Fast Pat - 2019-08-03 11:47 AM

pelmetman - 2019-08-03 11:37 AM

Fast Pat - 2019-08-03 11:32 AM

pelmetman - 2019-08-03 11:03 AM

Fast Pat - 2019-08-03 10:29 AM

One

Tory MP crosses the floor

Tick, tock, tick, tock

How will that speed up a GE? ;-) ...........

As your Remoaner rag pointed out, there is very little likelihood of a GE before we leave >:-) ...........

We don't need a GE, just replace this mob with a government of national unity within the 14 day period and revoke article 50. Then have a GE and parties can set out their policies on Brexit AND everything else they stand for.

So you'll need more than one Tory MP who thinks Brexit is more dangerous than a Corbyn government 8-) ..........

Good luck with that (lol) (lol) (lol) ............

I'm not necessarily talking about a Corbyn government we could have a government led by Dominic Grieve, Kier etc

A caretaker government which will lead to a GE ;-) .........

Which appears unlikely to happen before we leave the EU according to your Remoaner rag :D ..........

Dont get me wrong ;-) ........I'd love an GE with Boris & Farage as the Brexiteers dream team B-) .......

Yes but given the timetable that caretaker government who are against "no deal", will have no option before they call a GE than to revoke article 50, otherwise we drop out during the election process.

That'll go down well with the electorate ;-) ............and will destroy both Labour and the Tories >:-) .......

Labour and the Tories are already destroyed.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/07/31/voting-intention-con-32-lab-22-lib-dem-19-brex-13-

That maybe correct with regard to Labour :D .........

Where as Boris is seeing the Tory faithful return B-) .........

88/30.......Tick Tock :-> ...........

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2019-08-04 8:30 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-08-03 5:51 PM

pelmetman - 2019-08-03 2:11 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-08-03 12:48 PM

pelmetman - 2019-08-03 11:56 AM

One

Tick, tock, tick, tock

As your Remoaner rag pointed out, there is very little likelihood of a GE before we leave >:-) ...........

We don't need a GE, just replace this mob with a government of national unity within the 14 day period and revoke article 50. Then have a GE and parties can set out their policies on Brexit AND everything else they stand for.

So you'll need more than one Tory MP who thinks Brexit is more dangerous than a Corbyn government 8-) ..........

I'm not necessarily talking about a Corbyn government we could have a government led by Dominic Grieve, Kier etc

Which appears unlikely to happen before we leave the EU according to your Remoaner rag :D ..........

Dont get me wrong ;-) ........I'd love an GE with Boris & Farage as the Brexiteers dream team B-) .......

Yes but given the timetable that caretaker government who are against "no deal", will have no option before they call a GE than to revoke article 50, otherwise we drop out during the election process.

That'll go down well with the electorate ;-) ............and will destroy both Labour and the Tories >:-) .......

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/07/31/voting-intention-con-32-lab-22-lib-dem-19-brex-13-

V

Because YouGov are renowned for their "push/polls" trying to drive up the vote. Oh and they're always SO accurate.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2017/06/07/final-call-poll-tories-seven-points-and-set-increa

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-08-04 8:52 AM

pelmetman - 2019-08-04 8:30 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-08-03 5:51 PM

pelmetman - 2019-08-03 2:11 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-08-03 12:48 PM

pelmetman - 2019-08-03 11:56 AM

One

Tick, tock, tick, tock

V

Because YouGov are renowned for their "push/polls" trying to drive up the vote. Oh and they're always SO accurate.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2017/06/07/final-call-poll-tories-seven-points-and-set-increa

Did Labour win? ;-) ...........

Just askin :D ........

BTW if you don't like Yougov >:-) ..........

YouGov (30 Jul) – CON 32%, LAB 22%, LDEM 19%, BRX 13%, GRN 8% (tabs)

Ipsos MORI (30 Jul) – CON 34%, LAB 24%, LDEM 20%, BRX 9%, GRN 6% (tabs)

Deltapoll (27 Jul) – CON 30%, LAB 25%, LDEM 18%, BRX 14%, GRN 4% (tabs)

YouGov (26 Jul) – CON 31%, LAB 21%, LDEM 20%, BRX 13%, GRN 8% (tabs)

Opinium (26 Jul) – CON 30%, LAB 28%, LDEM 16%, BRX 15%, GRN 5% (tabs)

ComRes (25 Jul) – CON 28%, LAB 27%, LDEM 19%, BRX 16%, GRN 4% (tabs)

pelmetman - 2019-08-08 8:57 AM

B-) .............

Oh Jeesaz!! Fecking Corny music now an all! FFS!

He's going to restore our trust in democracy by trying to bypass it?

