Green Card

bobalobs

Comfort Insurance’s email’s guidance is that - to obtain a Green Card(GC) - an insuree should contact them three weeks before the insuree will be travelling abroad and, from 1 March 2019, the GC will be issued free of charge.

Logically (!!) Comfort Insurance will only issue a GC to their own insurees, but what will then be the GC’s duration?

Let’s say I plan to travel to France on 26 March 2019 and return to the UK on 23 April 2019, but my motorhome insurance-policy expires on 14 April 2019.

If I request a GC on 5 March 2019 (3 weeks before I plan to leave the UK) presumably the GC’s ‘coverage’ would begin on 26 March 2019, but what will its expiry-date be?

I’d expect the GC’s expiry-date to be the 14 April 2019 expiry-date of my insurance-policy, but if that’s indeed the case, how do I get a GC for the period from 15 April 2019 to 23 April 2019?

If, when I request a GC on 5 March 2019, I agree to renew my motorhome insurance-policy so that the new annual policy begins on 15 April 2019, will the duration of the GC that’s then issued be 3 months (ie. from 26 March 2019 to 25 June 2019) or what? And will it be acceptable to Comfort Insurance on 5 March 2019 to renew a motorhome insurance-policy that expires on 14 April 2019?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Derek Uzzell - 2019-03-03 9:06 AM

Comfort Insurance’s email’s guidance is that - to obtain a Green Card(GC) - an insuree should contact them three weeks before the insuree will be travelling abroad and, from 1 March 2019, the GC will be issued free of charge.

Logically (!!) Comfort Insurance will only issue a GC to their own insurees, but what will then be the GC’s duration?

Let’s say I plan to travel to France on 26 March 2019 and return to the UK on 23 April 2019, but my motorhome insurance-policy expires on 14 April 2019.

If I request a GC on 5 March 2019 (3 weeks before I plan to leave the UK) presumably the GC’s ‘coverage’ would begin on 26 March 2019, but what will its expiry-date be?

I’d expect the GC’s expiry-date to be the 14 April 2019 expiry-date of my insurance-policy, but if that’s indeed the case, how do I get a GC for the period from 15 April 2019 to 23 April 2019?

If, when I request a GC on 5 March 2019, I agree to renew my motorhome insurance-policy so that the new annual policy begins on 15 April 2019, will the duration of the GC that’s then issued be 3 months (ie. from 26 March 2019 to 25 June 2019) or what? And will it be acceptable to Comfort Insurance on 5 March 2019 to renew a motorhome insurance-policy that expires on 14 April 2019?

(For clarity, in case it might offend, this response is not "aimed" at Derek.)

All excellent questions, to which there is only one possible answer - ask your insurer! :-D

They all provide vehicle insurance, but the Ts and Cs of any insurance policy will vary from insurer to insurer, so how they do those things, at what cost, or for what duration, will depend entirely on the policy you have.

Archived