Boris! Boris! Boris!...........

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2019-09-29 10:51 AM

John52 - 2019-09-29 10:26 AM

pelmetman - 2019-09-29 10:15 AM

It's worth repeating :D .........

The pound is still higher than when Labour was last in charge >:-) ...........

Is this some Alice in Wonderland spell where if you repeat something it becomes true?

Meanwhile back in the real world https://www.macrotrends.net/2549/pound-dollar-exchange-rate-historical-chart

Oooh that's pretty........and it matches this one almost perfectly :D .........

https://www.macrotrends.net/2548/euro-dollar-exchange-rate-historical-chart

Makes you wonder who's dragging who's currency down dont it? >:-) ...........

At the risk of stating the obvious again, Brexit is bad for the pound AND (to a lesser extent) the Euro. So the only sensible comparison is with a currency outside Europe. But sensible comparisons don't suit your Brexit agenda, do they *-)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John52 - 2019-09-29 12:42 PM

pelmetman - 2019-09-29 10:51 AM

John52 - 2019-09-29 10:26 AM

pelmetman - 2019-09-29 10:15 AM

It's worth repeating :D .........

The pound is still higher than when Labour was last in charge >:-) ...........

Is this some Alice in Wonderland spell where if you repeat something it becomes true?

Meanwhile back in the real world https://www.macrotrends.net/2549/pound-dollar-exchange-rate-historical-chart

Oooh that's pretty........and it matches this one almost perfectly :D .........

https://www.macrotrends.net/2548/euro-dollar-exchange-rate-historical-chart

Makes you wonder who's dragging who's currency down dont it? >:-) ...........

At the risk of stating the obvious again, Brexit is bad for the pound AND (to a lesser extent) the Euro. So the only sensible comparison is with a currency outside Europe. But sensible comparisons don't suit your Brexit agenda, do they *-)

On the plus side if the pound takes another bashing if we crash out its just possible all that chlorinated chicken and other s**te from the US they want to flog us will be too expensive.

Barryd999 - 2019-09-29 10:04 AM

pelmetman - 2019-09-28 9:29 AM

thebishbus - 2019-09-28 9:23 AM

Pitiful how the three stooges on here, and the loosing remains are digging up all the dirt to try to pull Boris down , but still he seems to be getting more popular with the voters.

Brian B.

Indeed :D ........

They're doing wonders for Boris B-) ........

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/09/27/political-trackers-24-25-sept-update

Well there were accusations back in 2016 that "Leavers" were a bit stupid which they got very upset about. Fast forward three and a half years and its clear from the amount of people that are supporting Johnson that a lot of them actually were and still are.

Its now clear (many of us knew this already) that Johnson and Cummings are doing their best not to deliver a deal and to cause the most damage possible to the country in order to appease their disaster capitalist backers. What makes those that are singing his praises really stupid is that most of them will be the ones that suffer the most. You really couldnt make it up.

This is the stage at which it achieved cult status after three plus years of brainwashing it's zombie followers to parrot well worn mantras, "will of the people", "taking back control" etc etc. Tell a lie long enough and folk begin believing and thats been the base of Brexit.......just keep telling lies, they will eventually believe. Johnson never had any intention of negotiating a deal, he lied all along about that and continues doing so. £ billions are riding on that.

pelmetman - 2019-09-28 8:58 AM

John52 - 2019-09-28 8:40 AM

BoJo is acting like a guilty man. Instead of simply answering the allegations he is throwing abuse at those making them: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/27/boris-johnson-referred-to-police-watchdog-over-potential-misconduct. I have no interest in his personal relationships with his so called female admirers. What I want to know is why did he give them so much of our money when it was desperately needed elsewhere >:-)

You Puritan Losers should remember ;-) .........

Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi became more popular after his Bunga Bunga parties became common knowledge :D ...........

I have absolutely no problem with guys paying women as long as they are doing it with their own money

John52 - 2019-09-29 10:10 AM

What makes those that are singing his praises really stupid is that most of them will be the ones that suffer the most. You really couldnt make it up.