Except he wont. This is all part of his propaganda machine right down to the hammy music. I bet you had a little lump in your throat watching that eh? Its all part of the plan to sell the idea to the Brexiteers that he is totally prepared to jump off the cliff right up until the point where someone (he hopes) will stop him so he can hold his head up high and say it wasnt his fault Brexit was stopped.

Dominic Cummings, the 'genius' with his hand up Boris Johnson's... checks notes .... back, is pushing the idea that Johnson is championing the People against Parliament, the Many against the Establishment.

But, as The Independent points out, not ALL of the Establishment, "Not, say, his father-in-law, the baronet Sir Humphry Wakefield, nor any of the extended family, including, to take a randomised sample, the 1st Viscount De L’Isle, the 1st Baron Howick of Glendale or the 5th Earl Grey, from whom the family pile, Chillingham Castle, was acquired. The castle is also, we understand, fine for now."

These people are taking the public for a ride. Conmen and shysters the lot of them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/dominic-cummings-brexit-boris-johnson-vote-leave-nigel-farage-a9045766.html?fbclid=IwAR06Mth2xslboDDmYiYK3xleOoxrmOurtPeq55bof-pKV2N2wFXw9O5Pxq8

Barryd999 - 2019-08-08 9:31 AM

B-) .............

Except he wont. This is all part of his propaganda machine right down to the hammy music. I bet you had a little lump in your throat watching that eh? Its all part of the plan to sell the idea to the Brexiteers that he is totally prepared to jump off the cliff right up until the point where someone (he hopes) will stop him so he can hold his head up high and say it wasnt his fault Brexit was stopped.

I was expecting Land of Hope to start blasting out rather than some dirge with Doris waffling bollox. :-|

Guest pelmetman

B-) .............

How ironic :D ...........

A Remoaner bleating about democracy and demanding the vote of the majority is stopped by bypassing the PM *-) ........

You couldn't make this sh*t up (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2019-08-08 4:26 PM

B-) .............

A Remoaner bleating about democracy and demanding the vote of the majority is stopped by bypassing the PM *-) ........

You wanted parliament to take back control. That's democracy and what you voted

For. The most powerful man in the country right now is Dominic Fcuking Cummings! You bang on about unelected bureaucrats in the EU yet I don't see you complaining about that sneaky little sh1t Cummings now calling the shots and running the show. Who elected him? Come to think of

It I don't remember electing Doris either.

It's the hard core Brexiteer that are undemocratic with their talking of bypassing parliament. Except Boris will make sure parliament do get to stop him one way or another.

Barryd999 - 2019-08-08 6:48 PM

B-) .............

For. The most powerful man in the country right now is Dominic Fcuking Cummings! You bang on about unelected bureaucrats in the EU yet I don't see you complaining about that sneaky little sh1t Cummings now calling the shots and running the show. Who elected him? Come to think of

It I don't remember electing Doris either.

It's the hard core Brexiteer that are undemocratic with their talking of bypassing parliament. Except Boris will make sure parliament do get to stop him one way or another.

So much for not giving a toss eh Barry

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-08-08 6:48 PM

B-) .............

For.

You have a point ;-)...............

But dumb ar*e Voters like me assumed our MP's would carry out our wishes :-| ..............

How wrong were we eh? *-) ..........

Now I hope Commie Corbyn actually forces an election >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-05-16 3:48 PM

It's no wonder you lot are LOSERS >:-) .......

So you're a winner then *-)

What have you won out of Brexit so far *-)

Have you got a cushy job out of it like Boris & his cabinet hangers on *-)

Have you made money out of the crash in the pound like Rees Mogg *-)

Have you got £billions domiciled in Tax Havens safe from EU intervention after Brexit like the owners of the 'newspapers' printing the propoganda you soak up and keep quoting *-)

Funny, because I thought you bought Euros with pounds, and had savings in pounds,, but you can't do because that would make you a LOSER ;-)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/08/drop-sterling-pound-no-deal-brexit

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-08-08 10:31 PM

Have you got £billions domiciled in Tax Havens safe from EU intervention after Brexit like the owners of the 'newspapers' printing the propoganda you soak up and keep quoting *-)

Funny, because I thought you bought Euros with pounds, and had savings in pounds,, but you can't do because that would make you a LOSER ;-)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/08/drop-sterling-pound-no-deal-brexit

We haven't left yet......So there's still 83 days to go until I become winner.......not a whiner like you Losers >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-08-09 8:46 AM

We haven't left yet......So there's still 83 days to go until I become winner.......not a whiner like you Losers >:-) ..........

