Bulletguy - 2019-08-14 2:50 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-14 7:04 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-08-13 11:59 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-13 9:26 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-08-13 9:23 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-13 7:04 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-08-13 7:16 PM

pelmetman - 2019-08-13 2:31 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7351931/Employment-hits-record-high-32-81million-average-pay-pre-Brexit-boost.html

Just goes to show ;-) ...........

That despite the Remoaners best efforts UK employment market is thriving B-) ..........

Unlike Germany's >:-) .........

Oh dear......that didn't last long.

UK unemployment hits 1.33 million after rising by 31,000 in three months, official data shows

Unemployment in Britain grew by 31,000 to 1.3 million between April and June and the jobless rate rose to 3.9 per cent, suggesting that worries about Brexit and the economy may be starting to take their toll on the labour market.

The unemployment rate increased for the first time since the middle of last year and vacancies, which have been declining since the turn of the year, dropped to 820,000 between May and July, according to official data.

“The labour market appears to be reaching a turning point, with unemployment no longer falling, the number of job vacancies no longer increasing and companies and workers deterred from bigger employment decisions by Brexit and global uncertainties,” said Arno Hantzsche, economist at the National Institute of Economic and Social Research.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/unemployment-uk-wages-economy-latest-figures-quarter-pay-growth-a9055301.html

Ha ha! You were careful to omit the bit about employment rising by 115,000.

Now what's 115 minus 31?

Oops! 84,000 more people in work. Yes, definite proof the economy's crashed.

As I said, ha ha.

Those figures you quoted were from Pelmets Wail link.....not the link i posted. Idiot. *-)

Overall, we rate Daily Mail Questionable due to numerous failed fact checks and poor sourcing of information.

Reasoning: Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Some Fake News

The Daily Mail is a known a supporter of the Conservatives. They are also one of the pro-Brexit tabloids and according to a Reuters article, the Daily Mail published a controversial headline in response to a Brexit Court ruling criticizing the judges, by branding them as ‘enemies of the people’.

According to CNBC, the Daily mail also has been criticized by Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales for publishing fake news articles and “hyped up” headlines and “mastered the art of running stories that aren’t true’”. Further, CNBC reported that DMG media responded by saying “DailyMail.com is the very antithesis of click-bait and hype headlines. We just tell stories better than anyone else.”

In review, the Daily Mail tends to publish stories utilizing sensationalized headlines. Wikipedia banned the Daily Mail as an ‘unreliable’ source.

But the Mail figures were from the ONS, idiot. I had to quote Pelmet's post because you'd conveniently avoided the part in it that you didn't like.

Yea i "avoided" his entire article as it's linked from a right wing Tory rag well known for it's sensationalist headers and articles......just as i notice you avoided my link which you didn't like and threw your dummy out the pram as usual. No surprises there then.

Independent; Overall we rate the The Independent Left-Center Biased due to story selection that moderately favors the left and High for factual reporting based on proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record. A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.

That's the difference between the Mail and Independent and i'm yet to see anything of credibility from the former which even has the "distinction" of being banned from Wiki, so prefer to stick with 'factual reporting based on proper sourcing of information' from the latter.

Oh cut the whining rubbish. You're not fooling anyone. You could have sourced the truth yourself.

Your pathetic gloating attempt to suggest that employment is going down has been exposed and once more you've been caught lying.

It's actually gone up by 84,000.

As for biased newspapers. The Independent and the Guardian only highlighted the slight rise in unemployment and made no mention of the extra jobs. They just gave the new employment total so anyone wanting to know the increase had to do a calculation using the last figures.

Don't talk to me about bias, idiot.

I've never seen DM as a "truthful" and reliable source of media reporting and it's long been widely considered a joke by fm's throughout many forums. I posted a link from the Independent, known for it's 'factual reporting based on proper sourcing of information', you didn't like it, so accuse me of "lying"... :-S...i won't bother asking you to explain how you conclude that as it's clearly as batsh1t bonkers as you.

Pelmetman posted a link showing that employment had increased by 115,000.

