Spain over the Winter

Jack9900

Bulletguy - 2019-09-02 6:22 PM

TriciaA - 2019-09-02 5:43 PM

Thanks for your post Fifo it was a pleasure to read.

I've just joined this forum btw.

As it's my intention, at a later date, to spend most of my time in Europe (Solo traveller)

My thoughts were to purchase a caravan but more recently, perhaps a motorhome, with a small car on tow.

Early days yet. I'm looking forward to browsing through the posts and hopefully pick up some tips etc.

"Most of your time in Europe"? Wiser to move and become become resident in the EU country of your choice though you will have to be quick. UK is set to become third country status and Brexit Brits voted to end freedom of movement....and that applies to them even though some believed it wouldn't and still think they have 'specialty'.

and if you do that contemplate buying a vehicle in your country of choice or import one and dont forget to change your driving license 8-) *-) they wanted the island back with their little castles, it comes with a moat as well. Might stop people going in but they wont be able to get out either (lol) (lol) (lol)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
747 - 2019-09-02 7:19 PM

If pootling around Europe is the height of ones ambitions then you are wasting your twilight years. The World is your Oyster ... but you presumably prefer French Fries. :-)

I'm fortunate enough to be able to do this now I'm in my later years ?

In my late teens, my world was also my oyster, and I achieved my goal.

If you believe, you can achieve.

Guest pelmetman
Billggski - 2019-09-02 8:19 PM

Careful about becoming a resident, could be a bad move.

https://www.ft.com/content/63345628-ccb4-11e9-99a4-b5ded7a7fe3f

Apparently they'll still get their increases until 2023 ;-) .........

I have to wait until 2024 until I become a fully government financed member of the idle classes *-) ......

Unless they move the goal posts again :-S .......

Guest pelmetman
Barcobird - 2019-09-02 10:31 PM

The only thing worse than a no deal Brexit is Corbyn winning what is now going to be a general election :-( 8o|

So Remoaners 3 years of bitching has won yourselves the choice of No deal or Corbyn (lol) .........

Damn.... that's gonna be a conundrum for you :D .........

So....if we had voted for things to remain as they were, none of this would have happened.

David Cameron would still be pm, businesses would not have lost 75 billion, the pound would still be €1.40, we could plan the future with some certainty.

How come brexiteers are blaming remainers for the mess they got us into?

(Polls today point to a hung parliament, with Boris losing 6 seats. No overall majority so the chaos continues)

Guest pelmetman
Billggski - 2019-09-03 7:52 AM

So....if we had voted for things to remain as they were, none of this would have happened.

David Cameron would still be pm, businesses would not have lost 75 billion, the pound would still be €1.40, we could plan the future with some certainty.

(Polls today point to a hung parliament, with Boris losing 6 seats. No overall majority so the chaos continues)

If Remoaners had accepted the result of a democratically held referendum we'd have left months ago *-) .......

It's the Loser brigade who are dragging it out :-| ............

The chaos will only end when Remoaners accept the result of the referendum......Brexiteers haven't changed their minds ;-) ...........

pelmetman - 2019-09-03 8:46 AM

If Remoaners had accepted the result of a democratically held referendum we'd have left months ago *-) .......

The chaos will only end when Remoaners accept the result of the referendum......Brexiteers haven't changed their minds ;-) ...........

Not leaving the EU is the fault of the government NOT the sensible people who wished to remain. The government is acting on behalf of you lot trying to get the best deal but it appears that the selfish amongst you want to leave whatever and don't give a damn about the implications or costs involves ! *-)

Because Brexiters have never taken responsibility for their actions from day one.. Anything which goes wrong, it's always someone elses fault, never theirs.

Guest pelmetman
Barcobird - 2019-09-03 9:35 AM

Not leaving the EU is the fault of the government NOT the sensible people who wished to remain. The government is acting on behalf of you lot trying to get the best deal but it appears that the selfish amongst you want to leave whatever and don't give a damn about the implications or costs involves ! *-)

So its not the Remoaner MP's who have prevented the us from leaving the EU twice already, and are now trying to prevent us from leaving a third time? *-) ...........

So who has prevented us from leaving???????? :-S ...........

If you succeed then the chaos will continue because us Brexiteers have not changed our minds >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-09-03 11:28 AM

So its not the Remoaner MP's who have prevented the us from leaving the EU twice already, and are now trying to prevent us from leaving a third time? *-) ...........

If you succeed then the chaos will continue because us Brexiteers have not changed our minds >:-) ........

No its the fault of Johnson and his chums in the ERG group who voted against May's deal, if they had voted for it we would have left by now. The problem is that they promised "the easiest deal ever" and when presented with reality still thought they could / can get unicorns.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-09-03 11:46 AM

No its the fault of Johnson and his chums in the ERG group who voted against May's deal, if they had voted for it we would have left by now. The problem is that they promised "the easiest deal ever" and when presented with reality still thought they could / can get unicorns.

So did Labour vote for it? ;-) ...........No (lol) ..........

Now the Remoaners have a choice of No Deal or a Corbyn government :D .........

Well done >:-) ........

Guest pelmetman
Barcobird - 2019-09-03 1:01 PM

pelmetman

Now the Remoaners have a choice of No Deal or a Corbyn government :D .........

Well done >:-) ........

Or we have another referendum and vote not to leave (lol) (lol) (lol)

Then we'll spend the next 3 years demanding another referendum >:-) ..........and the chaos will continue :D ..........

Barcobird - 2019-09-03 9:35 AM

You keep saying that but every poll over the last couple of years has shown otherwise. Not by much but a definite swing and you know that from the many debates in Chatterbollox. here is a recent one. http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/998946220?-34216:30767:most_read_top

Now of course if the options are No deal vs remain how do you fancy that? Lets face it thats whats left. Had the Brexiteers told the truth and not sold a web of lies about the easiest deal in history we would not be in this mess as the country would have voted to remain. Just the other day you were shown figures from 2016 where the majority of Brexit voters thought we would retain stuff like the single market and where 63% wanted to leave with a deal. Only 17% of Brexit voters in 2016 thought like you did and wanted a clean break.

Archived