"Man of the people" stuck for words

Bulletguy

pelmetman - 2019-05-19 5:10 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-05-19 5:01 PM

pelmetman - 2019-05-19 4:31 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-05-19 2:37 PM

Turns out Pelmets "man of the people" is now facing investigation himself over undeclared funds which he failed to register as MEP with the EU. (lol)(lol)

I can see the attraction of Faridge for Pelmet. Dodgy dealers attract dodgy unscrupulous folk.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-arron-banks-eu-authorities-investigation-gifts-tycoon-a8918946.html

So he's going to be investigated by the EU that we're leaving? ;-) .........

If you commit an offence whilst still under contract of employment, do you expect to be 'let off' purely because you've said you plan to leave? That moral compass of yours has gone wonky again so no surprises at your response.

I was pointing out the irony of Farage being investigated by the Corrupt EU >:-) .........

They can hardly preach can they?.........

Yes they can for the very reasons clearly stated in the linked article you obviously haven't read.

Especially Jean Claude-Juncker who had to resign as PM of Luxembourg (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23264789

Kinda shows how accurate YOUR moral compass is doesn't it? :D .........

Not only was Jean Claude-Juncker not in office in the EU at that point it also has absolutely no relevance to the linked article which is about an MEP (Farage) being under investigation over undeclared funds. Do try keeping on subject topic rather than squirming and wriggling as it implies you're defending possible fraud.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2019-05-19 5:37 PM

Turns out Pelmets "man of the people" is now facing investigation himself over undeclared funds which he failed to register as MEP with the EU. (lol)(lol)

I can see the attraction of Faridge for Pelmet. Dodgy dealers attract dodgy unscrupulous folk.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-arron-banks-eu-authorities-investigation-gifts-tycoon-a8918946.html

If you commit an offence whilst still under contract of employment, do you expect to be 'let off' purely because you've said you plan to leave? That moral compass of yours has gone wonky again so no surprises at your response.

I was pointing out the irony of Farage being investigated by the Corrupt EU >:-) .........

Yes they can for the very reasons clearly stated in the linked article you obviously haven't read.

Especially Jean Claude-Juncker who had to resign as PM of Luxembourg (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Not only was Jean Claude-Juncker not in office in the EU at that point it also has absolutely no relevance to the linked article which is about an MEP (Farage) being under investigation over undeclared funds. Do try keeping on subject topic rather than squirming and wriggling as it implies you're defending possible fraud.

"possible" ... Why dont wait for any "possible" investigation proving guilt before convicting innocent folk ... Your asking for evidence on another thread so why dont you show your evidence regarding this ... Regards

Guest pelmetman

I'm pointing out that the EU can hardly claim the moral high ground ;-) ...........

They're not exactly squeaky clean themselves are they? >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-05-20 7:30 AM

I'm pointing out that the EU can hardly claim the moral high ground ;-) ...........

Yes they can as with any Parliament there are rules ministers must abide by, such as conflict of interests, undeclared spending etc etc. We have ours just the same as every other country does. I've already explained this to you. *-)

I doubt many would lay claim to that though much depends on the severity and intention. The infamous £1600 Duck house for a Tory ministers garden pond for example and Douglas Hogg MP who claimed £2200 to have his moat cleaned, to name just a couple.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-05-20 10:35 AM

Yes they can as with any Parliament there are rules ministers must abide by, such as conflict of interests, undeclared spending etc etc. We have ours just the same as every other country does. I've already explained this to you. *-)

I doubt many would lay claim to that though much depends on the severity and intention. The infamous £1600 Duck house for a Tory ministers garden pond for example and Douglas Hogg MP who claimed £2200 to have his moat cleaned, to name just a couple.

So how many Labour MP's compared to Tories went to prison for fiddling ? ;-) .........

Criminal charges

Keir Starmer, Director of Public Prosecutions for England and Wales announced on 5 February 2010 that three Labour MPs, Elliot Morley, David Chaytor and Jim Devine, and Conservative peer Lord Hanningfield would face criminal charges of false accounting (s. 17, Theft Act 1968) in relation to their expense claims. He said that the Crown Prosecution Service had concluded that "there is sufficient evidence to bring criminal charges and that it is in the public interest to charge the individuals concerned".[126][127] All four denied wrongdoing and said they would fight the charges. A joint statement from Morley, Chaytor and Devine said "we totally refute any charges that we have committed an offence and we will defend our position robustly", while Hanningfield said "all the claims I have ever made were made in good faith".[154][177]

David Chaytor (Labour) appealed along with Jim Devine and Elliot Morley to the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom that his actions were protected by parliamentary privilege. The Supreme Court ruled against them and he subsequently pleaded guilty to charges of false accounting a total of £18,350, and was sentenced to 18 months imprisonment.[178]

