What has the EU done to me that I really dislike.

Brian Kirby

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-03-03 4:48 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-03 1:37 PM

Violet1956 - 2019-03-03 12:25 PM

Can anyone explain to me why UKIP members wanted to become MEPs?

I guess that sentence alone explains the gulf between us :D .............and the chattering ars*s >:-) .......

Not really Dave although I think Brian has had a better stab at answering the question for you.

Actually all he did was agree with your Remoaner view ;-) ........

But using a lot more words :D .......

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-03-03 11:49 AM

pelmetman - 2019-03-03 7:41 AM

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-02 6:00 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-27 2:47 PM

At least they're more likely to be spending UK taxpayers money in the UK are they not? ;-) ...........

Where as a EU official will spend UK taxpayers money in the EU >:-) ............

Dave, Britain is in the EU, so "an EU official" will spend some money from all EU taxpayers in the UK.

Not for much longer >:-) ..........

You do realise you've just advocated either a reduction in UK government spending as a result of that 87% loss, or an increase in UK taxes to make up the 87% shortfall, don't you?

Ooooh I missed this load of Remoaner B*llocks :D ..............

So the UK will no longer be able to spend 87% of our money that the EU gives back to the UK (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

Gawden Bennet Brian are you sniffing the same EU sh*t as Bullet 8-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-03-03 5:02 PM

I guess that sentence alone explains the gulf between us :D .............and the chattering ars*s >:-) .......

Not really Dave although I think Brian has had a better stab at answering the question for you.

Which, I am sorry to say, you clearly did not understand.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-03-03 5:12 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-03 5:02 PM

Which, I am sorry to say, you clearly did not understand.

Have to say I'd noticed your Remoaner superiority complex a while ago Veronica ;-) .......

I guess we'll just have to accept that you Remoaners are intelligent and us Brexiteers are thick *-) ......

That should work come the "Losers Vote" >:-) .........

I know Brexiters who are better able to argue their corner than you are Dave so I admit that I do have a tendency to rubbish what you say. You still haven’t come up with an answer to my question. Can you explain why UKIP members wanted to become MEPs? (you can crib from Brian’s answer if you like).

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-03-03 5:34 PM

I know Brexiters who are better able to argue their corner than you are Dave so I admit that I do have a tendency to rubbish what you say. You still haven’t come up with an answer to my question. Can you explain why UKIP members wanted to become MEPs? (you can crib from Brian’s answer if you like).

Ooooh bitchy :D ........

Perhaps you need to google the meaning of UKIP? (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2019-03-03 5:56 PM

Veronica likes to "rubbish what you say" but still comes back for more and more from someone she suggests talks rubbish ... She's either very clever or very stoopid

Still no answer Dave.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-03-03 6:18 PM

Still no answer Dave.

Frankly I'm bored Veronica *-) ..........

It has been 2 and a half years after all :D ........

So perhaps we should settle for ........its not you.....its me ;-) ...........

Violet1956 - 2019-03-03 6:27 PM

I guess you're enjoying the sunset after that lovely roast. I'm a bit bored too. If I have claimed superiority then forgive me.

He had no answer for "why UKIP members wanted to become MEPs".....you stumped him. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-03-03 6:32 PM

I guess you're enjoying the sunset after that lovely roast. I'm a bit bored too. If I have claimed superiority then forgive me.

He had no answer for "why UKIP members wanted to become MEPs".....you stumped him. (lol)

Because its a stupid fecking question FFS *-) .......

It's like asking why folk become vets......and expecting "because I hate animals" as the answer :D .......

Guest pelmetman

If you ever make it to Calpe in the winter you can join us for a Sunday roast :D .........

Although as a Remoaner you'll have to go through the anti contamination foot bath before you can enter our pitch ;-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-03-03 6:42 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-03-03 6:32 PM

Because its a stupid fecking question FFS *-) .......

It's like asking why folk become vets......and expecting "because I hate animals" as the answer :D ......

Very poor....I was hoping you'd enlighten everyone with some nuggets of wisdom. (lol)

Both these posters gave informed responses to Veronicas question.

Fast Pat - 2019-03-03 12:48 PM

There seems no logic to it. If they wanted us out surely the best way would have been to turn up to support EU measures that would have been unfavourable to the UK thereby strengthening their cause. Maybe they just did it for the money. They turned up en masse when their post Brexit entitlements were being discussed in October 2018 but have the lowest record for turning up than any other party.

It was a good way to get illegal funding for their party.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-ukip-eu-money-misspending-eu-referendum-campaign-a7422471.html

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/12/nigel-farage-eu-salary-docked-claim-misspent-public-funds

Another myth about Farage is he is the fishermans friend. "Over the three years that Nigel Farage was a member of the European Parliament Fisheries Committee, he attended one out of 42 meetings. Greenpeace research released today shows that during the three major votes to fix the flaws of the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP), Nigel Farage was in the building but failed to vote in favour of improving the legislation."

