Electric Bed Issues Again!

andy mccord

Hi All

I’m having issues with my electric drop down bed, basically it won’t go up, it’s the newer style bed as opposed to the older version which was fitted to my benimar ( the one with the secret reset button) my question is, is there a reset button for this style of bed? They are a great idea but not when they won’t work, luckily I bought a 105deg socket which allows me to attach it to my dewalt electric drill which still takes a good minute to wind it up!!

Tia

Andy

As your Chausson is only a few months old, shouldn’t you be interrogating the dealership who sold you the motorhome about this issue?

(You’ve said that you can raise the bed ‘mechanically’ with an electric drill - does that imply that the bed can be lowered electrically, or do you have to lower it with the drill too?)

I have on going similar issues with my Eldiss and since my dealer is a three and a half hour trip, he's given me some useful info. On my m/h there's a small cupboard, more a hole with a blanking plate over it situated on the drivers side up high by the shelf. The plate is retained by two small phillips screws. Behind that is a mess of wires with a resettable fuse. Never seen one of those before and that fuse just needs pushing in.

Mine regularly needs resetting, done it probably twice last year and three times this. Guess I should get them to come up with a permanent fix but you know how things are. Do I really want to waste a day driving from Cambridge to Gloucester?

Hi Derek

yes its booked in at Preston caravans & Mhomes, but they can only look at it monday the 2nd, & i go away sat the 7th for 2 weeks so im trying all avenues to avoid them having to look at it, as you are prob well aware how slow the industry can be at rectifying faults. The bed indeed does lower no problem, but will not lift, I have had an issue with it once before were it works then doesnt, I usually leave it about an hour and then it works, On the day I went to pick it up they had the same issue were the bed wouldnt go up, apparantly they resolved it by fitting a new electricla part ;o) I dont think it does have a reset as it appears that this bed does not need to know were abouts it is on the rails as it has a contact point on the top and below.

Cheers

Andy

OK Back to genuine troubleshooting, if it goes down but not up then in my view it could be possibly one of two things:

First - Over current trip. Does it move upwards at all or not make any effort? Try assisting its upwards movement with gentle hand pressure before pressing the control.

Second - Low voltage. Does the voltage of the battery fall as you press the control. Try either plugging in to EHU and 'boosting' the battery voltage or starting the engine before pressing the control.

Keith.

Keithl - 2019-08-23 11:38 AM

OK Back to genuine troubleshooting, if it goes down but not up then in my view it could be possibly one of two things:

First - Over current trip. Does it move upwards at all or not make any effort? Try assisting its upwards movement with gentle hand pressure before pressing the control.

Second - Low voltage. Does the voltage of the battery fall as you press the control. Try either plugging in to EHU and 'boosting' the battery voltage or starting the engine before pressing the control.

Keith.

Hi Keith

Yesterday is started going in in little judder movements then went up smoothly, I have it on hook up at the moment, the battery indicator show all the greens are lit up but the very last one isnt, I will try your idea of giving it a nudge this afternoon.

When I tried it last night, it made no effort to move what so ever upwards

I would try turning up but they have explained that there 1 and only Mhome expert is on holiday at the moment

Andy

andy mccord - 2019-08-23 11:44 AM

I would try turning up but they have explained that there 1 and only Mhome expert is on holiday at the moment

Andy

Andy,

Under those circumstances ask if you can go elsewhere and if so will they reimburse the cost?

Then ask here for recommendations, Dave Newell in Telford always used to come highly recommended.

Keith

Have you a cut out sensor which exists to ensure you don't trap children in the drop down bed? My drop down bed has and it sometimes will stop the motor when I load two pillows, the duvet, and ladder in addition to the mattress and safety guard.

I would have thought any Chausson dealer would help you if only over the telephone.

Archived