First impressions of the EU gravy train............

Guest pelmetman

Bulletguy - 2019-06-27 12:38 PM

pelmetman - 2019-06-27 9:03 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-06-26 9:54 PM

pelmetman - 2019-06-26 9:15 PM

Blimey 8-) ...........Have you just realized I don't like the EU? (lol) ..........

No......but is "not liking" reason enough to support your point over 28 Commissioners representing 28 countries against the 800 unelected peers in the HoL to one country? After all, not being able to elect one Commissioner was your original whine yet you cannot elect any of 800 peers, the costs of which to the UK tax payer are off the scale.

Your complaint was entirely unjustified, unreasonable and not even remotely comparable......just based on your dislike of everything EU which is all the more reason you are being blatantly hypocritical when you scarper off from this country half the year to enjoy the benefits provided by an EU country.

Once we have kicked the EU in to touch, we can do something about the House of Lords which I agree is ripe for revision ;-) ........

Oh dear. *-)

Listen up. The House of Lords was first formed back in the 11th century when Anglo-Saxon kings consulted witans (councils) composed of religious leaders and the monarch’s ministers.

It never had anything to do with the EU fgs!! *-)

But it was you that introduced the house of lords into the discussion.

So what makes you think you can or even will "do something" about a British political system, the House of Lords, which has been in existence for 1000 years, that you couldn't have done long before...but never did? *-)

*-)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teflon2 - 2019-06-27 6:08 PM

But it was you that introduced the house of lords into the discussion.

If you'd gone back upthread first you'd see why....because Pelmets 'beef' was moaning about not being able to elect any of the EU Commissioners. Of course, that's true but each country only has one. Yes they are well paid, approx 240k euro pa and yes they are not elected....in precisely the same manner as none of the 800 peers in our own HoL are not elected.

That costs the UK tax payer £21 million a year to maintain with some peers paid £300 to walk just 200 yards. UK's EU Commissioner costs us just 240k euro pa.

For some strange reason Pelmet thinks "we can do something about the House of Lords when we have kicked the EU in to touch", not realising or understanding you don't need to leave the EU to do that, but he seems to think we do. Perhaps you can tell me what makes you think you can or even will "do something" about a British political system, the House of Lords, which has been in existence for 1000 years, that you couldn't have done long ago.....but never did?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-27 9:19 PM

That costs the UK tax payer £21 million a year to maintain with some peers paid £300 to walk just 200 yards. UK's EU Commissioner costs us just 240k euro pa.

21 million is small change compared to the 9 billion the EU cost us last year *-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-06-27 9:39 PM

21 million is small change compared to the 9 billion the EU cost us last year *-) .........

Quit moving the goalposts around because it won't work. Concentrate on sorting out your original point. Your complaint was about not being able to elect any EU Commissioners, not realising at the time we only have one anyway.

You also said "we can do something about the House of Lords when we have kicked the EU in to touch"....but as also pointed out to you, we never had to leave the EU to do that and still don't so that was quite a silly excuse to make wasn't it? You've made the mistake of allowing your hatred of the EU cloud rational thinking and backed yourself up into a corner.

Finally, can you tell me what makes you think you can or even will "do something" about a British political system, the House of Lords, which has been in existence for 1000 years, that you couldn't have done long ago.....but never did?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-27 9:51 PM

pelmetman - 2019-06-27 9:39 PM

Quit moving the goalposts around because it won't work. Concentrate on sorting out your original point. Your complaint was about not being able to elect any EU Commissioners, not realising at the time we only have one anyway.

You also said "we can do something about the House of Lords when we have kicked the EU in to touch"....but as also pointed out to you, we never had to leave the EU to do that and still don't so that was quite a silly excuse to make wasn't it? You've made the mistake of allowing your hatred of the EU cloud rational thinking and backed yourself up into a corner.

Finally, can you tell me what makes you think you can or even will "do something" about a British political system, the House of Lords, which has been in existence for 1000 years, that you couldn't have done long ago.....but never did?