Jim Devine (Labour) pleaded not guilty and was found guilty on two counts but cleared of a third (relating to £360) on 10 February 2011.[179] He had fraudulently claimed a total of £8,385 and on 31 March 2011 was sentenced to 16 months imprisonment.[133]

Eric Illsley (Labour) pleaded guilty to charges of false accounting totalling £14,000 and was sentenced at Southwark Crown Court to 12 months imprisonment.[180]

Denis MacShane (Labour) was jailed for six months on 23 December 2013 for expenses fraud, after admitting submitting 19 fake receipts amounting to £12,900, making him the fifth MP to get a prison sentence as a result of the scandal.[181]

Margaret Moran (Labour). On 6 September 2011 the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) announced that Moran would face 21 criminal charges[182] 15 of false accounting and six charges of forgery. She was summoned to appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on 19 September 2011 where she was reported to have wept throughout the hearing.[183] Moran was sent to the Crown Court at Southwark for trial on 30 October 2011. She failed to appear and a 'not guilty' plea was entered by default in her absence. A date for the trial of an issue was set for 18 April with a directions hearing set for 15 December.[184] On 15 December 2011 Mr Justice Saunders was informed that psychiatrists considered Moran unfit to plead with the defence contending that the trial should therefore not proceed.[185] In April 2012, after receiving evidence from a number of psychiatrists, the judge determined that Moran was not fit to plead. On 13 November 2012 a jury found her guilty of the acts alleged.[186] In December, she was sentenced to a two-year supervision and treatment order, the judge commenting that although some might feel she had "got away with it", the court had acted "in accordance with the law of the land and on the basis of the evidence that it hears". Her false claims totalled more than £53,000, the largest fraud of any MP in the expenses scandal.[187]

Elliot Morley (Labour) admitted two charges of dishonesty and was sentenced at Southwark Crown Court on 20 May 2011 to 16 months imprisonment, his false claims totalled £31,333.54.[188][189] On 8 June 2011, he was expelled from the Privy Council, the first expulsion since Edgar Speyer in 1921, and thereby removing his right to use the honorific title The Right Honourable.[190]

Just askin (lol) .........

Obviously when it comes to fraudulent behavior Labour much like the EU can hardly claim the moral high ground *-) ..........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_parliamentary_expenses_scandal

pelmetman - 2019-05-20 11:19 AM

So how many Labour MP's compared to Tories went to prison for fiddling ? ;-) .........

Ah i see.....because you lost the previous points i made, you shift the goalposts to include criminal charges and prison now! And typically for you, it's not about fiddling per se, but more about which political side of the fence......so for you it's ok for Tory MP's to fiddle, but not Labour MP's.

That much was crystal clear by your editing out of any 'embarrassing' Tory wallahs from your Wiki copy 'n paste job and only listing Labour MP's! You're easy to destroy! (lol)(lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-05-20 6:29 PM

Ah i see.....because you lost the previous points i made, you shift the goalposts to include criminal charges and prison now! And typically for you, it's not about fiddling per se, but more about which political side of the fence......so for you it's ok for Tory MP's to fiddle, but not Labour MP's.

That much was crystal clear by your editing out of any 'embarrassing' Tory wallahs from your Wiki copy 'n paste job and only listing Labour MP's! You're easy to destroy! (lol)(lol)

Just pointing out that Labour MP's are obviously more corrupt than Tory MP's...... as 7 Labour MP's went to prison compared to one Tory peer >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-05-20 9:15 PM

Just pointing out that Labour MP's are obviously more corrupt than Tory MP's...... as THREE Labour MP's went to prison compared to TWO Tory peers >:-) ..........

Fixed that for you.....and Peers in particular should certainly know better. Utterly shameful. From your Torygraph; https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/8776160/Expenses-MPs-and-their-sentences-how-long-each-served.html

So after all your blustering, wailing, ducking and diving, you are now going to have to accept both the EU and EC are investigating Farage and if found guilty of any wrong doings he must do the honourable thing and resign. Given the huge amounts of money involved it should be jail time. And there's still that ongoing criminal inquiry into his crooked pal Banks.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-05-20 10:08 PM

pelmetman - 2019-05-20 9:15 PM

Just pointing out that Labour MP's are obviously more corrupt than Tory MP's...... as THREE Labour MP's went to prison compared to TWO Tory peers >:-) ..........

