Boris! Boris! Boris!...........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-12-21 10:47 AM

So here we have Pelmetheads world in a nutshell

European Defence cooperarion where the UK maintains full sovereignty over its military assets: BAD

Handing over UK military assets into the hands of private American companies: GOOD

You mean that EU who wanted us to hand over the control of OUR ARMED FORCES to them? *-) ........

Fortunately we didn't allow the Traitorous Corbynite Nutters to gain control >:-) .........

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barryd999 - 2019-12-21 9:54 AM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-21 7:40 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-12-20 10:04 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-12-20 6:21 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-12-20 5:51 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-12-20 5:09 PM

malc d - 2019-12-20 4:01 PM

pelmetman - 2019-12-20 3:47 PM

"Britain is FINALLY on course to leave the EU on January 31 after MPs vote by 358 to 234 for Boris Johnson’s divorce deal"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7812153/Boris-Johnson-accused-binning-compromises-Brexit-Bill-returns-Commons.html

World King wins again........Losers Lose again (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

It's true that the ' Leavers ' lost the Brexit vote.

It will be a few years before we know who won the Brexit argument.

:-|

Pelmet posted the same link and the same tripe on his other thread only 2 minutes apart.......comes to something when that desperate, he constantly bumps his own threads with identical links. *-)

Both him and Bracket are obsessed with calling everyone losers. Maybe they never "won" anything before I dunno.......

Pelmet believes he's "won" security from terrorism in UK.......which is odd coming from a bloke who spends half the year outside the UK in a country where he "spends 1000's every month". ;-)

I find that odd as most of the top security experts and rozzers reckon we will be less secure post Brexit and I think most (if not all) of our terrorist attacks have been from home grown Brits.

Rather odd that you show concern and listen to "top security experts" when it comes to Brexit related security issues yet you poo-poo and claim our "top security experts" are wrong when they warn we have 23000 Jihadis in this country ??? ... Seems to me you believe the "top security experts" you want to believe Barry and given youve just voted Labour who's Shadow Home Secretary called for the abolition of MI5 your post as usual stinks of hypocrisy

Did I say they were wrong? I bet I said the crap you read in the Mail and Brexpress were sensationalising by describing 23000 people who are on the radar as being Jihadis / Terrorists. I think the number the rozzers considered real threats was about 3000. 23000 Jihadis? Thats a fecking army of military extremist types. Not very good are they? There was never any question of MI5 being abolished either.

Your Bible ... https://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/2017/jun/17/observer-letters-violence-terrorism-islam ... Note the "23000 potential Jihadis at large" bit ... You know best though as your obviously more of an expert on the true figures than the security experts ... I never said daft bat Abbots call to abolish MI5 would happen princes , its what she wanted though and you voted for her to be our Home Secretary so go figure

Birdbrain - 2019-12-21 11:11 AM

"Britain is FINALLY on course to leave the EU on January 31 after MPs vote by 358 to 234 for Boris Johnson’s divorce deal"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7812153/Boris-Johnson-accused-binning-compromises-Brexit-Bill-returns-Commons.html

Pelmet posted the same link and the same tripe on his other thread only 2 minutes apart.......comes to something when that desperate, he constantly bumps his own threads with identical links. *-)

Both him and Bracket are obsessed with calling everyone losers. Maybe they never "won" anything before I dunno.......

Pelmet believes he's "won" security from terrorism in UK.......which is odd coming from a bloke who spends half the year outside the UK in a country where he "spends 1000's every month". ;-)

I find that odd as most of the top security experts and rozzers reckon we will be less secure post Brexit and I think most (if not all) of our terrorist attacks have been from home grown Brits.

Rather odd that you show concern and listen to "top security experts" when it comes to Brexit related security issues yet you poo-poo and claim our "top security experts" are wrong when they warn we have 23000 Jihadis in this country ??? ... Seems to me you believe the "top security experts" you want to believe Barry and given youve just voted Labour who's Shadow Home Secretary called for the abolition of MI5 your post as usual stinks of hypocrisy

Did I say they were wrong? I bet I said the crap you read in the Mail and Brexpress were sensationalising by describing 23000 people who are on the radar as being Jihadis / Terrorists. I think the number the rozzers considered real threats was about 3000. 23000 Jihadis? Thats a fecking army of military extremist types. Not very good are they? There was never any question of MI5 being abolished either.

