Boris! Boris! Boris!...........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-08-27 9:22 AM

I fought and campaigned (not on here) to make people see sense but we clearly failed miserably

Nice to see reality is slowly dawning :D ..........

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2019-08-27 10:39 AM

I fought and campaigned (not on here) to make people see sense but we clearly failed miserably

Poor old Thick Barrie. You have to sympathise with him in his despair.

But he's so dim that he doesn't realise that calling a moron a man with an Oxford degree in classics, who speaks five languages, got himself elected twice as Mayor of London, a Labour stronghold, got elected as PM by the people who really know him, simply proves that Thick Barrie really deserves the name I've given him.

Worryingly, it's obvious that his analysis of Boris isn't arrived at by reason and intelligence, but by the hatred instilled in him as he's become the worst kind of radicalised, foaming at the mouth, anti-Brexit zealot.

He needs help. Maybe when we leave, the government can open clinics so that people like him won't lose their minds completely?

"He is, as ever, his own tragic Churchill tribute act. There was, to his great regret, no darkest hour waiting for him, so he switched off the lights himself."

Perhaps only to be contrarian, and perhaps entirely incorrectly, I have always taken a dim view of the achievements of Sir Ernest Shackleton. His great voyage across Antarctica set off three years after the South Pole had already been reached. His boat was crushed by sea ice long before Antarctica had managed to raise itself above the horizon. Miracle. Nevertheless, he somehow compelled his men to paddle their way to safety at South Georgia Island, in tiny lifeboats, 720 miles across freezing ocean.

To which the correct response is: so what? Why should we be expected to find heroism in taking oneself and others deliberately, and pointlessly into the jaws of danger, but managing to escape unscathed? It is little more than the 21st-century equivalent of the YouTuber, seeking fame and fortune by pointing his GoPro at himself whilst hanging one handed from the 18th floor of a half built skyscraper. Who, frankly, cares?

And thus we turn to Boris Johnson, and the breathless reports from Biarritz, from “well-placed sources” that there is “movement”. Paris is moving. Berlin is moving. Brussels is moving. The ground beneath the backstop is starting to shift. A “deal” could yet happen. EU officials, we are told, are talking of seeing a “serious politician”, a man “trying to find a solution to a problem”.

This, of course, is the story Johnson seeks to write himself. The hero who saved his nation in its hour of need. Johnson is a straightforward narcissist. He has delivered a crisis for himself to solve. The little lives of others are merely the pages on which he believes himself entitled to write the Boris Johnson story. The needless man of the pointless hour.

He has joked and japed his way around Biarritz, jabbing his finger, smirking at the television cameras, as ever, unable to compute that, 34 years on, he is not still in the Oxford Union. He has swum around a rock, and told the EU, it has a hole in it, “but you won’t see it if you stay on the beach”.

He is, as ever, his own tragic Churchill tribute act. There was, to his great regret, no darkest hour waiting for him, so he switched off the lights himself.

The “backstop” is not a serious problem. It is one that has been invented to ameliorate the vandalism of Brexit – Johnson’s personal vandalism, done because he is too straightforwardly execrable to understand the nation is not the back room of an Oxfordshire pub, for him to smash up for fun.

The Troubles in Northern Ireland were a serious problem. Thousands of people died. They were brought to an end, 20 years ago, through the dedicated efforts of actual, great men, of the type Johnson is just too narcissistic to understand that he is not. He has imperilled his nation for no greater reason than to seek to augment his own personal place within it.

Should any kind of deal be forthcoming, Remainers will cling to it as a semi-salvation. There will be no fuel shortages, no food shortages, no medicine shortages. The pound will plummet slower than it otherwise would have done. A week in Spain for the family will remain, just about, a realistic possibility.

We will, like Shackleton’s men, have made it to South Georgia Island. There will be a celebration of sorts. But it will still have been an expedition of profound pointlessness. We will, all of us, be worse off.