Fixed that for you.....and Peers in particular should certainly know better. Utterly shameful. From your Torygraph; https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/8776160/Expenses-MPs-and-their-sentences-how-long-each-served.html

So after all your blustering, wailing, ducking and diving, you are now going to have to accept both the EU and EC are investigating Farage and if found guilty of any wrong doings he must do the honourable thing and resign. Given the huge amounts of money involved it should be jail time. And there's still that ongoing criminal inquiry into his crooked pal Banks.

Looks like you need to read the wiki link ;-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_parliamentary_expenses_scandal

BTW has Banks been charged yet?..........coz they seem to be taking an awfully long time finding any actual dirt :-| .........

But that's all part of the Remoaner establishments dirty tricks "Project Smear" repertoire isn't it? *-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-05-21 9:30 AM

No i don't as anyone can edit into Wiki whatever they like in seconds....fact, fiction or conjecture. I sourced you a Torygraph link for some right wing bias to keep you happy.

BTW has Banks been charged yet?..........coz they seem to be taking an awfully long time finding any actual dirt :-| ........

Ever likely it's taking so long when May blocked initial investigation attempts three years ago, reasons for which she refuses to answer. Add to that his intricate and complex web of offshore accounting and dodgy dealing. it's not a matter of simply pulling his Co-Op bank account records as a fraud team would do with someone making a false insurance claim for a £200 quid phone. People like Banks don't have those sort of bank accounts.

The NCA need to follow the money and that's where they will find their answers. Just follow the money. FBI director Mark Felt was right about that forty two years ago. It took two young investigative journalists just over two years but he was 100% right.

But that's all part of the Remoaner establishments dirty tricks "Project Smear" repertoire isn't it? *-)

That's funny coming from someone like you who spends his time on this forum smearing anyone and anything 'politically left'....but then throws his dummy out the pram and wails when he reads anything the other way round. (lol)

What I'm puzzled by is why Banks, a man who has made his fortune in insurance, wants to bankroll a politician who thinks that our NHS should be replaced by an insurance based model like they suffer from in the US. I mean whats in it for him?

Fast Pat - 2019-05-21 1:10 PM

What I'm puzzled by is why Banks, a man who has made his fortune in insurance, wants to bankroll a politician who thinks that our NHS should be replaced by an insurance based model like they suffer from in the US. I mean whats in it for him?

Flogging private health policies.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-05-21 12:20 PM

No i don't as anyone can edit into Wiki whatever they like in seconds....fact, fiction or conjecture. I sourced you a Torygraph link for some right wing bias to keep you happy.

BTW has Banks been charged yet?..........coz they seem to be taking an awfully long time finding any actual dirt :-| ........

Ever likely it's taking so long when May blocked initial investigation attempts three years ago, reasons for which she refuses to answer. Add to that his intricate and complex web of offshore accounting and dodgy dealing. it's not a matter of simply pulling his Co-Op bank account records as a fraud team would do with someone making a false insurance claim for a £200 quid phone. People like Banks don't have those sort of bank accounts.

The NCA need to follow the money and that's where they will find their answers. Just follow the money. FBI director Mark Felt was right about that forty two years ago. It took two young investigative journalists just over two years but he was 100% right.

But that's all part of the Remoaner establishments dirty tricks "Project Smear" repertoire isn't it? *-)

That's funny coming from someone like you who spends his time on this forum smearing anyone and anything 'politically left'....but then throws his dummy out the pram and wails when he reads anything the other way round. (lol)

Paybacks a bitch :D .........as you'll find out on Thursday ;-) ..........

No doubt you've all rehearsed your excuses (lol) ........

"It's not as bad as the poll's predicted"

"There were too many Remain parties to chose from"

"They didn't get 52% of the vote"

"It wasn't really a proxy referendum (Unless Remoaners win of course *-) )"

"We actually won by coming second"

(lol) (lol) (lol) ............

pelmetman - 2019-05-21 2:58 PM

Well if pro Brexit parties do not get over 50% of the vote then what do you think that tells us then?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-05-21 3:24 PM

Well if pro Brexit parties do not get over 50% of the vote then what do you think that tells us then?

It tells us we out number Remoaners and Lemmings :D ..........and Lemmings don't count ;-) ........

Coz they frankly have the same thought process as a amoeba *-) ........

I've still not seen a copy of your Brexit Party manifesto. Any chance you could link as i'd love to read it? With all this hot air you're blowing around lately it must be very detailed and comprehensive.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-05-21 4:12 PM

I've still not seen a copy of your Brexit Party manifesto. Any chance you could link as i'd love to read it? With all this hot air you're blowing around lately it must be very detailed and comprehensive.

What do we need a manifesto for the EU elections for? :-S ...........

We voted to leave >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-05-21 3:50 PM

It tells us we out number Remoaners and Lemmings :D ..........and Lemmings don't count ;-) ........