And i posted a link showing unemployment which you totally ignored because it didn't suit you. Anyone who sees the DM, a pro-Brexit right wing Tory rag comic known for it's sensationalist guff as an "honest" publication sets their standard very low. What next...Breitbart and Infowars? *-) We've gone through the whole "employment" debate before and you lost. One hour a week = "employed" so when you can show how many of those actually hold a full contract of employment for a min of 37- 42hr per week, we might be getting somewhere.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-08-14 4:27 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-14 2:59 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-08-14 2:50 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-14 7:04 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-08-13 11:59 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-13 9:26 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-08-13 9:23 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-13 7:04 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-08-13 7:16 PM

pelmetman - 2019-08-13 2:31 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7351931/Employment-hits-record-high-32-81million-average-pay-pre-Brexit-boost.html

Just goes to show ;-) ...........

That despite the Remoaners best efforts UK employment market is thriving B-) ..........

Unlike Germany's >:-) .........

Oh dear......that didn't last long.

UK unemployment hits 1.33 million after rising by 31,000 in three months, official data shows

Unemployment in Britain grew by 31,000 to 1.3 million between April and June and the jobless rate rose to 3.9 per cent, suggesting that worries about Brexit and the economy may be starting to take their toll on the labour market.

The unemployment rate increased for the first time since the middle of last year and vacancies, which have been declining since the turn of the year, dropped to 820,000 between May and July, according to official data.

“The labour market appears to be reaching a turning point, with unemployment no longer falling, the number of job vacancies no longer increasing and companies and workers deterred from bigger employment decisions by Brexit and global uncertainties,” said Arno Hantzsche, economist at the National Institute of Economic and Social Research.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/unemployment-uk-wages-economy-latest-figures-quarter-pay-growth-a9055301.html

Ha ha! You were careful to omit the bit about employment rising by 115,000.

Now what's 115 minus 31?

Oops! 84,000 more people in work. Yes, definite proof the economy's crashed.

As I said, ha ha.

Those figures you quoted were from Pelmets Wail link.....not the link i posted. Idiot. *-)

Overall, we rate Daily Mail Questionable due to numerous failed fact checks and poor sourcing of information.

Reasoning: Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Some Fake News

The Daily Mail is a known a supporter of the Conservatives. They are also one of the pro-Brexit tabloids and according to a Reuters article, the Daily Mail published a controversial headline in response to a Brexit Court ruling criticizing the judges, by branding them as ‘enemies of the people’.

According to CNBC, the Daily mail also has been criticized by Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales for publishing fake news articles and “hyped up” headlines and “mastered the art of running stories that aren’t true’”. Further, CNBC reported that DMG media responded by saying “DailyMail.com is the very antithesis of click-bait and hype headlines. We just tell stories better than anyone else.”

In review, the Daily Mail tends to publish stories utilizing sensationalized headlines. Wikipedia banned the Daily Mail as an ‘unreliable’ source.

But the Mail figures were from the ONS, idiot. I had to quote Pelmet's post because you'd conveniently avoided the part in it that you didn't like.

Yea i "avoided" his entire article as it's linked from a right wing Tory rag well known for it's sensationalist headers and articles......just as i notice you avoided my link which you didn't like and threw your dummy out the pram as usual. No surprises there then.

Independent; Overall we rate the The Independent Left-Center Biased due to story selection that moderately favors the left and High for factual reporting based on proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record. A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.

That's the difference between the Mail and Independent and i'm yet to see anything of credibility from the former which even has the "distinction" of being banned from Wiki, so prefer to stick with 'factual reporting based on proper sourcing of information' from the latter.

Oh cut the whining rubbish. You're not fooling anyone. You could have sourced the truth yourself.

Your pathetic gloating attempt to suggest that employment is going down has been exposed and once more you've been caught lying.

It's actually gone up by 84,000.

As for biased newspapers. The Independent and the Guardian only highlighted the slight rise in unemployment and made no mention of the extra jobs. They just gave the new employment total so anyone wanting to know the increase had to do a calculation using the last figures.

Don't talk to me about bias, idiot.