Apart from for Johnson, of course. He will, in his own eyes, be a hero. The newspapers will heap praise upon him, full page posters for the malign society they uphold. And that, of course, will be what it has always been about.

There will be long years for millions of people to reflect on how they allowed themselves to be conned in this way. Debates about who holds power, and why they have so little compunction about using it for such nakedly vicious intent. Of whether more should be done about, say the billionaire Crispin Odey, who makes no secret of the fact he bets billions of pounds on Britain’s ruin, donates to the cause of its ruin with his own cash, then pockets the unimaginable profits.

The weeks ahead are uncertain, and pointless to predict, but there is every chance of Johnson emerging, as the beaming face of the greatest con that’s ever been pulled. The man who saved his country from himself.

But he will not be a hero in the long run. There is no chance of that. He is already beyond salvation.

@TomPeck in The Independent

FunsterJohn - 2019-08-27 9:54 AM

pelmetman - 2019-08-27 10:39 AM

Poor old Thick Barrie. You have to sympathise with him in his despair.

But he's so dim that he doesn't realise that calling a moron a man with an Oxford degree in classics, who speaks five languages, got himself elected twice as Mayor of London, a Labour stronghold, got elected as PM by the people who really know him, simply proves that Thick Barrie really deserves the name I've given him.

Worryingly, it's obvious that his analysis of Boris isn't arrived at by reason and intelligence, but by the hatred instilled in him as he's become the worst kind of radicalised, foaming at the mouth, anti-Brexit zealot.

He needs help. Maybe when we leave, the government can open clinics so that people like him won't lose their minds completely?

Oh ive worked with plenty of people with first class degrees from Cambridge and Oxford who were indeed complete Morons. Yes Boris wasnt a bad mayor by all accounts, quite liberal I gather and nothing like the act he is playing out now. Moron is probably not the right word for Boris I guess. Perhaps its the people who are fawning over him and praising him that need that label, maybe its also them that are the thick ones as well, not me perhaps.

Put it this way FunnyJohn one of us has to be totally way off the mark and wrong about Boris and Brexit. Perhaps we will find out soon enough which one eh?

John52 - 2019-08-27 4:28 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-08-27 4:22 PM

Boris wasnt a bad mayor

Water Cannon .... Garden Bridge .... Rising Inequality ..... etc

Well I suppose that isn't bad compared to the damage Brexit is doing :-S

Closed fire stations

Reduced police numbers

Oh and had an affair whilst his second wife was having cancer treatment - quite a card, or is it cad?

Guest pelmetman

Ooooooh the Remoaner bitches are getting bitchy :D .........and there's only 65 days to go (lol) ........

Have to say I'm struggling to predict when a complete meltdown in the bitches breeches will happen :-S ......

As they're obviously already in a highly unstable flux 8-) ........

(lol) (lol) (lol)...........

Fast Pat - 2019-08-27 5:18 PM

Boris wasnt a bad mayor

Closed fire stations

Reduced police numbers

Oh and had an affair whilst his second wife was having cancer treatment - quite a card, or is it cad?

Crime fell in London under his leadership even with those reduced police numbers youve mentioned ... Thats an inconvenience I know ... Shall we talk about Sadicks London crime epidemic

Birdbrain - 2019-08-27 5:59 PM

Boris wasnt a bad mayor

Closed fire stations

Reduced police numbers

Crime fell in London under his leadership even with those reduced police numbers youve mentioned ... Thats an inconvenience I know ... Shall we talk about Sadicks London crime epidemic

Johnson said that as mayor from 2008 to 2016 he “cut the murder rate by 50%”, that knife crime went down, and he credited a rise in police stop-and-search operations with helping reduce crime.

The reality is more mixed. The murder rate fell significantly, if not by 50% – from 155 in 2008 to a low of 94 in 2014. It did then start to rise again under Johnson, reaching 109 by 2016. The statistics for total knife offences varied over the eight years, but were only marginally lower at the end – 9,937 in total for 2008-9, against 9,738 for 2015-16.

