Brexit

Hans

And for a night Cap. My former company moved to Thailand. Closed. General motors killed Saab cars in Sweden. They produce now in mexico. Make now huge profits at last. But in Usa dead salary for six years. On strike Now. Who cares?

Our company moved to Poland 6 years ago as it would make a bigger profit margin then in the UK.

motorhomes from the EU may be more expensive but the UK has another supplier in the pipeline and they are already one of the leaders in the car industry.

Guest pelmetman
Hans - 2019-10-24 7:31 PM

And for a night Cap. My former company moved to Thailand. Closed. General motors killed Saab cars in Sweden. They produce now in mexico. Make now huge profits at last. But in Usa dead salary for six years. On strike Now. Who cares?

Did they blame Brexit? :D ...........

Birdbrain - 2019-10-23 8:25 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-10-23 8:23 PM

Hans - 2019-10-23 6:40 PM

Barry, The country is 50/50. A new referendum ? Out of the Eu is also possible by others in the Eu.

I think we have lost the chance of a new referendum Hans but who knows? I doubt any other countries would leave especially once the true cost of the UK leaving is known. My experience talking to Europeans from many countries is they are not always happy with the EU but nobody I speak to would consider leaving.

When do you get the opportunity to speak to anyone ??? ... The Polish woman at Tescos booze counter is about your only other human contact

You forget. In 2017 I spent five months in lovely Europe as the official remainer ambassador in the EU where I talked Brexit with our smashing Euro friends from many different countries. Nobody I spoke to wanted to leave. Some complained about some of the EU stuff but what I got was an overwhelming sense of confusion and sadness that we wanted to leave. I made sure though that they knew that probably at least half of the population were not in favour of leaving.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-10-25 12:38 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-10-23 8:25 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-10-23 8:23 PM

Hans - 2019-10-23 6:40 PM

Barry, The country is 50/50. A new referendum ? Out of the Eu is also possible by others in the Eu.

I think we have lost the chance of a new referendum Hans but who knows? I doubt any other countries would leave especially once the true cost of the UK leaving is known. My experience talking to Europeans from many countries is they are not always happy with the EU but nobody I speak to would consider leaving.

When do you get the opportunity to speak to anyone ??? ... The Polish woman at Tescos booze counter is about your only other human contact

You forget. In 2017 I spent five months in lovely Europe as the official remainer ambassador in the EU where I talked Brexit with our smashing Euro friends from many different countries. Nobody I spoke to wanted to leave. Some complained about some of the EU stuff but what I got was an overwhelming sense of confusion and sadness that we wanted to leave. I made sure though that they knew that probably less than half of the population were not in favour of leaving.

Corrected for accuracy :D ............

Archived