A German talking sense........

Guest pelmetman

Fast Pat - 2019-04-06 1:54 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-04-06 12:53 PM

pelmetman - 2019-04-05 9:08 PM

B-) ........

Careful Dave, she's an economist (AKA an expert)! :-D

But what a breath of fresh air! Like Malc, I don't agree with all her points, but as an example of speaking truth to power, excellent. Clear, well structured, and well illustrates many of the conceits of the EU, from the Euro to the unresolved external border issue. Definitely one to watch as she matures.

Wiki biog here: http://tinyurl.com/yc47a59w may surprise a few!! :-D

Not quite the darling her wiki entry paints https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/02/alice-weidel-jacob-rees-mogg-erg-afd-eu

Very interesting link which mentions a number of points i can relate to. I've had the misfortune to meet some of these AfD types in areas of Germany and they're very much of the 'old school'. Outwardly most look the same as anyone else, often smartly dressed and clean cut....no visible tattoos and shaven heads. Their political views are quite disturbing.

Interesting that Weidel is gay with a Sri Lankan partner....though i note they live in Switzerland! Funny how these types often operate double standards for themselves isn't it?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-04-06 2:27 PM

B-) ........

But what a breath of fresh air! Like Malc, I don't agree with all her points, but as an example of speaking truth to power, excellent. Clear, well structured, and well illustrates many of the conceits of the EU, from the Euro to the unresolved external border issue. Definitely one to watch as she matures.

Not quite the darling her wiki entry paints https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/02/alice-weidel-jacob-rees-mogg-erg-afd-eu

Very interesting link which mentions a number of points i can relate to. I've had the misfortune to meet some of these AfD types in areas of Germany and they're very much of the 'old school'. Outwardly most look the same as anyone else, often smartly dressed and clean cut....no visible tattoos and shaven heads. Their political views are quite disturbing.

Interesting that Weidel is gay with a Sri Lankan partner....though i note they live in Switzerland! Funny how these types often operate double standards for themselves isn't it?

I doubt that either you or Farty Pants look like Communists :D ..........

B-) ........

You truly are the biggest hypocrite I have come across. *-)

You put that link up yet you are an ardent admirer of Corbyn who associates with known terrorists and terrorist organisations that have committed hundreds of murders. Many of them have conducted terror attacks and bombings on your own country. 8-)

Your surname is not Quisling is it?

747 - 2019-04-06 11:22 PM

You put that link up yet you are an ardent admirer of Corbyn who associates with known terrorists and terrorist organisations that have committed hundreds of murders. Many of them have conducted terror attacks and bombings on your own country. 8-)

I could call you the most gullible person I have come across, but that would be untrue because you know the statements you are making are nothing more than propaganda.

"It is this internal dynamic within republicanism that is missed by Corbyn and McDonnell's critics. It is sometimes said that they were not working for peace because they engaged the leadership of Sinn Feín, rather than the SDLP, and that this encouraged republicans to continue the war. In reality, in working with Sinn Fein, they were working with the very people whose dialogue with grassroots republicanism was essential to the IRA ceasefire, and who needed to be able to demonstrate political influence to show that there was an alternative way forward. The SDLP itself tacitly recognised this through its own engagement with Sinn Fein in the Hume-Adams dialogue."

More here https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/corbyn-mcdonnell-and-irish-peace-process/

In time history will show that Corbyn's attempt to try and find peace by talking to those involved was the right stance. It is worth comparing his position with that of the conservatives on apartheid South Africa, out of interest record which side were you supporting then?

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/journalist-decimates-theresa-mays-record-on-south-african-apartheid-in-car-crash-interview-197165

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-04-07 7:50 AM

I could call you the most gullible person I have come across, but that would be untrue because you know the statements you are making are nothing more than propaganda.