How do you figure that out? If Pro Brexit parties get say 45% of the votes your saying that outnumbers those voting for pro EU parties. Brexiteer logic I guess is alive and well. *-)

pelmetman - 2019-05-21 4:23 PM

I'd expect better than that for £25 quid where you aren't even entitled to be a member. Do you set foot on a ship with no life rafts, no lifebelts and not the faintest clue to where it's going? As Brian has explained to you many times before, saying "we want to leave" isn't enough. Where's your strategy, plan, destination, motives and views?

Maybe you'd best ask The Movement if they know.

Bulletguy - 2019-05-21 5:57 PM

I'd expect better than that for £25 quid where you aren't even entitled to be a member. Do you set foot on a ship with no life rafts, no lifebelts and not the faintest clue to where it's going? As Brian has explained to you many times before, saying "we want to leave" isn't enough. Where's your strategy, plan, destination, motives and views?

They dont do detail. Farage is just back on the 2016 roll again and the Brexiteers are happy for a while after being miserable for three years because none of it is reality and nobody has to provide a plan or any details. Afterwards it will just be back to parliament trying to decide the details and what to do next.

There was one of the Brexit party candidates on the Jeremy Vine show the other day and he asked him "if we leave on no deal as you are proposing, what will you do about the Irish border problem". The answer was pretty much "Ah we will sort summat out down the line, Computers and stuff". Laughable.

Barryd999 - 2019-05-21 6:29 PM

They dont do detail. Farage is just back on the 2016 roll again and the Brexiteers are happy for a while after being miserable for three years because none of it is reality and nobody has to provide a plan or any details. Afterwards it will just be back to parliament trying to decide the details and what to do next.

There was one of the Brexit party candidates on the Jeremy Vine show the other day and he asked him "if we leave on no deal as you are proposing, what will you do about the Irish border problem". The answer was pretty much "Ah we will sort summat out down the line, Computers and stuff". Laughable.

And the veneer is not only wafer thin but averse to any challenging questions.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-05-21 5:41 PM

How do you figure that out? If Pro Brexit parties get say 45% of the votes your saying that outnumbers those voting for pro EU parties. Brexiteer logic I guess is alive and well. *-)

The lemmings are irrelevant because no one knows whether they're Remoaners or Brexiteers ;-) ........

They prolly don't even know themselves :D ........

Lets face it if you lack the imagination to see that the EU elections is really a proxy referendum then perhaps you shouldn't be put in charge of a "X" 8-) ...........

Guest pelmetman

The "Plan" is to save millions every week ;-) .......

The "Destination" is FREEDOM B-) .......

The "Motive" was just to take back control......but now it includes annoying the hell out of you anti democratic Remoaners >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-05-22 7:38 AM

The lemmings are irrelevant because no one knows whether they're Remoaners or Brexiteers ;-) ........

Lets face it if you lack the imagination to see that the EU elections is really a proxy referendum then perhaps you shouldn't be put in charge of a "X" 8-) ...........

Who are the Lemmings? I read something the other day that said most people who vote Tory in this election are remainers! The Brexit party has declared Labour as a remain party and pretty much anyone who votes for them are going to be remainers now so by my reckoning for your win. BP and UKIP need to get over 50%. Ill discount the Tory votes as being remain if you like if we count Labour as being remain.

See my point from earlier though, not as straight forward as you think is it?

your only way of having a referendum is to actually have a proper referendum. At best the results will give us an indication that the country is still divided if the current polls are anywhere near accurate.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-05-22 8:37 AM

pelmetman - 2019-05-22 7:38 AM

Who are the Lemmings? I read something the other day that said most people who vote Tory in this election are remainers! The Brexit party has declared Labour as a remain party and pretty much anyone who votes for them are going to be remainers now so by my reckoning for your win. BP and UKIP need to get over 50%. Ill discount the Tory votes as being remain if you like if we count Labour as being remain.

See my point from earlier though, not as straight forward as you think is it?

your only way of having a referendum is to actually have a proper referendum. At best the results will give us an indication that the country is still divided if the current polls are anywhere near accurate.

It IS perfectly straight forward *-) ........

If you are a Remoaner then you vote for Vince the Mince........If you are a Brexiteer then you vote for The Brexit Party ;-) .......

All you are doing is making excuses for being D*cked again :D ........

After all IF as you have been spouting on about for months "that folk have changed their minds" you Remoaners will win wont you? >:-) ...........

Why would the UK majority want to populate the EU parliament with anti EU MEP's if we've changed our minds? 8-) .........

So you see Barry your flimflam doesn't add up.......back to the Diane Abbotcus methinks (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

Archived