Your Bible ... https://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/2017/jun/17/observer-letters-violence-terrorism-islam ... Note the "23000 potential Jihadis at large" bit ... You know best though as your obviously more of an expert on the true figures than the security experts ... I never said daft bat Abbots call to abolish MI5 would happen princes , its what she wanted though and you voted for her to be our Home Secretary so go figure

Ah so they are now "potential" Jihadis not proper full on terrorists then. I wonder what you have to do to get on the list. Perhaps just being a bit of a mouthy Asian teen might do it I dunno. Labour would never have disbanded MI5 even if batty abbot was daft enough to sign some petition or whatever it was where one of the suggestions was disbanding MI5. You just tied their hands and MI6 as regards access to eu wide security databases though.

Barryd999 - 2019-12-21 12:24 PM

Ah so they are now "potential" Jihadis not proper full on terrorists then. I wonder what you have to do to get on the list. Perhaps just being a bit of a mouthy Asian teen might do it I dunno. Labour would never have disbanded MI5 even if batty abbot was daft enough to sign some petition or whatever it was where one of the suggestions was disbanding MI5. You just tied their hands and MI6 as regards access to eu wide security databases though.

Errr ... What a load of silly nonsense ... Your right bowt one thing you really "dunno" much ... You dont like it that such a high number of Muslims are on a terror watch list so you go all Silly-Billy claiming you just need to be a bit mouthy to get on the list !!! ... If it was right wing nutters you'd be on it wunt ya ??? ... You ought to be thankful that our superb security experts have with the help of the Muslim community at times identified potential terrorists and hopefully got them on the radar if they go one step further ... As for those EU databases , how the hell do you know what EU/UK database sharing will be agreed as we havent left , struck a deal no nothing ???

Guest pelmetman

Labour would never have disbanded MI5 even if batty abbot was daft enough to sign some petition or whatever it was where one of the suggestions was disbanding MI5. You just tied their hands and MI6 as regards access to eu wide security databases though.

Given how accurate you been with your predictions of late ;-) .........

I think we can safely assume that Corbyn would have closed down MI5 and MI6 along with disbanding the armed forces and flogged our nukes to his Iranian chums *-) ..........

BTW that EU wide data base gets a massive amount of info from GCHQ >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-12-21 2:09 PM

I think we can safely assume that Corbyn would have closed down MI5 and MI6 along with disbanding the armed forces and flogged our nukes to his Iranian chums *-) ..........

YOU may assume that because you rely entirely on your gut instinct.

I very much doubt if many other people would assume that, because their brains are not located in their stomachs.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-12-21 2:19 PM

YOU may assume that because you rely entirely on your gut instinct.

I very much doubt if many other people would assume that, because their brains are not located in their stomachs.

;-)

Given Corbyn's well documented unsavory history :-| .........

I can only assume you spent toooo long sat on yours whilst on the fence Malc 8-) ........

It's also curious how you Labour supporters have forgotten how anti EU Corbyn used to be? (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2019-12-21 2:24 PM

I can only assume you spent toooo long sat on yours whilst on the fence Malc 8-) ........

It's also curious how you Labour supporters have forgotten how anti EU Corbyn used to be? (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Dear oh dear - your gut instinct has let you down AGAIN Dave.

I am still well and truly on the political fence ( otherwise known as ' open minded ) ---

--- you should try it some time Dave.

;-)

pelmetman - 2019-12-21 9:43 AM

malc d - 2019-12-21 9:34 AM

Fast Pat - 2019-12-21 9:26 AM

pelmetman - 2019-12-21 9:07 AM

Fast Pat - 2019-12-21 7:51 AM

Few other countries in the world would let a company like this be grabbed by US speculators. Slipping it out 10pm the last Friday before Christmas was sneaky Andrea Leadsom dodging flak for selling out British industry https://t.co/fjtZC8IEBm

Kevin Maguire on Twitter

Why are you complaining? :-S ............

If your Surrender Monkey Corbyn had got in they'd of gone bust anyway *-) ........

Leave aside the daft diversionary tactic.

This is now on your guys watch, simple question are you happy that this deal has gone through?

Frightening to think that Andrea Leadsom is allowed to make any decisions that concern our defence.

From Fartparts link..........

"In September the government intervened in the takeover, citing national security concerns.

But in a statement on Friday, Business Secretary Andrea Leadsom said she was satisfied the risks that had been identified had been mitigated "to an acceptable level" - and allowed the deal to go ahead.