I was just thinking that reading about Britain's Brexit Capital Stoke on Trent. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-49648109 who have been conned into thinking leaving the EU will benefit them

I know Stoke well. Thankfully i live away from it and not in! Two things contributed to the downfall of Stoke....pit closures and loss of the pottery industry. For years both those industries were the backbone of Stoke-on-Trent. In fact it was more commonly known as "The Potteries" due to the number of factories (pot banks) churning out a global export. The market was massive, yet now it's a shadow of it's former glory days.

Apart from the coal mines and Michelin factory, that was it, so once Thatcher shut down the mining industry, the heart of Stoke had been ripped out. Apart from a few grubby little shops, that's it and that was never going to support a community. Swindon will go the same way after losing Honda and Bridgend with Ford.

It's an odd place. For the most part there are lots of streets as in your linked photo. Then just on the outskirts, small pockets of new builds can be found. A relative of mine lives in one. Not a place i'd choose to buy a property but he's happy enough.

Bulletguy - 2019-09-29 1:22 PM

What makes those that are singing his praises really stupid is that most of them will be the ones that suffer the most. You really couldnt make it up.

I was just thinking that reading about Britain's Brexit Capital Stoke on Trent. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-49648109 who have been conned into thinking leaving the EU will benefit them

I know Stoke well. Thankfully i live away from it and not in! Two things contributed to the downfall of Stoke....pit closures and loss of the pottery industry. For years both those industries were the backbone of Stoke-on-Trent. In fact it was more commonly known as "The Potteries" due to the number of factories (pot banks) churning out a global export. The market was massive, yet now it's a shadow of it's former glory days.

Apart from the coal mines and Michelin factory, that was it, so once Thatcher shut down the mining industry, the heart of Stoke had been ripped out. Apart from a few grubby little shops, that's it and that was never going to support a community. Swindon will go the same way after losing Honda and Bridgend with Ford.

It's an odd place. For the most part there are lots of streets as in your linked photo. Then just on the outskirts, small pockets of new builds can be found. A relative of mine lives in one. Not a place i'd choose to buy a property but he's happy enough.

Seems as though they are blaming all that on the EU *-)

Barryd999 - 2019-09-29 11:23 AM

pelmetman - 2019-09-29 10:22 AM

pelmetman - 2019-09-28 9:29 AM

thebishbus - 2019-09-28 9:23 AM

Pitiful how the three stooges on here, and the loosing remains are digging up all the dirt to try to pull Boris down , but still he seems to be getting more popular with the voters.

Brian B.

Indeed :D ........

They're doing wonders for Boris B-) ........

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/09/27/political-trackers-24-25-sept-update

Well there were accusations back in 2016 that "Leavers" were a bit stupid which they got very upset about. Fast forward three and a half years and its clear from the amount of people that are supporting Johnson that a lot of them actually were and still are.

Its now clear (many of us knew this already) that Johnson and Cummings are doing their best not to deliver a deal and to cause the most damage possible to the country in order to appease their disaster capitalist backers. What makes those that are singing his praises really stupid is that most of them will be the ones that suffer the most. You really couldnt make it up.

I thought you lot were trying to tell us no one would invest in the UK after Brexit? :D ..........

Eh? WTF are you on about? Do you know what a disaster capitalist is?

He does but just being typically disingenuous and obtuse for the sake of it. I see you've put up a pictorial guide now which should help him as he doesn't read too well anyway.

John52 - 2019-09-29 1:29 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-09-29 1:22 PM

Seems as though they are blaming all that on the EU *-)

Despite the once big industries which thrived (i forgot to mention Shelton Bar which was a massive steelworks https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/history/steel-works-shelton-bar-metal-2401086), Stoke was where Oswald Moseleys Blackshirts sprouted up. More recently UKIP and Goldings little mob, Britain First, both of which descended into farce.

pelmetman - 2019-09-28 5:53 PM

Violet1956 - 2019-09-28 5:46 PM

pelmetman - 2019-09-28 5:41 PM

Violet1956 - 2019-09-28 2:58 PM

A must read.

Frankly I'm shocked at you Veronica 8-) ..........

You have tried to claim the moral high ground time and time again based on your involvement with the Lyering trade *-) .........

