Lorry Load

Birdbrain

malc d - 2019-10-26 3:08 PM

Violet1956 - 2019-10-26 2:53 PM

Underinvestment in police and border security will be exploited and the outcome is not merely financial; it results in this kind of tragedy. Although it pains me to say this, the result for the families of these poor souls should cause other families to wise up and treat the promises of the vile people traffickers who care nothing for their "clients" with the requisite incredulity.

I saw an interview the other night, on TV, with a man in Vietnam who is some sort of authourity on trafficking from that country. He says it's been going on for years ( and not just into the UK ). Sounds to me as if it's on an industrial scale.

Apparently people who head for the UK are often told there will be an amnesty whenever a royal occasion occurs, ( Births / weddings etc)

It seems the government out there are not too concerned as the amounts of money sent home contribute significantly to the countrys GDP.

:-|

This lady?

Or was it this chap?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2019-10-26 3:22 PM

Underinvestment in police and border security will be exploited and the outcome is not merely financial; it results in this kind of tragedy. Although it pains me to say this, the result for the families of these poor souls should cause other families to wise up and treat the promises of the vile people traffickers who care nothing for their "clients" with the requisite incredulity.

Finance was and is the prime motivator for cutbacks though....what other reason? Pay scales here; https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/police-officer Multiply that by 20,000 over an eight year period of cuts.

We all have to live within our means,Governments as well. Increase in taxes would be usefull.

From a BBC reporter: An hours drive fron Calais a dozen Vietnamese sit drinking tea awaiting being loaded in a container. Another said he paid £25000 to be driven through Russia,Poland,Germany, to get to a port.

I don’t think particularly the French police are that bothered.

jumpstart - 2019-10-26 3:30 PM

Finance was and is the prime motivator for cutbacks though....what other reason? Pay scales here; https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/police-officer Multiply that by 20,000 over an eight year period of cuts.

We all have to live within our means,Governments as well. Increase in taxes would be usefull.

Yet we can spend billions on a train to save 20 mins going to Birmingham and just chuck £100m away on vague adverts saying "get ready for Brexit". WTF?

How many Rozzers would the costs of HS2 pay for? A lot I bet looking at the crummy wages in Bullets link.

Bulletguy - 2019-10-26 3:30 PM

malc d - 2019-10-26 3:08 PM

I saw an interview the other night, on TV, with a man in Vietnam who is some sort of authourity on trafficking from that country. He says it's been going on for years ( and not just into the UK ). Sounds to me as if it's on an industrial scale.

Apparently people who head for the UK are often told there will be an amnesty whenever a royal occasion occurs, ( Births / weddings etc)

It seems the government out there are not too concerned as the amounts of money sent home contribute significantly to the countrys GDP.

This lady?

Or was it this chap?

Neither.

It was an elderly Vietnamese man - apparently speaking from Vietnam.

p.s. It seems that Vietnam could be another country where the government sees GDP as a measure of its populations well being.

:-(

Barryd999 - 2019-10-26 3:57 PM

Yet we can spend billions on a train to save 20 mins going to Birmingham and just chuck £100m away on vague adverts saying "get ready for Brexit". WTF?

How many Rozzers would the costs of HS2 pay for? A lot I bet looking at the crummy wages in Bullets link.

That’s called development,which is what I thought you wanted in the Eu. However not heard the term Rozzer,assume it’s a plod on the beat?? They actually get a good wage.

Increase in taxes would be usefull.

Thats the idea of the EU wide tax treaty - so £billionaires like the Daily Mail & Telegraph owners domiciled in Her Majesty's tax havens pay tax 8-)

Why do you think they are so keen on Brexit before that happens *-)

jumpstart - 2019-10-26 2:10 PM

It’s not a stick,it’s a point. Eu immigration is a mess,legal and illegal. It’s not prejudice,it’s a point of view.

So what are you arguing? That because it is a point of view, it can't be prejudiced? I think history suggests otherwise.

Besides, no-one was the slightest interested in these people until they fetched up on British soil dead. To b in that most unfortunate position they first to have entered Britain. That means, does it not, that it was British immigration/customs controls that failed, not those of the EU. Why not wait until the full facts are established before rushing to judgement? Where do those people in Northern Ireland fit in? NI is still in non-Schengen Britain, isn't it, not in the great open borders EU Satan?

jumpstart - 2019-10-26 4:33 PM

That’s called development,which is what I thought you wanted in the Eu.

New railways in the west of England would be development.

New railways in the north of England would be development.

Even more new railways for Londoners is an indulgence -

:-(

Brian Kirby - 2019-10-26 6:48 PM

jumpstart - 2019-10-26 3:04 PM...……………...I too wondered why pay 30,000 to get smuggled in a container.