Fast Pat - 2019-08-27 6:05 PM

Boris wasnt a bad mayor

Closed fire stations

Reduced police numbers

Johnson said that as mayor from 2008 to 2016 he “cut the murder rate by 50%”, that knife crime went down, and he credited a rise in police stop-and-search operations with helping reduce crime.

The reality is more mixed. The murder rate fell significantly, if not by 50% – from 155 in 2008 to a low of 94 in 2014. It did then start to rise again under Johnson, reaching 109 by 2016. The statistics for total knife offences varied over the eight years, but were only marginally lower at the end – 9,937 in total for 2008-9, against 9,738 for 2015-16.

Did crime fall under Boris yes or no ... Has crime sky rocketed under Sadick yes or no ... Simple stuff

Guest pelmetman

Boris wasnt a bad mayor

Closed fire stations

Reduced police numbers

Why do you stop at 2016? ;-) .........Does it get a bit awkward after that? >:-) ........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_London

The figures prove they came down whilst Boris was in charge B-) .......and have increased year on year since Sad Dick took over *-) ...........

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-08-28 8:38 PM

Even lied to party members during the leadership election

Remoaner Paddy time :D ............

pelmetman - 2019-08-27 6:18 PM

Boris wasnt a bad mayor

Closed fire stations

Reduced police numbers

Why do you stop at 2016? ;-) .........Does it get a bit awkward after that? >:-) ........

The figures prove they came down whilst Boris was in charge B-) .......and have increased year on year since Sad Dick took over *-) ...........

You and your girlfriend are forever obsessing over London and knife crime yet neither of you live there and Antony once claimed to be "moving to live in France in April", though appears unable to drag himself away from his beloved Huddersfield. Your obsession appears to be primarily driven by the ethnicity and political persuasion of the current Mayor and little else as knife crime isn't exclusive to London.....it's nationwide but we never see either of you posting about knife crime elsewhere in UK. Why not?

Birmingham is the second largest city after London. 3,210 knife crime offences in 2018. London had 14.760 so just over four times that of Birmingham which has 75% less population.

Although knife crime is on the increase, it should be seen in context. It's relatively unusual for a violent incident to involve a knife, and rarer still for someone to need hospital treatment.

Most violence is caused by people hitting, kicking, shoving or slapping someone, sometimes during a fight and often when they're drunk; the police figures on violence also include crimes of harassment and stalking.

source ONS.

Bulletguy - 2019-08-28 10:38 PM

pelmetman - 2019-08-27 6:18 PM

Boris wasnt a bad mayor

Closed fire stations

Reduced police numbers

You and your girlfriend are forever obsessing over London and knife crime yet neither of you live there and Antony once claimed to be "moving to live in France in April", though appears unable to drag himself away from his beloved Huddersfield. Your obsession appears to be primarily driven by the ethnicity and political persuasion of the current Mayor and little else as knife crime isn't exclusive to London.....it's nationwide but we never see either of you posting about knife crime elsewhere in UK. Why not?

Birmingham is the second largest city after London. 3,210 knife crime offences in 2018. London had 14.760 so just over four times that of Birmingham which has 75% less population.

Although knife crime is on the increase, it should be seen in context. It's relatively unusual for a violent incident to involve a knife, and rarer still for someone to need hospital treatment.

Most violence is caused by people hitting, kicking, shoving or slapping someone, sometimes during a fight and often when they're drunk; the police figures on violence also include crimes of harassment and stalking.

source ONS.

Has crime sky rocketed in our capital London under Mr Sadick ??? ... Has Mr Sadick failed miserably on his crime election promises in our capital London ??? ... Me and Mr David show concern for London victims and Mr Sadicks failings and you dont like it , says more about you than Mr David and me Mr Birdbrain ... Regards

source ONS.

Is this the same ONS that got the EU and non EU immigration figures badly wrong? Of course the errors were in favour of lovely EU citizens and stacked against those nasty, coloured non EU citizens.

Sorry but the ONS is a busted flush, I don't believe a word of it.