"It is this internal dynamic within republicanism that is missed by Corbyn and McDonnell's critics. It is sometimes said that they were not working for peace because they engaged the leadership of Sinn Feín, rather than the SDLP, and that this encouraged republicans to continue the war. In reality, in working with Sinn Fein, they were working with the very people whose dialogue with grassroots republicanism was essential to the IRA ceasefire, and who needed to be able to demonstrate political influence to show that there was an alternative way forward. The SDLP itself tacitly recognised this through its own engagement with Sinn Fein in the Hume-Adams dialogue."

More here https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/corbyn-mcdonnell-and-irish-peace-process/

In time history will show that Corbyn's attempt to try and find peace by talking to those involved was the right stance. It is worth comparing his position with that of the conservatives on apartheid South Africa, out of interest record which side were you supporting then?

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/journalist-decimates-theresa-mays-record-on-south-african-apartheid-in-car-crash-interview-197165

More rewriting of history *-) ..........

When are they going to rewrite the bit where Corbyn praises the IRA? >:-) ........

https://order-order.com/2017/05/22/asked-about-ira-corbyn-praises-bravery-of-irish-republicans/

The mans a lowlife scumbag *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-04-07 9:04 AM

More rewriting of history *-) ..........

When are they going to rewrite the bit where Corbyn praises the IRA? >:-) ........

https://order-order.com/2017/05/22/asked-about-ira-corbyn-praises-bravery-of-irish-republicans/

The mans a lowlife scumbag *-) ..........

They did, you should try reading the articles I linked to.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-04-07 9:17 AM

They did, you should try reading the articles I linked to.

Like I've said before ;-) .........Rewriting history doesn't change it *-) ........

Corbyn's still a lowlife scumbag >:-) .......

And so, what started as a discussion over a speech made at the heart of the EU, which confronted the European parliament with some disagreeable home-truths about their record, is turned into yet another sterile left/right ping-pong match centring around character assassination of the speaker, her sexual orientation, the nationality of her partner, where she lives, plus similar for those who agree with or disagree with some of her statements.

Whatever happened to the idea of engaging with the argument, and discussing that. Is that too hard?

Why does it follow that she must automatically be lauded (or dismissed) because she speaks from one particular political standpoint? Does that prevent her from making valid points? Isn't it the content we should be discussing, not the packaging, or where it was posted?

out of interest record which side were you supporting then?

I said in an earlier post that both sides deserved each other. I believe each side is as bad as the other.

Why would Protestants want a change in the status quo? Because of discrimination along religious lines, they get access to the better jobs. This gives a better standard of living, better education chances and jobs for their kids at the expense of the other half of the population. This makes them more passive than the Catholic side but just as entrenched in the dogma and bigotry.

What if we were all still living like that? During the English Civil War my birth area was for Parliament, the area where I live now was for the King. Should I hold grudges from the same era and take it out on my neighbours (a similar era to the start of the Irish Troubles). There was actually a battle on the ground where I now live, maybe I should paint a mural about it on the end house of my street?

They deserve each other. >:-(

747 - 2019-04-07 12:10 PM

I said in an earlier post that both sides deserved each other. I believe each side is as bad as the other.

Why would Protestants want a change in the status quo? Because of discrimination along religious lines, they get access to the better jobs. This gives a better standard of living, better education chances and jobs for their kids at the expense of the other half of the population. This makes them more passive than the Catholic side but just as entrenched in the dogma and bigotry.

What if we were all still living like that? During the English Civil War my birth area was for Parliament, the area where I live now was for the King. Should I hold grudges from the same era and take it out on my neighbours (a similar era to the start of the Irish Troubles). There was actually a battle on the ground where I now live, maybe I should paint a mural about it on the end house of my street?

Nice dodge. My question clearly related to South Africa

"It is worth comparing his position with that of the conservatives on apartheid South Africa, out of interest which side were you supporting then?

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/journalist-decimates-theresa-mays-record-on-south-african-apartheid-in-car-crash-interview-197165 "

So was Mandela a freedom fighter or terrorist?

