Awnings

richardmeehan

Hi all

I'm new to to camper vanning.

I've got a 2006 ducato van conversion,

It's got a fiamma F65 conopy on, my question is can I buy a kit to convert the canopy into an awning or is a stand alone/driveway awning the way to go?.

While I'm on here can I ask if I can run the fridge on the move?

And beside the TV connection there is a pull type switch.....what's it for?

Thanks in advance

Rich

It will help if you say what van you have, especially with regard to the questions on running the fridge and the TV connection.

In the meantime, it seems there is a "privacy room" for the F65 awning, but it would be wise to check compatibility of which with what with Fiamma, here: https://tinyurl.com/y3qwoaus.

Stand alone or privacy room (aka safari room) is really a personal choice. The stand alone does what its name suggests, but you have to position the van carefully on return if you drive off leaving it erect. The privacy room nails the van to the ground, so might annoy if you would move frequently.

It is normal (desirable, even) to run the fridge while on the move, or it will warm up with consequences for the contents and those who consume them. As above, without knowing what van, and fridge, you have, the question is a little difficult to understand. The user manuals for the van and the fridge usually make clear what can be used under which conditions. Do you have the user manuals? If not, many can be downloaded. Where from depends, on what make of each you have.

TV connection: as above, make/model information required.

Archived