External screen cover

Conrad

I'm looking for recommendations for an external thermal screen cover for our Ford Transit based motor caravan. We had a good one on its predecessor, a VW T5, but I can't recall the make and internet search is letting me down. Any suggestions anyone? Yes, I know I'll get wet putting it away in the morning when it's rained, but rather that than condensation inside. We have internal curtains we can use in Summer, or if parked up anywhere a bit dodgy and may need a quick getaway, but they do get in the way of Molly the spaniel who sleeps on the drivers seat!

Conrad - 2019-09-11 7:23 PM

Thanks both, been looking at Tailor-made and they seem to fit the bill but nothing like an independent recommendation. Also looked at Silverscreens website, which lists about 6 reasons against internal blinds including cracked windscreen!

All I can reply to that after eleven years of only using internal screens is utter BS!!!

My opinion for what its worth!

Keith.

PS And I would not want to store dripping wet external screens inside my MH so for me it is decision made.

Taylormade stand the test of time.

Our original purchase , now ten years old, is in daily use whilst the home is not used.

It was politely suggested a year ago that a new set should be purchased to keep up appearance s on site!

By SHMBO . Probably get twenty years use out of the new set ;-)

Rgds

Can recommend Taylormade. One set we bought really were tailor made, for an A class. Quick visit to them, out came a sheet of brown paper and marker pen, pattern drawn, price and delivery quoted. Delivered to us on date agreed (to the rally we were) marshalling), COD. Perfect fit and lower price than quoted!

Archived