Unlike you ;-) ..........I'm not a thousand years old :D ........

pelmetman - 2019-06-26 7:16 AM.....................then folk like Farage could get to run the EU instead of Germany B-) ............

Then I'd be happy to stay in the EU >:-) ............

So now you want to stay in the EU? You seem to have obtained highly classified information that no-one else has. Does Farage really now run Germany, as you say above? When did this happen? Has anyone told Merkel? Is that why she's been trembling? :-D

pelmetman - 2019-06-25 9:49 PM...…………….I didn't get to elect any of the Commissioners/Minsters.......Nor can I sack them as I can with my ELECTED MP Minister or MEP at the next election ;-) ..........

Are you now claiming that Commissioners are Ministers, or what? Do you know how Commissioners come to hold their posts? Do tell.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-06-28 5:56 PM

pelmetman - 2019-06-25 9:49 PM...…………….I didn't get to elect any of the Commissioners/Minsters.......Nor can I sack them as I can with my ELECTED MP Minister or MEP at the next election ;-) ..........

Are you now claiming that Commissioners are Ministers, or what? Do you know how Commissioners come to hold their posts? Do tell.

Actually they're much worse :-| ........

They're accountable to no one accept those who curry their favour in the European Parliament *-) ........

Cant say I'd describe a a daisy chain of bum licker's very democratic ? :-| .........

pelmetman - 2019-06-28 6:04 PM

They're accountable to no one accept those who curry their favour in the European Parliament *-) ........

Cant say I'd describe a a daisy chain of bum licker's very democratic ? :-| .........

UK has one Commissioner, that's all you didn't get to vote for just as you didn't get to vote for any of the 800 unelected UK peers.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-28 9:21 PM

UK has one Commissioner, that's all you didn't get to vote for just as you didn't get to vote for any of the 800 unelected UK peers.

Well whoopy do....... for 9 billion pounds a year we get to send a EU sycophant to Brussels........what a bargain *-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-06-28 9:54 PM

Well whoopy do....... for 9 billion pounds a year we get to send a EU sycophant to Brussels........what a bargain *-) .........

No it's not, i told you yesterday his salary is 240k euro pa. You're being silly again.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-28 10:11 PM

No it's not, i told you yesterday his salary is 240k euro pa. You're being silly again.

What's silly about 9 billion of taxpayers money a year? 8-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-06-28 10:13 PM

You aren't a taxpayer.

pelmetman - 2019-03-02 8:34 AM

I dont pay income tax B-) ...........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-06-29 5:03 PM

pelmetman - 2019-06-28 10:13 PM

You aren't a taxpayer.

pelmetman - 2019-03-02 8:34 AM

I dont pay income tax B-) ...........

I'm a UK stealth tax payer ;-) ........and will more than likely have to start paying income tax again through no fault of my own 8-) ..........

That's your opinion. The question was "do you know how they are appointed? So, do you?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-06-30 12:38 PM

That's your opinion. The question was "do you know how they are appointed? So, do you?

Yes......Julian King was appointed by Cameron who wanted him to have the environment brief ;-) ........

Instead Junker made him milk monitor (lol) .........

https://www.politico.eu/article/julian-king-brexit-eu-commissioner-uk-terrorism/

It's pretty obvious our dear EU neighbours have little love for us Brits........best we get out of their club ASAP methinks >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2019-06-30 1:23 PM

Yes......Julian King was appointed by Cameron who wanted him to have the environment brief ;-) ........

https://www.politico.eu/article/julian-king-brexit-eu-commissioner-uk-terrorism/

It's pretty obvious our dear EU neighbours have little love for us Brits........best we get out of their club ASAP methinks >:-) ...........

That's not correct. King was nominated by Cameron as all Commisoners for each country are and the EU then select.

New legislation proposed by the Commission still has to be agreed by the member states and passed by the European Parliament, which is directly elected by EU voters. So it's misleading to say unelected bureaucrats make decisions in the EU. The 28 European commissioners are meant to carry out their responsibilities independently of their national governments. In that sense, they are similar to British civil servants - politically impartial and independent of the government.