Mrs Leadsom said the decision had been "meticulously thought over" and came after she took advice from the defence secretary and the deputy national security adviser"

Seems to me Andrea Leadsom has done her due diligence checks ;-) ...........

Just as Joe public did last Thursday by putting their "X" in the RIGHT box (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

I'm surprised you actually wrote that as it contradicts everything you told us you voted Brexit for.....in particular "taking back control" which you now seem to have conveniently forgotten about.

From the linked article;

Lady Nadine Cobham - part of the family which set up the UK firm - called the decision "deeply disappointing" and criticised the timing of the decision.

She said it was "cynically timed to avoid scrutiny on the weekend before Christmas", adding: "In one of its first major economic decisions, the government is not taking back control so much as handing it away.

"In Cobham we stand to lose yet another great British defence manufacturer to foreign ownership."

One defence analyst remarked that it was as if the government rather wanted no-one to notice what had happened.

It says something of the sensitive nature of Cobham's business that much of the published version of the competition regulator's report on the takeover was simply blacked out.

In one unedited passage of the report, the Ministry of Defence said if the deal went ahead there was "a risk that the institutional framework and safeguards required by the government's security framework may be undermined".

Labour would never have disbanded MI5 even if batty abbot was daft enough to sign some petition or whatever it was where one of the suggestions was disbanding MI5. You just tied their hands and MI6 as regards access to eu wide security databases though.

I think we can safely assume you've hit the bottle earlier than usual today. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-12-21 5:47 PM

I think we can safely assume you've hit the bottle earlier than usual today. *-)

I think we can safely assume "We've dodged" a bullet.......Bullet (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-12-21 5:02 PM

Dear oh dear - your gut instinct has let you down AGAIN Dave.

I am still well and truly on the political fence ( otherwise known as ' open minded ) ---

--- you should try it some time Dave.

;-)

Open minds are the gullible minds in my experience Malc :-| .......

I once voted for Blair :$ ........

pelmetman - 2019-12-21 9:06 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-12-21 5:47 PM

I think we can safely assume "We've dodged" a bullet.......Bullet (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Your previous batsh1t bonkers assumption was totally off the Richter scale in pottiness.....but you've confirmed that you now stand in complete contradiction of what you voted for and never really wanted to "take back control". That was just a daft Trumpian/Farage/Johnson silly soundbite they brainwashed you with.....in your case it only took a short rinse and spin. *-)

Bulletguy - 2019-12-21 5:44 PM

Few other countries in the world would let a company like this be grabbed by US speculators. Slipping it out 10pm the last Friday before Christmas was sneaky Andrea Leadsom dodging flak for selling out British industry https://t.co/fjtZC8IEBm

Kevin Maguire on Twitter

If your Surrender Monkey Corbyn had got in they'd of gone bust anyway *-) ........

This is now on your guys watch, simple question are you happy that this deal has gone through?

Frightening to think that Andrea Leadsom is allowed to make any decisions that concern our defence.

"In September the government intervened in the takeover, citing national security concerns.

But in a statement on Friday, Business Secretary Andrea Leadsom said she was satisfied the risks that had been identified had been mitigated "to an acceptable level" - and allowed the deal to go ahead.

Mrs Leadsom said the decision had been "meticulously thought over" and came after she took advice from the defence secretary and the deputy national security adviser"

Just as Joe public did last Thursday by putting their "X" in the RIGHT box (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

I'm surprised you actually wrote that as it contradicts everything you told us you voted Brexit for.....in particular "taking back control" which you now seem to have conveniently forgotten about.

From the linked article;

Lady Nadine Cobham - part of the family which set up the UK firm - called the decision "deeply disappointing" and criticised the timing of the decision.

She said it was "cynically timed to avoid scrutiny on the weekend before Christmas", adding: "In one of its first major economic decisions, the government is not taking back control so much as handing it away.

"In Cobham we stand to lose yet another great British defence manufacturer to foreign ownership."

One defence analyst remarked that it was as if the government rather wanted no-one to notice what had happened.

It says something of the sensitive nature of Cobham's business that much of the published version of the competition regulator's report on the takeover was simply blacked out.

In one unedited passage of the report, the Ministry of Defence said if the deal went ahead there was "a risk that the institutional framework and safeguards required by the government's security framework may be undermined".

The statement is from a member of the Cobham faily (a woman who married into the family and had no direct knowledge of the business, ie, she did not work in it).

