

antony1969 - 2019-02-13 6:55 PM

Your source was the Express, not Scotland Yard. *-)

Go back to sleep princess ... The source of the info was Scotland Yard

Bulletguy - 2019-02-13 7:56 PM

Quit wriggling and pay up motormouth.

Unlike you I'm a man of honour and if Fart Part can prove 700.000 were at that remoaner gig then £100 goes to those chancer types

antony1969 - 2019-02-13 7:59 PM

Unlike you I'm a man of honour and if Fart Part can prove 700.000 were at that remoaner gig then £100 goes to those chancer types

I know your not one for accuracy so to refresh your memory the actual challenge YOU set:

"Sweetheart would you like to put a charitable bet of say £100 on that I can show GLA said the crowd was 250.000 ??? ... ... Put up or shut up"

You can't so please make the cheque out to Hope Not Hate. https://www.hopenothate.org.uk/

Guest pelmetman
HarveyHeaven - 2019-02-13 9:59 AM

pelmetman - 2019-02-13 9:14 AM

HarveyHeaven - 2019-02-13 8:51 AM

nothing can change the fact that the 2016 referendum was FRAUDULENT and found to be so by the Electoral Commission

Naturally you can back that statement up? ;-) ...........

Because I cant find anything on the EC website that says that? :-S..........

I did find this though :D .........

Report on the regulation of campaigners at the EU referendum

We have found that that rules put in place specifically for the EU referendum worked well. We set out a number of recommendations for changes to be incorporated into the legislation that underpins UK-wide referendums.

Seems to me like your peddling FAKE NEWS? >:-) .........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44856992

you can read the full article...here is an extract

...."Brexit campaign group Vote Leave has been fined £61,000 and referred to the police after an Electoral Commission probe said it broke electoral law.

The watchdog said it exceeded its £7m spending limit by funnelling £675,315 through pro-Brexit youth group BeLeave.

The founder of BeLeave, Darren Grimes, has been fined £20,000 and referred to the police, along with Vote Leave official David Halsall.

Vote Leave said the "wholly inaccurate" report was politically motivated.

The Vote Leave campaign, which was fronted by Boris Johnson and Michael Gove, won the contest to be the official Leave campaign in the 2016 referendum on whether Britain should stay in the European Union.

Parliament Live: MPs debate post-Brexit trade plans

Leave.EU fined £70,000 over Brexit spending

Call for 'clarity' on referendum cash rules

Brexit: All you need to know

The result of the referendum was 51.9% for Leave and 48.1% for Remain. The UK is due to officially leave the European Union at 23:00 GMT on 29 March, 2019.

The referendum was not legally binding, merely "advisory," according to a Supreme Court judgement in December 2016, so it can't be ordered to be re-run by a court - any decision to have a fresh referendum would have to be made by the government and Parliament would have to pass a referendum act.

The Electoral Commission has referred Mr Grimes and Mr Halsall to the Metropolitan Police in relation to false declarations of campaign spending, and handed over files "in relation to whether any persons have committed related offences" that fall outside the watchdog's remit...."

So where has the Electoral commission stated the "referendum was fraudulent"? ;-) ...........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-13 3:44 PM

nothing can change the fact that the 2016 referendum was FRAUDULENT and found to be so by the Electoral Commission

Come on Pelmet.....don't run off now after HH and FP responded. Don't you have any answers? :-|

Perhaps you can help him find the statement from the Electoral Commission where they stated the referendum was fraudulent ;-) ...........

pelmetman - 2019-02-13 8:53 PM

Come on Pelmet.....don't run off now after HH and FP responded. Don't you have any answers? :-|

Perhaps you can help him find the statement from the Electoral Commission where they stated the referendum was fraudulent ;-) ...........

You know damn well Vote Leave and BeLeave broke electoral law and were fined over false declarations of campaign spending. That's fraud. The matter was also referred to police.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-13 9:39 PM

You know damn well Vote Leave and BeLeave broke electoral law and were fined over false declarations of campaign spending. That's fraud. The matter was also referred to police.

So where's the statement from the Electoral Commission stating "the referendum was fraudulent"? ;-) ........

There isn't one is there? :D ...........

So you and your bessy new mates have been caught spreading FAKE NEWS >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-02-14 9:10 AM

So where's the statement from the Electoral Commission stating "the referendum was fraudulent"? ;-) ........

Idiot......the false declarations of its campaign spending was the fraud and everyone knows that...including Brexiteers, apart from the terminally dumb in denial.

Yes.

https://tinyurl.com/y6vrrnfq

So now have the decency to apologise after falsely accusing me of "spreading fake news".

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-14 1:20 PM

Idiot......the false declarations of its campaign spending was the fraud and everyone knows that...including Brexiteers, apart from the terminally dumb in denial.

Yes.

So now have the decency to apologise after falsely accusing me of "spreading fake news".

A investigation by a Remoaner biased government quango doesn't count ;-) ...........

You and your fellow FAKE NEWS spreaders said .........and I repeat........

"The Electoral Commission said the referendum was fraudulent"............

Where is that statement? >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2019-02-14 1:29 PM

Yes.

A investigation by a Remoaner biased government quango doesn't count ;-) ...........

Jeeez God, you need psychiatric help......seriously *-)

You do understand making false declarations equates to fraud? Many examples i could use but until you grasp that basic fact it's pointless debating this any further as everything not favourable to your precious Brexit, you see as "Remoaner bias". You are on another planet.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-14 10:17 PM

Yes.

You do understand making false declarations equates to fraud? Many examples i could use but until you grasp that basic fact it's pointless debating this any further as everything not favourable to your precious Brexit, you see as "Remoaner bias". You are on another planet.

Neither you or your bessy new Remoaner mates can find a statement from the electoral commission stating that the "Referendum was Fraudulent"? ;-) .........

So that proves you and they were spreading FAKE NEWS :D .........

pelmetman - 2019-02-15 8:04 AM

Yes.

Neither you or your bessy new Remoaner mates can find a statement from the electoral commission stating that the "Referendum was Fraudulent"? ;-) .........

Labouring pedantry in the hope of attempting to skew what the report clearly states won't work. False declarations for purpose of gain, be it financial or otherwise, is fraud....period.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fraud

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-15 4:16 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-15 8:04 AM

Yes.

Labouring pedantry in the hope of attempting to skew what the report clearly states won't work. False declarations for purpose of gain, be it financial or otherwise, is fraud....period.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fraud

Well you could always prove me wrong by finding that statement from the Electoral Commission saying that the referendum was fraudulent? :D ...........

But you and your bessy new mates cant.......can you? (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Archived