Boris! Boris! Boris!...........

Guest pelmetman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fast Pat - 2019-11-11 9:02 AM

China destroys British Steel by dumping cheap steel, courtesy of the Cameron/Osborne government which resisted tough EU anti-dumping measures because they were sucking up to President Xi

Now it buys the remnants for a pittance with Johnson nodding it through.

To be fair to Cameron/Osborne, BoJo has done his bit to destroy British Steel too - Foregners daren't sign forward contracts to buy their steel from Britain in case they can't get it through without taxes and customs delays after Brexit.

colin - 2019-11-11 12:20 PM

I've just realised that having Boris in no10 is not all bad, he is very pro immigration and in past has promised an amnesty for illegal immigrants, but he wants to send them 'up north', sounds good to me. >:-)

Big fan of the single market and wanted Turkey to join the EU.

Good actor. On record for conning a nation (twice).

Fast Pat - 2019-11-11 9:53 AM

747 - 2019-11-11 9:08 AM

I wonder where Fartpants plagiarised that from?

The Momentum weekly magazine? No, can't be, the grammar is too good for Neanderthals. ;-)

And the content? Do you agree or disagree with the sentiment?

The author is entitled to his views ... however misguided. :-(

However, I believe this to be a piece of Labour propaganda, issued to con the gullible.

747 - 2019-11-11 1:09 PM

Fast Pat - 2019-11-11 9:53 AM

747 - 2019-11-11 9:08 AM

I wonder where Fartpants plagiarised that from?

The Momentum weekly magazine? No, can't be, the grammar is too good for Neanderthals. ;-)

And the content? Do you agree or disagree with the sentiment?

The author is entitled to his views ... however misguided. :-(

However, I believe this to be a piece of Labour propaganda, issued to con the gullible.

Q. Why has the British Government been criticised for not doing enough to protect the UK steel industry?

A. Sharply falling prices and a flood of cheap, foreign steel has sparked major concern for the future of the British steel industry, and the many jobs that depend on it.

British ministers blocked proposals in the EU to get rid of the “lesser duty rule” which caps tariffs at 9% - in the US some products face a tariff of up to 236%. The British Government has said the 9% tariff is too low, but warned against lurching towards protectionism.

The debate comes as Britain has been courting China hard in a bid to foster closer trade links. Chancellor George Osborne said the two nations should “stick together and create a golden decade” while on a visit to China last September.

The following month, Chinese President Xi Jinping visited Britain and was treated to a State banquet at Buckingham Palace, where he sat between the Queen and the Duchess of Cambridge.

Set in this context, the Government has been accused of betraying British steelworkers to curry favour with the Chinese.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2016/apr/01/tata-steel-crisis-uk-ringleader-china-sajid-javid-port-talbot-live?page=with:block-56fe1786e4b06006ffbbbdca

When I left college in the late 80s I bigged up by CV and qualifications a bit (Well a lot) and landed a three month contract at British Steel as a Financial Analyst (lol)

Jeeesaz what an eye opener. Never seen such a badly run organisation since. Mind you I think it all went tits up for them after I left. 8-)

Barryd999 - 2019-11-11 2:30 PM

When I left college in the late 80s I bigged up by CV and qualifications a bit (Well a lot) and landed a three month contract at British Steel as a Financial Analyst (lol)

Jeeesaz what an eye opener. Never seen such a badly run organisation since. Mind you I think it all went tits up for them after I left. 8-)

I worked at a subsidiary of British Steel for 18 months, I was glad to get out of there, poorly run hardly describes it.

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-11-11 5:25 PM

Interesting slip by Johnson in an interview with BBC today.

He said " People should vote for us - and the Conservatives "

I wonder which party he thinks he's in.

;-)

I wonder whether you and your fellow Losers are making toooo much out of a slip of the tongue ;-) ......

P1010899.JPG.840628bc8e84d6704150469c961b0b35.JPG

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-11-12 6:40 AM

That video is so obviously doctored *-) ........

It's actually quite funny :D ........

As it shows just how desperate you Sad Labour Losers have become >:-) .......

Well done Loser (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-11-12 9:35 AM

Apparently not and the BBC (who everyone but you now knows is run by the Tories) covered it up.

https://evolvepolitics.com/bbc-accused-of-covering-up-boris-johnson-remembrance-day-gaffe-by-using-2016-footage/

It was reported (with video) in your preferred "read". *-)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7669741/Boris-Johnson-sets-early-lay-poppy-wreath-Cenotaph.html

Nothing funny about his behaviour at all. Turns up looking like Tracy Emins unmade bed, coat unbuttoned, then places wreath so the message is upside down. *-)

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/remembrance-sunday-boris-johnson-pictured-20853195

What shows as really desperate is you and your girlfriends incessant obsession over bashing anything and anyone Labour without ever acknowledging some misguided party members voted Brexit.

Barryd999 - 2019-11-12 11:43 AM

Apparently not and the BBC (who everyone but you now knows is run by the Tories) covered it up.

https://evolvepolitics.com/bbc-accused-of-covering-up-boris-johnson-remembrance-day-gaffe-by-using-2016-footage/

This one?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50374630

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/bbc-boris-johnson-brexit-wreath-laying-cenotaph-footage-wrong-old-tory-bias-a9198521.html

ASTOUNDING statement from Prof. Philip Davies, a director of the Brunel Centre for Intelligence & Security Studies, James explains we were all concerned enough already (over the non-publication of the ISC report)...Prof. Davies replies, "It's much worse than you think!"

Archived