Holy Week

Birdbrain

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-04-27 8:14 PM

pelmetman - 2019-04-27 7:46 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-04-27 7:37 PM

I thought you knew what green card insurance is? For the most part Scenic who cover me are pretty good and cover more countries than most. Last year though they couldn't for Ukraine but could for Kosovo. Ukraine would have been useful as i could have avoided the trek from northern Romania around the bottom end of Ukraine through Hungary and Czech, both of which meant buying a vignette just to get through to Poland. It varies each year....eg Albania was also off their list last year though i wasn't going there anyway. You can buy insurance at borders of some countries but i feel more secure getting green card here.

As you now know.......It's no big deal :D ........

It is when cover isn't available for a country you particularly want one year.

Well that's the clue Bullet ;-) ........

If the green cards not available.......It's prolly not sensible to go there :D .......

Just sayin :-| ......

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2019-04-27 9:19 PM

I thought you knew what green card insurance is? For the most part Scenic who cover me are pretty good and cover more countries than most. Last year though they couldn't for Ukraine but could for Kosovo. Ukraine would have been useful as i could have avoided the trek from northern Romania around the bottom end of Ukraine through Hungary and Czech, both of which meant buying a vignette just to get through to Poland. It varies each year....eg Albania was also off their list last year though i wasn't going there anyway. You can buy insurance at borders of some countries but i feel more secure getting green card here.

If the green cards not available.......It's prolly not sensible to go there :D .......

Doesn't work like that though. Eg, when Russia annexed Crimea five year ago i could get green card for Ukraine. Last year i couldn't yet politically there was nothing going on, just the same as Albania. It's down to what the insurance company sets which last year my policy was through Axa.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-04-27 9:40 PM

pelmetman - 2019-04-27 9:19 PM

Doesn't work like that though. Eg, when Russia annexed Crimea five year ago i could get green card for Ukraine. Last year i couldn't yet politically there was nothing going on, just the same as Albania. It's down to what the insurance company sets which last year my policy was through Axa.

Insurance companies job is risk management ;-) ........

Not...... immediate risk management :D .......

Archived