I've never seen DM as a "truthful" and reliable source of media reporting and it's long been widely considered a joke by fm's throughout many forums. I posted a link from the Independent, known for it's 'factual reporting based on proper sourcing of information', you didn't like it, so accuse me of "lying"... :-S...i won't bother asking you to explain how you conclude that as it's clearly as batsh1t bonkers as you.

Pelmetman posted a link showing that employment had increased by 115,000.

And i posted a link showing unemployment which you totally ignored because it didn't suit you. Anyone who sees the DM, a pro-Brexit right wing Tory rag comic known for it's sensationalist guff as an "honest" publication sets their standard very low. What next...Breitbart and Infowars? *-) We've gone through the whole "employment" debate before and you lost. One hour a week = "employed" so when you can show how many of those actually hold a full contract of employment for a min of 37- 42hr per week, we might be getting somewhere.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7353989/More-million-people-employment-Brexit-vote.html

>:-) ..........

Bullet failing brain, you posted a link which omitted the most important part of the employment figures, not because it was in the DM but because it destroyed the argument that you were making. I know you're upset because employment actually went up by 84, 000 but stop obfuscating and get over it.

As for workers doing short hours you lost that argument despite what your dodgy failing memory thinks. I'll remind you again how I destroyed you.

People working under six hours a week, not just one hour, number about 400,000 or 1.5% of workers.

The reason that the ONS uses one hour as the minimum is to allow comparisons with other countries' data. This was explained in the link I gave you previously but here it is again. Read it and feel stupid - again.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.ons.gov.uk/2018/11/12/working-9-to-5-how-we-count-unemployment-and-what-the-numbers-show/amp/

Short hours working has actually decreased and out of the 400,000 working up to six hours only a small number, if any, will be working one hour.

And not everyone works 37 hours you idiot. A vast number of people want to work part time.

See, I've filleted you again but in a few days you'll be back telling everyone how you won this argument.

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-14 4:59 PM

Bullet failing brain, you posted a link which omitted the most important part of the employment figures, not because it was in the DM but because it destroyed the argument that you were making. I know you're upset because employment actually went up by 84, 000 but stop obfuscating and get over it.

As for workers doing short hours you lost that argument despite what your dodgy failing memory thinks. I'll remind you again how I destroyed you.

People working under six hours a week, not just one hour, number about 400,000 or 1.5% of workers.

The reason that the ONS uses one hour as the minimum is to allow comparisons with other countries' data. This was explained in the link I gave you previously but here it is again. Read it and feel stupid - again.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.ons.gov.uk/2018/11/12/working-9-to-5-how-we-count-unemployment-and-what-the-numbers-show/amp/

Short hours working has actually decreased and out of the 400,000 working up to six hours only a small number, if any, will be working one hour.

And not everyone works 37 hours you idiot. A vast number of people want to work part time.

See, I've filleted you again but in a few days you'll be back telling everyone how you won this argument.

Was that just Bullets bottom lip hitting the floor I just heard ... His family are so proud of him

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-14 2:50 PM

John52 - 2019-08-14 3:40 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-14 8:23 AM

Oh look. Germany's in the mire.

Oh sure *-) The German Economy is in such a state you have to pay them to lend them money :D

Unlike UK, German Bond yields are negative.

Which means that instead of lending money to the UK Government and receiving interest, investors are lending to Germany in the full knowlege they will get back less than invested. Thats how much more confidence they have in Germany to look after their Ebillions.

But by your Mad Hatter logic its Germany thats in the mire :D

Ha ha!

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/live/2019/aug/14/germany-economy-shrinks-gdp-recession-uk-inflation-stock-markets-business-live

Germany can afford to lose a bit and still be way ahead of UK. So if Germany is 'in the mire' where is UK :-S

John52 - 2019-08-14 6:13 PM

Oh sure *-) The German Economy is in such a state you have to pay them to lend them money :D

Which means that instead of lending money to the UK Government and receiving interest, investors are lending to Germany in the full knowlege they will get back less than invested. Thats how much more confidence they have in Germany to look after their Ebillions.