Other Defence analysts have stated that there is no conflict or secrets at stake. They manufacture aircraft in-flight refuelling equipment for Gawds sake .... Something that will be standardised across NATO Forces, so it is not exactly hush hush as technical documents will be available to all Air Forces for maintenance purposes.

Your knowledge of engineering and associated systems has been shown twice today to be woefully lacking.

747 - 2019-12-21 9:57 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-12-21 5:44 PM

Kevin Maguire on Twitter

From the linked article;

The statement is from a member of the Cobham faily (a woman who married into the family and had no direct knowledge of the business, ie, she did not work in it).

Other Defence analysts have stated that there is no conflict or secrets at stake. They manufacture aircraft in-flight refuelling equipment for Gawds sake .... Something that will be standardised across NATO Forces, so it is not exactly hush hush as technical documents will be available to all Air Forces for maintenance purposes.

Your knowledge of engineering and associated systems has been shown twice today to be woefully lacking.

Actually they are responsible for much more than just in-flight refuelling equipment which your "knowledge" shows to be woefully lacking that a simple search on their website soon shows. It matters not who made the statement i quoted though her name was clearly shown in my quote, what should be of concern is UK gov approval of it being handed over to a US private equity firm after previously blocking it on grounds of national security only three months ago. Advent count coffee beans, DFS furniture and pharma companies among their portfolio.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-12-22 7:31 AM

Maybe thats because JC was not as anti EU as BoJo was pro EU?

In the 1975 European Communities referendum put forward by the Labour Party in the United Kingdom, Corbyn opposed Britain's membership of the EEC.[200] Corbyn also opposed the ratification of the Maastricht Treaty in 1993, saying: "... the whole basis of the Maastricht treaty is the establishment of a European central bank which is staffed by bankers, independent of national Governments and national economic policies, and whose sole policy is the maintenance of price stability[.] That will undermine any social objective that any Labour Government in the United Kingdom—or any other Government—would wish to carry out. ... The Maastricht treaty does not take us in the direction of the checks and balances contained in the American federal constitution[.] It takes us in the opposite direction of an unelected legislative body—the [European] Commission—and, in the case of foreign policy, a policy Commission that will be, in effect, imposing foreign policy on nation states that have fought for their own democratic accountability".[201][202][203]

We have a European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anybody, powers have gone from national parliaments - they haven't gone to the European Parliament, they've gone to the Commission and to some extent the Council of Ministers. These are quite serious matters.

—?Jeremy Corbyn views on the European Union in 1996, Labour Party conference, 1996[204]

Corbyn also opposed the Lisbon Treaty in 2008[205] and backed a proposed referendum on British withdrawal from the European Union in 2011.[206] Additionally, he accused the institution of acting "brutally" in the 2015 Greek crisis, accusing the EU of allowing financiers to destroy its economy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Jeremy_Corbyn

Sounds pretty anti EU to me (lol) (lol) (lol) ...................

Birdbrain - 2019-12-21 1:30 PM

Errr ... What a load of silly nonsense ... Your right bowt one thing you really "dunno" much ... You dont like it that such a high number of Muslims are on a terror watch list so you go all Silly-Billy claiming you just need to be a bit mouthy to get on the list !!! ... If it was right wing nutters you'd be on it wunt ya ??? ... You ought to be thankful that our superb security experts have with the help of the Muslim community at times identified potential terrorists and hopefully got them on the radar if they go one step further ... As for those EU databases , how the hell do you know what EU/UK database sharing will be agreed as we havent left , struck a deal no nothing ???

Well if there are 23000 proper Terrorists on the list there is no way on earth we could stop that many no matter how good MI5 are. Remind me how many terrorist attacks there has been in the past ten years here? As for the right wing nutters I am sure I read that our security services in the past year or so have been investigating more right wing terrorist threats than Islamist threats.

We dont know what will be agreed as regards data sharing but it was our very own security services that were desperately trying to point out that the raft of shared data and resources within EU countries was at risk because of Brexit and you and the other Brexiteers decided to just ignore all that.

Planet Pelmet dwellers have long forgotten the pro-remain unpublished article Johnson drafted as he dithered and dallied before stabbing Cameron. Whilst Johnson always held ambitions over wanting to step through the door of number 10 (remember his sister telling how as a boy, Johnson wanted to be "world king"), i doubt that was ever in Corbyns mind.