Fast Pat - 2019-04-07 1:01 PM.........………….So was Mandela a freedom fighter or terrorist?

Forgive the intervention, but is it not inevitable that one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist. So which camp he fell into will depend on one's point of view.

He may not have directly caused deaths, and he may mainly have targeted inanimate "state" apparatus, but what he indulged in in his youth would definitely fall within the definition of terrorism today.

The best answer, surely, is that he was both.

The best question, IMO, is "did he do more harm than good?", and to me, the answer to that question is positive. Perhaps a sinner turned saint? Who says redemption is not possible? :-)

Fast Pat - 2019-04-07 1:01 PM

747 - 2019-04-07 12:10 PM

Nice dodge. My question clearly related to South Africa

"It is worth comparing his position with that of the conservatives on apartheid South Africa, out of interest which side were you supporting then?

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/journalist-decimates-theresa-mays-record-on-south-african-apartheid-in-car-crash-interview-197165 "

So was Mandela a freedom fighter or terrorist?

Aah Suid Afrika ... I have to admit some bias on that question. Mostly because the ANC tried to kill me. :D

Luckily I had just left the Refinery (Sasol2) at 12.30 am (after an 18.5 hour shift) when their Limpet mines exploded on my part of the refinery (Synthol). My mate Alan (from Hull) had to take cover for a while. :D

At least the British Contractors showed the African workers that we are different to the local Afrikaaners. If the truth were told, we didn't like the Yarpies either. The whites from the southern half of the country were often a better sort.

And before you get on your high horse about Apartheid and how the whites abused the blacks, try living and working in an African country that is run by the local black people. If Apartheid bothered you, the other would horrify you. I have seen things that would curl your sensitive lefty toenails.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-04-07 5:38 PM

Perhaps a sinner turned saint? Who says redemption is not possible? :-)

So there's hope for you Remoaners? :D ..........

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-04-07 11:35 PM

747 - 2019-04-07 11:24 PM

They should ... but not using guns and explosives.

So how do you suggest that they overthrow a oppressor? Through the ballot box from which they are barred?

What's the point when the LOSERS like you ignore the result? >:-) .........

So how do you suggest that they overthrow a oppressor? Through the ballot box from which they are barred?

So you are a supporter of terrorism then?

Not by taking up arms yourself but by cheering them on from the sidelines, funding terrorism and singing rebel songs down the Pub. A cowardly way of helping in the murder of women and children.

Yes, that sounds like you.

Now it is time to et this thread back on topic.

747 - 2019-04-08 8:56 AM

Not by taking up arms yourself but by cheering them on from the sidelines, funding terrorism and singing rebel songs down the Pub. A cowardly way of helping in the murder of women and children.

Nope, but I am intrigued as to how you say that you do support the right to self determination whilst at the same time you were prepared to work in these countries economically propping up the oppressors through YOUR actions.

Sorry who did you say was the hypocrite?

Fast Pat - 2019-04-08 10:15 AM

Nope, but I am intrigued as to how you say that you do support the right to self determination whilst at the same time you were prepared to work in these countries economically propping up the oppressors through YOUR actions.

So, using your argument, we should boycott Northern Ireland as well?

747 - 2019-04-08 1:23 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-04-08 10:15 AM

So, using your argument, we should boycott Northern Ireland as well?

I think we can also the differences between apartheid SA and NI.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-04-08 12:57 PM

pelmetman - 2019-04-08 7:53 AM

Brian Kirby - 2019-04-07 5:38 PM

Perhaps a sinner turned saint? Who says redemption is not possible? :-)

So there's hope for you Remoaners? :D ..........

Just as there is for you Brexiters, whose wish is to damage the UK.

You Swallow tooooo much Remoaner Codswallop Brian *-) ........

Which EU country has been on the brink of recession for MONTHS? >:-) ..........

I'll give you a clue.......it's not Brexit Britain (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Archived