Ha ha!

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/live/2019/aug/14/germany-economy-shrinks-gdp-recession-uk-inflation-stock-markets-business-live

Germany can afford to lose a bit and still be way ahead of UK. So if Germany is 'in the mire' where is UK :-S

Where is the UK? About to become a hugely successful trading nation when freed from the shackles of that money-draining corrupt bureaucracy.

When we leave Germany will be banging on our door pleading with us to buy their BMWs, Audis and Mercs so that its recession isn't even deeper.

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-14 5:20 PM

When we leave Germany will be banging on our door pleading with us to buy their BMWs, Audis and Mercs

What with?

Germanys GDP is based on manufacturing real wealth.

Wheras Britain counts housing cost inflation as 'Growth' *-)

Only economic statistic that matters is the Current Account Deficit which they don't talk about because its dire.

There will come a point when even you will realise we can't really grow the economy by flipping each other crummy housing on borrowed money :-S

John52 - 2019-08-14 5:34 PM

When we leave Germany will be banging on our door pleading with us to buy their BMWs, Audis and Mercs

What with?

Only economic statistic that matters is the Current Account Deficit which they don't talk about because its dire.

There will come a point when even you will realise we can't really grow the economy by flipping each other crummy housing on borrowed money :-S

Well we'll always have food banks if it goes toots up ... Dummies keep giving to em so if ya can battle ya way past the drunks and druggies and work shy ya can bag some chocky biscuits

John52 - 2019-08-14 6:34 PM

What with?

What with? The same stuff we use to buy them now.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-08-14 5:13 PM

Ha ha!

Germany has a empire to support ;-) .......Unlike us >:-) ........ (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2019-08-13 7:58 AM

"Majority of Britons back suspending Parliament to get Brexit done: 54% say Boris Johnson should leave the EU 'by any means' and 88% think MPs are out of touch with the people they serve"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7350441/Majority-Britons-suspending-Parliament-Brexit-done.html

:D ........

Oh look the Torygraph has had to issue a correction about that poll after being caught manipulating Brexit statistics by excluding those with no view. Original story on the front page, correction hidden away in the corner of an inner page. And lets remember that this was a poll of Torygraph readers not the general public - jesus they cant even get 50% there.

67942064_1314239325409932_4398629823497371648_n.jpg.f4916f6c2fee879bf6efb2508b2e15b9.jpg

Fast Pat - 2019-08-16 11:37 AM

"Majority of Britons back suspending Parliament to get Brexit done: 54% say Boris Johnson should leave the EU 'by any means' and 88% think MPs are out of touch with the people they serve"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7350441/Majority-Britons-suspending-Parliament-Brexit-done.html

Oh look the Torygraph has had to issue a correction about that poll after being caught manipulating Brexit statistics by excluding those with no view. Original story on the front page, correction hidden away in the corner of an inner page. And lets remember that this was a poll of Torygraph readers not the general public - jesus they cant even get 50% there.

Pelmet only looks for DM screechy sensationalist headers with pictures so wouldn't see the Torygraph article. Typical for them to 'bury' that correction though. Shameful. :-|

Bulletguy - 2019-08-16 2:52 PM

Pelmet only looks for DM screechy sensationalist headers with pictures so wouldn't see the Torygraph article. Typical for them to 'bury' that correction though. Shameful. :-|

So amongst those who know there's still a majority?

Oh dear. And that's were the Guardian publishes apologies on something like this, at the bottom of an inside page. Shameful.

Oh dear. And that's were the Guardian publishes apologies on something like this, at the bottom of an inside page. Shameful.

Apologies for dual posts. Dodgy Internet problem.

Guest pelmetman

So is 44% smaller or greater than 37%? >:-) ...........

BTW where does it say it was a poll of Telegraph readers? :-| ........

You wouldn't want to be caught manipulating the facts would you? :D ..........

How are you doing with the list of things that the Bristol leavers did to deserve being called Nazis and Fascists? Remember, you said that if they didn't like being called Nazis and Fascists they should stop behaving like them.

pelmetman - 2019-08-16 4:25 PM

He's lying again. It was a Comres poll of the general public.