Johnson has the glory.....for now, but that's quickly going to fade as he finds his promises made unrealistic and undeliverable.

Bulletguy - 2019-12-22 3:59 PM

Johnson has the glory.....for now, but that's quickly going to fade as he finds his promises made unrealistic and undeliverable.

Hee hee hee, I can't believe someone who believed Labours promises and voted for them has actually said that.

Nurse, Nurse, I have got one here for you to take away. *-)

Barryd999 - 2019-12-22 12:02 PM

Well if there are 23000 proper Terrorists on the list there is no way on earth we could stop that many no matter how good MI5 are. Remind me how many terrorist attacks there has been in the past ten years here? As for the right wing nutters I am sure I read that our security services in the past year or so have been investigating more right wing terrorist threats than Islamist threats.

We dont know what will be agreed as regards data sharing but it was our very own security services that were desperately trying to point out that the raft of shared data and resources within EU countries was at risk because of Brexit and you and the other Brexiteers decided to just ignore all that.

For your usual dramatic effect you replaced my "potential terrorists" with your more Hollywood "proper terrorists" just to gain that Oscar winning Boom!!! ... Your "right wing terrorist" claim, could you link anything that says we have more of them percentage wise of the population given Muslims only account for 5% of our population ??? ... Your other stuff about shared security data your right for once "we dont know" so why not shut up about it ???

pelmetman - 2019-12-22 7:49 AM

In the 1975 European Communities referendum put forward by the Labour Party in the United Kingdom, Corbyn opposed Britain's membership of the EEC.[200] Corbyn also opposed the ratification of the Maastricht Treaty in 1993, saying: "... the whole basis of the Maastricht treaty is the establishment of a European central bank which is staffed by bankers, independent of national Governments and national economic policies, and whose sole policy is the maintenance of price stability[.] That will undermine any social objective that any Labour Government in the United Kingdom—or any other Government—would wish to carry out. ... The Maastricht treaty does not take us in the direction of the checks and balances contained in the American federal constitution[.] It takes us in the opposite direction of an unelected legislative body—the [European] Commission—and, in the case of foreign policy, a policy Commission that will be, in effect, imposing foreign policy on nation states that have fought for their own democratic accountability".[201][202][203]

We have a European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anybody, powers have gone from national parliaments - they haven't gone to the European Parliament, they've gone to the Commission and to some extent the Council of Ministers. These are quite serious matters.

—?Jeremy Corbyn views on the European Union in 1996, Labour Party conference, 1996[204]

Corbyn also opposed the Lisbon Treaty in 2008[205] and backed a proposed referendum on British withdrawal from the European Union in 2011.[206] Additionally, he accused the institution of acting "brutally" in the 2015 Greek crisis, accusing the EU of allowing financiers to destroy its economy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Jeremy_Corbyn

Sounds pretty anti EU to me (lol) (lol) (lol) ...................

So JC has gone from that to 'let people have a vote and make up their own minds when they have seen the deal on offer'

So not as big a shift as BoJo going from remain to leave as his funders changed from productive industries to hedge funds in HM Tax havens. BoJo has served his hedge fund backers well already - in his first week ramped up Brexit and crashed the pound.

Birdbrain - 2019-12-22 8:24 PM

For your usual dramatic effect you replaced my "potential terrorists" with your more Hollywood "proper terrorists" just to gain that Oscar winning Boom!!! ... Your "right wing terrorist" claim, could you link anything that says we have more of them percentage wise of the population given Muslims only account for 5% of our population ??? ... Your other stuff about shared security data your right for once "we dont know" so why not shut up about it ???

Shut up about it? Why? Its extremely likely we will lose access to all sorts of important cross border security and cooperation so I think its important its highlighted as much as possible. What difference does it make what percentage right wing terrorists make of the population? Its still alarmingly on the rise.

Barryd999 - 2019-12-22 10:51 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-22 8:24 PM

Shut up about it? Why? Its extremely likely we will lose access to all sorts of important cross border security and cooperation so I think its important its highlighted as much as possible. What difference does it make what percentage right wing terrorists make of the population? Its still alarmingly on the rise.

Well dont shut up about it then , carry on like you have done for the last God knows how many years over else you can make up ... Right wing terrorism is obviously going to be on the rise here in Blighty as it basically didn't exist till recently ... How many right wing terrorist incidents in this country compared to Muslim attacks in the last 10 years as you would put it ???

Archived