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-03 3:50 PM

Can anyone explain to me why UKIP members wanted to become MEPs? …………....

Apologies for calling you Violet, Veronica! Mea culpa! :$

I seem to recall that UKIP wanted MEPs as a way to attack the EU from within. By having their own MEPs, they would get first hand information on what was being discussed in Brussels, and could begin undermining it before it became public information. In short, a Brexit fifth column.

pelmetman - 2019-03-03 6:48 PM

If you ever make it to Calpe in the winter you can join us for a Sunday roast :D .........

Although as a Remoaner you'll have to go through the anti contamination foot bath before you can enter our pitch ;-) .......

I’ll grant you this, it is wise to require that I go through a foot bath. I will refrain from sharing too much information about the state of my feet.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-03-03 8:29 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-03 6:48 PM

I’ll grant you this, it is wise to require that I go through a foot bath. I will refrain from sharing too much information about the state of my feet.

Despite Bullets assertions I have nothing against any law abiding members of the human race.......

Or Hobbits :D .........

pelmetman - 2019-03-03 4:03 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-03 3:50 PM

Can anyone explain to me why UKIP members wanted to become MEPs? …………....

Apologies for calling you Violet, Veronica! Mea culpa! :$

I seem to recall that UKIP wanted MEPs as a way to attack the EU from within. By having their own MEPs, they would get first hand information on what was being discussed in Brussels, and could begin undermining it before it became public information. In short, a Brexit fifth column.

Nice try Brian *-) ...........

UKIP won because "most" of us who don't live in leafy parts of East Sussex who's only contact was a Polish plumber ;-) ...........

Maybe, Dave, but UKIP, even in the EU elections, was a minority party.

You have not been able to witness first hand the derogatory effect open migration has had on our country have you? :-| ......

Perhaps if you moved your pulpit to Boston you'd know what you're talking about ....for a change >:-) ....

Possibly, but then you'd have to face up to why so many went to Lincolnshire, wouldn't you? Nothing to do with all those Lincolnshire farmers lobbying government to let in the cheaper, ex eastern bloc, labour because it was cheap, was it? Nothing to do with the EU, was it? Just agribusiness whispering in HMG's ear - because HMG was the gatekeeper. You want cheap food - you get cheap labour to provide it. Wait until Trump's trade deal is "landed"! You ain't seen nothing yet! :-D

BTW house prices there are dirt cheap compared to where we lived in Lincolnshire :D ........

Even our Scottish Lincolnshire plumber owned several rental's in Boston (lol) ..........

If you had more expensive labour, you'd have more expensive housing. Not sure if that amounts to one win for you, or two! :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-03-04 4:23 PM

If you had more expensive labour, you'd have more expensive housing. Not sure if that amounts to one win for you, or two! :-D

I doubt it.............seeing as UK house prices are based on the value of the land ;-) ...........

So a ex cabbage field is probably the same price as someones back garden in London :D ........

Guest pelmetman

Wait until Trump's trade deal is "landed"! You ain't seen nothing yet! :-D

More scaremongering *-) ............

As far as I'm aware no trade deal with America will force us to buy chlorinated chicken ;-) ..........

In the same way that the EU's FTA with Japan will force the Japanese to buy German cars >:-) .......

.....and seeing as I read the other day Japan has never charged tariffs on German cars, I can't see a FTA convincing them to buy unreliable Kraut Krap :D .........

pelmetman - 2019-03-05 8:08 AM

As far as I'm aware no trade deal with America will force us to buy chlorinated chicken ;-) ..........

In the same way that the EU's FTA with Japan will force the Japanese to buy German cars >:-) .......

.....and seeing as I read the other day Japan has never charged tariffs on German cars, I can't see a FTA convincing them to buy unreliable Kraut Krap :D .........

Its not just chlorinated chicken its their products across the board from beef to Pharmaceuticals that are dodgy. You wont have a clue what your buying or whether it includes inferior substandard stuff from the USA unless you religiously study the labels but even then it probably wont tell you where the ingredients were sourced. Your ten times more likely to get seriously ill from consuming this s**te from America than you are here due to our EU standards. Once you have got used to rat hair and maggot soup you can look forward to Trumpy putting a bid in for our NHS. Thanks but no thanks.

Barryd999 - 2019-03-05 9:39 AM

Its not just chlorinated chicken its their products across the board from beef to Pharmaceuticals that are dodgy. You wont have a clue what your buying or whether it includes inferior substandard stuff from the USA unless you religiously study the labels but even then it probably wont tell you where the ingredients were sourced. Your ten times more likely to get seriously ill from consuming this s**te from America than you are here due to our EU standards. Once you have got used to rat hair and maggot soup you can look forward to Trumpy putting a bid in for our NHS. Thanks but no thanks.