Birdbrain - 2019-08-29 8:54 AM

source ONS.

Has crime sky rocketed in our capital London under Mr Sadick ??? ... Has Mr Sadick failed miserably on his crime election promises in our capital London ??? ... Me and Mr David show concern for London victims and Mr Sadicks failings and you dont like it , says more about you than Mr David and me Mr Birdbrain ... Regards

Crime rates in large cities will inevitably be higher than that of a small town or village......common sense alone should tell you that. It's basic logic and an indisputable fact you appear unwilling to accept. London is the capital with a population of 8 million residents. Now.......where is your "concern" for the other 58 million as there is knife crime throughout the country?

I can't help but think if Goldsmith had won the mayoral election, we wouldn't have heard as much as a pipsqueak from you pair over London and knife crime at all....ever. Your maniacal obsession over Londons knife crime is driven primarily by your obvious hatred of Sadiq Khan, not because of crime at all but the fact he's Muslim which we all know you have a rabid dislike of. That's where your fake "concern" for Londoners instantly falls apart.

747 - 2019-08-29 12:39 PM

source ONS.

Is this the same ONS that got the EU and non EU immigration figures badly wrong? Of course the errors were in favour of lovely EU citizens and stacked against those nasty, coloured non EU citizens.

Sorry but the ONS is a busted flush, I don't believe a word of it.

IIRC Brian posted on how you'd misinterpreted that article.

Londonanistan? https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/man-26-arrested-after-suspected-3264574

Bulletguy - 2019-08-29 3:58 PM

source ONS.

Crime rates in large cities will inevitably be higher than that of a small town or village......common sense alone should tell you that. It's basic logic and an indisputable fact you appear unwilling to accept. London is the capital with a population of 8 million residents. Now.......where is your "concern" for the other 58 million as there is knife crime throughout the country?

I can't help but think if Goldsmith had won the mayoral election, we wouldn't have heard as much as a pipsqueak from you pair over London and knife crime at all....ever. Your maniacal obsession over Londons knife crime is driven primarily by your obvious hatred of Sadiq Khan, not because of crime at all but the fact he's Muslim which we all know you have a rabid dislike of. That's where your fake "concern" for Londoners instantly falls apart.

Oh dear ... I dont think Ive ever mentioned Sadick is a Muslim so thanks for that ... I dislike Khan thats true but not because hes a Muslim but because hes an utter failure ... You hate Boris thats obvious from your God knows how many hate threads youve started against him , one cant help but wonder is that because of his Muslim heritage ??? ... Islamaphobe

Fast Pat - 2019-08-29 5:33 PM

Londonanistan? https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/man-26-arrested-after-suspected-3264574

Youve had a bad couple of days ... Youve got serious butt hurt ... But your guna have to explain what the pinkety your point is with that post PastFats ... Crack on sweetie

Birdbrain - 2019-08-29 6:10 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-08-29 3:58 PM

source ONS.

Oh dear ... I dont think Ive ever mentioned Sadick is a Muslim so thanks for that

You don't need to.....your regular disparaging comments are enough.

I dislike Khan thats true but not because hes a Muslim but because hes an utter failure ...

Thats for the electorate of London to decide...not you. Your Mayor isn't elected but appointed so you don't even get a say in who is your own Mayor. Perhaps your anger would be better directed there.

You hate Boris thats obvious from your God knows how many hate threads youve started against him , one cant help but wonder is that because of his Muslim heritage ??? ... Islamaphobe

Your definition of "hate" is somewhat skewed. When you see a news link about Johnson you deem it a "hate thread" if it's been opened by me so God knows how you cope with tv news or wandering into newsagents seeing Johnsons name on the front page.

Johnson is a pathological liar and charlatan.......even fellow Tories acknowledge that much about him.

“He’s lied his way through life, he’s lied his way through politics, he’s a huckster. As well as being mendacious he’s incompetent.” Chris Patten

Johnson is Trumps puppet and that's the only reason you like him because he dances to the tune of his American master who you bow before.

Archived