The statement of unelected bureaucrats making decisions in the EU is therefore somewhat misleading.

And here is another little nugget of info you should bear in mind;

As an institution, the European Commission relies on the work of about 33,000 officials, staff, and special advisers. The UK, by contrast, has more than 400,000 civil servants, according to 2015 figures from the Office for National Statistics.

Bulletguy - 2019-06-30 2:49 PM

That's not correct. King was nominated by Cameron as all Commisoners for each country are and the EU then select.

New legislation proposed by the Commission still has to be agreed by the member states and passed by the European Parliament, which is directly elected by EU voters. So it's misleading to say unelected bureaucrats make decisions in the EU. The 28 European commissioners are meant to carry out their responsibilities independently of their national governments. In that sense, they are similar to British civil servants - politically impartial and independent of the government.

The statement of unelected bureaucrats making decisions in the EU is therefore somewhat misleading.

As an institution, the European Commission relies on the work of about 33,000 officials, staff, and special advisers. The UK, by contrast, has more than 400,000 civil servants, according to 2015 figures from the Office for National Statistics.

Quite! Myth versus fact, eh? Who to believe? Now let me see.........….tough innit? :-D

Brian Kirby - 2019-07-03 1:20 PM

Quite! Myth versus fact, eh? Who to believe? Now let me see.........….tough innit? :-D

It seems some still prefer to believe in unicorns! (lol)

Guest pelmetman

So it's time to get out before we end up financing 400,000 EU bottom feeders ;-) .........

We have enough of our own to support *-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-07-03 7:00 PM

So it's time to get out before we end up financing 400,000 EU bottom feeders ;-) .........

How are those 400,000 "EU bottom feeders"? They are employed by UK gov in UK.....nothing to do with EU.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-07-03 7:29 PM

How are those 400,000 "EU bottom feeders"? They are employed by UK gov in UK.....nothing to do with EU.

Get your nurse to up your dose *-) ........

Or try reading what I typed again ;-) .........

Or try googling the meaning of "Before" :D .........

pelmetman - 2019-07-03 7:37 PM

So now you believe if UK leaves the EU.....those 400,000 "bottom feeders" (they're civil servants btw) employed by UK in UK for UK, will see job cuts? Where have you drawn that conclusion from when they are nothing to do with EU? You're being somewhat evasive with your obfuscation.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-07-03 8:42 PM

pelmetman - 2019-07-03 7:37 PM

So now you believe if UK leaves the EU.....those 400,000 "bottom feeders" (they're civil servants btw) employed by UK in UK for UK, will see job cuts? Where have you drawn that conclusion from when they are nothing to do with EU? You're being somewhat evasive with your obfuscation.

.......and you're talking out of your bottom feeder ar*e as per usual *-) ...........

BTW .....How many years did you spend as a "Victim?" ;-) ........

Ooop's I mean't to say employed by the taxpayer :D ........

Your not very grateful are you? :-| .........

Just sayin >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-07-03 8:53 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-07-03 8:42 PM

.......and you're talking out of your bottom feeder ar*e as per usual *-) ...........

BTW .....How many years did you spend as a "Victim?" ;-) ........

Ooop's I mean't to say employed by the taxpayer :D ........

Your not very grateful are you? :-| .........

Just sayin >:-) ........

You're still being evasive prattling away with your usual tweet like silliness to avoid giving a logical answer.

You stated earlier; "So it's time to get out before we end up financing 400,000 EU bottom feeders."

I've repeatedly asked you to clarify precisely how you have drawn the conclusion that 400,000 has anything to do with the EU when they are employed here in UK for UK...not EU.....but you're persistently avoiding answering that very simple question. So i'd like a sensible answer to that question first please.

Secondly, if UK leaves EU, what makes you believe UK will no longer need to "finance 400,000 EU 'bottom feeders' " bearing in mind they are not as you imply, in the employ of EU.....but UK.

So i'd also appreciate a sensible answer to that question also please.

Archived