You might wanna read this Barry ... https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2452302X16300638 ... The lower summary bit mainly ... As for food safety is it just US standards that upset you ??? The US seems to have a more innocent till proven guilty outlook on food safety when compared to the EU ... What about the lower food standards of Australia , Japan , New Zealand etc are we not to buy food stuffs from these places either after Brexit and what about all that widely available exotic food we now have with ease are the standards of those food stuffs from those places up to your liking ... Food origins these days like nutritional info is clearly printed on food stuffs ... Now I know you can read so when your buying your frozen chips and pizzas and 20 burgers for a quid from Iceland just have a look at the label , if it says US put it back and go get yourself a nice healthy doner kebab from Akrams lovely clean kebab shop

antony1969 - 2019-03-05 10:33 AM

You might wanna read this Barry ... https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2452302X16300638 ... The lower summary bit mainly ... As for food safety is it just US standards that upset you ??? The US seems to have a more innocent till proven guilty outlook on food safety when compared to the EU ... What about the lower food standards of Australia , Japan , New Zealand etc are we not to buy food stuffs from these places either after Brexit and what about all that widely available exotic food we now have with ease are the standards of those food stuffs from those places up to your liking ... Food origins these days like nutritional info is clearly printed on food stuffs ... Now I know you can read so when your buying your frozen chips and pizzas and 20 burgers for a quid from Iceland just have a look at the label , if it says US put it back and go get yourself a nice healthy doner kebab from Akrams lovely clean kebab shop

Thats a bit racist that last bit. I dont eat Frozen chips or burgers and Ive never been to Iceland, its fecking miles away.

Actually Im not sure you do have to label the country of origin if its outside of the EU. I think it just has to say "None EU". As far as I am aware anything imported currently has to meet EU standards. Trump has already stated that we must lower our standards if we want a trade deal. That will just be the start of it. We are either in alignment with the EU or the USA but you cant have both and Trump wants to crush the single market so will do whatever he can with us to assist in that process. Not for me thanks.

Barryd999 - 2019-03-05 11:09 AM

Thats a bit racist that last bit. I dont eat Frozen chips or burgers and Ive never been to Iceland, its fecking miles away.

Actually Im not sure you do have to label the country of origin if its outside of the EU. I think it just has to say "None EU". As far as I am aware anything imported currently has to meet EU standards. Trump has already stated that we must lower our standards if we want a trade deal. That will just be the start of it. We are either in alignment with the EU or the USA but you cant have both and Trump wants to crush the single market so will do whatever he can with us to assist in that process. Not for me thanks.

Well according to World Animal Protection team UK are an A when it comes to animal standards ... Only Austria and Switzerland in Europe get the same A grade so if your buying from other EU countries other than Austria and Switzerland your lowering your standards already aren't you ... That of course wont upset you though it's just purely POTUS Trumps USA that niggles ya ... Talking of kebabs you don't mind halal slaughter either do ya ... Strange

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-03-05 11:09 AM

Well if it doesn't say product of the EU or UK don't buy it *-) ...........

How hard can it be? 8-) ........

But seeing as you like Kebabs I'm surprised you're claiming to be bothered about what you eat (lol) .........

I Cant remember the last time I had a Kebab, certainly it wasnt here as they are rubbish. Probably France in 2017.

Our standards might be an A and Austria a B but as long as they meet the EU minimum then thats all that matters.

Your putting your faith in Trumpy, you should have a read of this as its not just lower standards we need to worry about.

Just reading up on what a US trade deal will look like and how its definitely going to be heavily weighted in Americas favour and I came across this.

https://blogs.sussex.ac.uk/uktpo/2019/03/05/the-us-negotiating-objectives-for-the-uk-us-trade-deal-clearly-put-america-first/

Here are some of the highlights. Read the bit on bold

On investment, the US objective in negotiation of the UK-US trade deal is to:

‘reduce or eliminate barriers to U.S. investment in all sectors in the UK’’.

Similarly, on government procurement, the US wishes to:

‘increase opportunities for U.S. firms to sell U.S. products and services to the UK’,

while simultaneously restricting access for the UK (for example, through keeping domestic preferential purchasing programs at state and local government levels).

The US document also attempts to regulate the UK’s relationship with third countries! For example, it would constrain the UK’s ability to sign a trade deal with China by creating a mechanism to:

‘take appropriate action if the UK negotiates a free trade agreement with a non-market country’.

That sounds to me like the US in any deal will attempt to restrict who we can sign future trade deals with. It seems so bonkers I must have it wrong surely? Wasnt being able to sign new trade deals one of the main reasons for Brexit or are we really going to sign up to be the 51st state of America?

Archived