And what exactly are you expecting to win *-)

John52 - 2019-08-09 9:15 AM

That's an easy one to Answer on Daves behalf I think. It's just so he can come on here and go "Ah Haaaaa'! Loooosers" at those of us on here that are remainers on November 1st. Dave long ago forgot about any of the reasons for leaving the Mail foisted upon him. It's all about winning "summat" now and going "hurray". I could be a twaat and say we all avoid the forum for a week on the 1st (assuming we leave of course) but I'm not sure I could take that moment away from him. Imagine his little face if we are not there to take our beasting. (lol)

I see Boris is up to his old tricks calling for tougher sentences for violent and sexual offences pandering to public perception which underestimates the kind of sentences handed down when the appropriate charge is brought. Such sentences have been rising in length considerably over the past decade (see front page of The Times today). We need more police officers and a CPS that is properly funded to ensure that all serious offences are properly investigated and then met with the appropriate charges. CPS staff numbers fell from 8000 in 2010 to 6000 as at December 2018. Boris has pledged £85 million extra funding for the CPS over the next two years which equates to £21.250 per year per staff member lost. I call that no big deal Boris, good luck with any recruitment drive.

:-(

Violet1956 - 2019-08-12 10:10 AM

I see Boris is up to his old tricks calling for tougher sentences for violent and sexual offences pandering to public perception which underestimates the kind of sentences handed down when the appropriate charge is brought. Such sentences have been rising in length considerably over the past decade (see front page of The Times today). We need more police officers and a CPS that is properly funded to ensure that all serious offences are properly investigated and then met with the appropriate charges. CPS staff numbers fell from 8000 in 2010 to 6000 as at December 2018. Boris has pledged £85 million extra funding for the CPS over the next two years which equates to £21.250 per year per staff member lost. I call that no big deal Boris, good luck with any recruitment drive.

Don’t we have quite a surplus of law graduates in UK? Won’t some of those working in the gig economy (because they couldn’t get a job in law) be grateful for a career and training opportunity in the CPS?

I see Boris is up to his old tricks calling for tougher sentences for violent and sexual offences pandering to public perception which underestimates the kind of sentences handed down when the appropriate charge is brought.

" Sentences handed down " are irrelevant when the public perception is that hardly anyone ever serves them.

We are so often told by the media " He has been sent to jail for XX years " - when we know it's not true.

If the public were not so often " misled " ( although I think of it as " lied to " ) there would not be so much dissatisfaction with the legal system.

As for Johnsons plans to put back everything the Tories have taken away - well - that may fool his supporters but no-one else.

You might find this informative Malc. There is provision for extended sentences for offences of the most serious kind e.g. rape, murder etc. There is no automatic reduction of a half the sentence to be served in such cases.

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/about-sentencing/types-of-sentence/extended-sentences/

575 such sentences were handed down in 2017.

Violet1956 - 2019-08-12 11:30 AM

You might find this informative Malc. There is provision for extended sentences for offences of the most serious kind e.g. rape, murder etc. There is no automatic reduction of a half the sentence to be served in such cases.

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/about-sentencing/types-of-sentence/extended-sentences/

575 such sentences were handed down in 2017.

I may well find it informative - but I doubt it will end the problem of people being misled about sentencing.

Generally speaking I think most people only read headlines - and maybe the first few lines of a newspaper / TV report - which misleads them into thinking a criminal will go to jail for 10 years, whereas in fact he will only go to jail for 5 years.

I doubt very much if many people take the time to refer to the sentencing councils archives to establish the facts.

What we need is the plain straightforward truth about a sentence - it shouldn't be too hard to arrange that - it's the only way faith will be restored in the legal system.

:-|

malc d - 2019-08-12 11:15 AM

I see Boris is up to his old tricks calling for tougher sentences for violent and sexual offences pandering to public perception which underestimates the kind of sentences handed down when the appropriate charge is brought.

As for Johnsons plans to put back everything the Tories have taken away - well - that may fool his supporters but no-one else.

He's electioneering so all the guff he's coming out with excites them. None will question the funds suddenly now being plucked out of a hat is what they previously cut! Smoke and mirrors as with the claims over the NHS cash "boost" from "new" money. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-49292013

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-08-09 9:35 AM

John52 - 2019-08-09 9:15 AM

That's an easy one to Answer on Daves behalf I think. It's just so he can come on here and go "Ah Haaaaa'! Loooosers" at those of us on here that are remainers on November 1st. Dave long ago forgot about any of the reasons for leaving the Mail foisted upon him. It's all about winning "summat" now and going "hurray". I could be a twaat and say we all avoid the forum for a week on the 1st (assuming we leave of course) but I'm not sure I could take that moment away from him. Imagine his little face if we are not there to take our beasting. (lol)

Best stay off for a week Barry ;-) ..........As I'll prolly need a week to sober up :D ..........

Archived