Guest pelmetman
FunsterJohn - 2019-08-16 3:35 PM

I do wonder if the Loser Brigade have looked further than forcing an election or another vote? ;-) .........

For example......have they worked out how they're going to change the minds of those folk they've just spent over 3 years insulting? >:-) ...........

Nope. https://www.research-live.com/article/news/telegraph-brexit-comres-poll-provokes-criticism/id/5057702

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-08-16 10:28 PM

Nope. https://www.research-live.com/article/news/telegraph-brexit-comres-poll-provokes-criticism/id/5057702

From your link ;-) .........

"The question from the poll asked participants whether they agreed or disagreed with the following statement: ‘Boris needs to deliver Brexit by any means, including suspending parliament if necessary, in order to prevent MPs from stopping it’."

"Less than half 44% of respondents agreed with the statement, 37% disagreed"

So have you worked out which number is larger than the other? :D .........

P1010899.JPG.e1e12e5ae25dc4fa9c1382142897510f.JPG

Fast Pat - 2019-08-16 11:28 PM

This was a Comres poll of the general public, not as you claimed, Telegraph readers. You lied again.

Duplicate post after editing. Dodgy Internet where I am at present.

This was a Comres poll of the general public, not as you claimed, Telegraph readers. You lied again.

The DT's error was not being precise. 2000 were polled. Of the 1620 people with an opinion 54% supported proroguing parliament. It's obvious this is what they did. If they'd just added the 'don't knows' to the supporters it would have been 53% not 54%.

If this had been a vote there'd have been a clear winner. No one counts non-voters in any election.

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-17 7:48 AM

"Majority of Britons back suspending Parliament to get Brexit done: 54% say Boris Johnson should leave the EU 'by any means' and 88% think MPs are out of touch with the peopleu they serve"

The DT's error was not being precise. 2000 were polled. Of the 1620 people with an opinion 54% supported proroguing parliament. It's obvious this is what they did. If they'd just added the 'don't knows' to the supporters it would have been 53% not 54%.

If this had been a vote there'd have been a clear winner. No one counts non-voters in any election.

Did you read the article? It was a poll of 2011 people so was "Not nationally representative & therefore false." It breached the Market Research Society’s Code of Conduct which states that "when undertaking data collection, members must ensure that ‘participants are not led towards a particular point of view'." Oh and then they misrepresented the results.

Fast Pat - 2019-08-17 9:27 AM

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-17 7:48 AM

"Majority of Britons back suspending Parliament to get Brexit done: 54% say Boris Johnson should leave the EU 'by any means' and 88% think MPs are out of touch with the peopleu they serve"

Did you read the article? It was a poll of 2011 people so was "Not nationally representative & therefore false." It breached the Market Research Society’s Code of Conduct which states that "when undertaking data collection, members must ensure that ‘participants are not led towards a particular point of view'." Oh and then they misrepresented the results.

Well, I was actually explaining why the 54% figure was arrived at. 54 % of those with an opinion supported the proposition.

But it was an opinion poll, so by your logic we should scrap all polls as they can't be representative of the whole population?

Many polls sample only 1000 people and 2000 can be accurate to 2% of the entire population. If there was an opinion poll showing a support for Remain or Corbyn you'd be the first on here trumpeting it.

Here's an article explaining how polls work. I hope it helps.

http://www.britishpollingcouncil.org/a-journalists-guide-to-opinion-polls/

Face it, it was a dodgy poll run by the Torygraph by Comres who are notorious for dodgy polls to try and spin it that there was a majority of the public in favour of bypassing parliament to get a no deal. FFS! *-) Whats the point of that? Boris and the cabinet are morons but not totally stupid and of course their advisors are not stupid. They will know there is no "real" public majority for such undemocratic action.

Meanwhile here is what happens when there is a proper poll of nearly a hundred thousand and this one run by the Brexit Party. Oh dear. (lol)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1384889298315875&set=p.1384889298315875&type=3&theater

Archived