Yet you resort to Twitter to back up your arguments (lol) ...........

I rest my case Mylud :D ........

You wil have to enlighten me Dave. I replied to BG's post and did not resort, as far as I know to making a public comment on twitter.

Typical Lawyering trade *-) ........

Did you not link to a twitter feed? :-| .........

Sorry Dave, you are quite right I posted a link to a twitter account. I get it now. What I don't understand is why posting the link to a twitter accout undermines the veracity of content of it. I am also curious as to why you display such antagonism to "the lawyering" trade.

Veronica

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-09-29 10:11 PM

I glanced a 'newspaper' comment that BoJo could win an election from jail. But his electioneering style of lies and false promises must wear thin after a while? There must come a time when only the Mad Hatter still believes him :D

Judging by the applause and cheering Moggy & Co got at the conference B-) .........

Plus backed up by the most recent poll ;-) .........

Boris would win even if he was a political prisoner >:-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-09-29 8:51 PM

Good to see Boris giving his Conference speech in a centre built with £3.6 million of UK funding via the EU spiv's.

Sorted that for you >:-) ............

pelmetman - 2019-09-30 9:45 AM

Fast Pat - 2019-09-29 8:51 PM

Good to see Boris giving his Conference speech in a centre built with £3.6 million of UK funding via the EU spiv's.

Sorted that for you >:-) ............

Probably very true.

The U.K. government gave money to the E.U. and the E.U. decided to spend it in Manchester.

IF the U.K. government had NOT given it to the E.U. - the U.K. government would have spent it in the south of England.

:-|

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-09-30 10:23 AM

pelmetman - 2019-09-30 9:43 AM

Judging by the applause and cheering Moggy & Co got at the conference B-) .........

Yes of course because BoJo's lies and false promises are their only hope of getting elected >:-)

There's nothing false about his promises ;-) ..........

He's trying his best to honour the vote of 17.4 million voters B-) ..........

If he fails WE KNOW WHO TO BLAME >:-( ..........

It wont be Boris >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-09-30 1:34 PM

Yes of course because BoJo's lies and false promises are their only hope of getting elected >:-)

As usual......blame anyone and anything but yourselves because not once have you ever taken responsibility for your actions.

of course he and the Brexiteers will be to blame. He and the rest of them promised us the easiest deal in history with all the benefits we have now. Nobody has tried to stop them giving us that they just lied about it as it was never going to happen. Thats why we have had to pass a law now asking for an extension as its their lies that have got us into this mess. Maybe some of them really believed we would get a great deal but I dont think so. No deal was the plan all along. So yes they will take the blame along with those who are still supporting this bollox

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-09-30 5:27 PM

of course he and the Brexiteers will be to blame. He and the rest of them promised us the easiest deal in history with all the benefits we have now. Nobody has tried to stop them giving us that they just lied about it as it was never going to happen. Thats why we have had to pass a law now asking for an extension as its their lies that have got us into this mess. Maybe some of them really believed we would get a great deal but I dont think so. No deal was the plan all along. So yes they will take the blame along with those who are still supporting this bollox

The reason the EU has played hardball is because the treasonous Loser Brigade gave them our bat *-) .......

Hopefully you have ensured they score a Own Goal with a No Deal Brexit >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-10-01 9:08 AM

The reason the EU has played hardball is because the treasonous Loser Brigade gave them our bat *-) .......

Ah, so iif it wasn't for the treasonous Loser Brigade the EU would have given us a better deal out than we had when we were in, and encouraged everyone else to leave *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-10-01 9:26 AM

pelmetman - 2019-10-01 9:08 AM

Ah, so iif it wasn't for the treasonous Loser Brigade the EU would have given us a better deal out than we had when we were in, and encouraged everyone else to leave *-)

You forget we're the worlds 5th biggest economy ;-) ............

The EU will DO a DEAL........All the Loser Brigade is trying to do is ensure we get a sh*t deal *-) ..........

So that if they manage to force another vote they'll give us the choice of a sh*t deal or staying in the EU sh*t ;-) ............

I'd still chose a sh*t deal >:-) ..........

Archived