Sat Nav Mounting

ChrisCM

I use a Halfords self adhesive disk about 60 diameter which is stuck to the top of the dash board. The Tomtom windscreen mount is turned through 90degrees. The sat Nav sits just above the top of the dash board.

Easy to unclip and hide the Tomtom from its mount.

I made the mistake, first time around putting the mount to near the windscreen, then finding the internal blinds hit the sat Nav. I took it off and as the sticky had gone, I tried Velcro (which holds most of my add ons in place!) but the sat Nav vibrated to much to read when driving.

Spent another couple of £££ and brought a second disc put in the right place! Cheaper than buying replacement sticky pads.

Rgds

Oops !!! Just saw Clive's post, who has the same idea. Must threads more carefully !

Keithl - 2019-03-07 9:14 PM
Geeco - 2019-03-07 9:44 PMHi Chris and welcome to this great forum. To mount my Tom Tom GPS I used a bracket that fits into the DVD/CD player slot.
That'll be a CD Slot Mount...https://www.cdslotmount.com/I've got one but never found a car it will fit! It won't fit the aftermarket radio in our Sprinter as it's got a removable front panel.Keith.

Keith, The CD slot mount I have was made up from a mount I purchased online from DX.com. I have looked on the site and it seems it is no longer available. I will try & load images for interest sake as it works well on my MH (Ducato). cheers,

1725059206_GPSmount1lowres.jpg.860baf6afb2f04660312e889eb1f0a10.jpg

1125332821_GPSmount4_lowres.JPG.b6afb8cf37afb0eb3ec85c2ea6699735.JPG

We use a Garmin satnav, and because I don't trust the sucker types of bracket, I bought a Garmin device

which clips into the dashboard vents and accepts the ball mount of the original holder. It is easily moved from car to motorhome, works with LHD and RHD, and seems very stable, Only cost a few quid .

AGD

Archived