Then listen to, or watch, the news, or read a newspaper, and you'll find out.

Or maybe live in an area that has already an abundance of Chinese/Vietnamese working under the radar with the riches of money they are prolly earning compared to back home ... Not in leafy East Sussex though

Brian Kirby - 2019-10-26 6:46 PM

jumpstart - 2019-10-26 2:10 PM

It’s not a stick,it’s a point. Eu immigration is a mess,legal and illegal. It’s not prejudice,it’s a point of view.

So what are you arguing? That because it is a point of view, it can't be prejudiced? I think history suggests otherwise.

Besides, no-one was the slightest interested in these people until they fetched up on British soil dead. To b in that most unfortunate position they first to have entered Britain. That means, does it not, that it was British immigration/customs controls that failed, not those of the EU. Why not wait until the full facts are established before rushing to judgement? Where do those people in Northern Ireland fit in? NI is still in non-Schengen Britain, isn't it, not in the great open borders EU Satan?

Certainly no more prejudiced than yous. They drove a coach and horses through the Eu boarders .So your right they couldn’t give a monkeys.

jumpstart - 2019-10-26 3:04 PM...……………...I too wondered why pay 30,000 to get smuggled in a container.

Really, there are many ways to spend 30,000 to get in rather than a container. Show me where the press has come up with an answer.

jumpstart - 2019-10-26 7:26 PM

Really, there are many ways to spend 30,000 to get in rather than a container. Show me where the press has come up with an answer.

Haven't you got a telly ?

Again tonight there were people explaining on TV news that the people who pay 30 or 40 thousand arrive in Europe from the other side of the world in airliners. Sometimes by way of South America.

The containers are only for the last 100 miles or so.

malc d - 2019-10-26 9:28 PM

Again tonight there were people explaining on TV news that the people who pay 30 or 40 thousand arrive in Europe from the other side of the world in airliners. Sometimes by way of South America.

All that explains is that they spend the money,we know that,we don’t know why a container rather than the dozens of other way to pay to get in.Clear now?

jumpstart - 2019-10-26 9:41 PM

All that explains is that they spend the money,we know that,we don’t know why a container rather than the dozens of other way to pay to get in.Clear now?

As they are brought in by traffickers I doubt if they have any choice. They just do as they are told.

Maybe the traffickers don't know there are " dozens of other ways to get in " - anyone who does know should advise the autourities.

That’s called development,which is what I thought you wanted in the Eu. However not heard the term Rozzer,assume it’s a plod on the beat?? They actually get a good wage.

For the cost of HS2 you could make massive improvements across the network where its needed. What a waste of money. Rozzers are indeed coppers. they get a good wage? £20k rising to £38k when you make sergeant after a decade if your lucky? How is that a good wage for one of the most important, stressful and in some cases dangerous jobs there is?

Let’s not forget the trafficked are unlikely to have spent any money. They and their families are usually in hock to the traffickers for the huge amounts payable for their journey. It is about time that the people of the UK stopped giving their custom to businesses so obviously run by slave masters. Clean your own car, paint your own nails and don’t buy skunk.

malc d - 2019-10-26 9:57 PM

jumpstart - 2019-10-26 9:41 PM

As they are brought in by traffickers I doubt if they have any choice. They just do as they are told.

Maybe the traffickers don't know there are " dozens of other ways to get in " - anyone who does know should advise the autourities.

You doubt...maybe....that’s my point we don’t know. I used to often sail on a 35 ft Nicholson between Hamble and Cherbourg,stay the night ,go for a meal and return. Absolutely no one asked what we were up to inFrance or uk. There are many other ports you can go to. It’s not difficult.

Barryd999 - 2019-10-26 10:33 PM

For the cost of HS2 you could make massive improvements across the network where its needed. What a waste of money. Rozzers are indeed coppers. they get a good wage? £20k rising to £38k when you make sergeant after a decade if your lucky? How is that a good wage for one of the most important, stressful and in some cases dangerous jobs there is?

Once again ... Know nothing ... Make Sergeant after a decade if your lucky , might wanna tell someone I now that little beauty ... Even a basic cop with the inevitable overtime gets more than 20k and remember as much as we all should salute cops and the work they do nobody forces them to be cops , they know the hours , know the work and most importantly know the wage

Violet1956 - 2019-10-26 11:42 PM

Clean your own car,

I do because I am lucky enough to have space to do it. Not so easy for city dwellers in flats with their car in a multi storey car park, congested street or whatever.

And how can they judge which businesses are legally run - thats the Government's job and if they did it the illegal migrants wouldn't be so keen to get here.

John52 - 2019-10-27 7:09 AM

Violet1956 - 2019-10-26 11:42 PM

Clean your own car,

I do because I am lucky enough to have space to do it. Not so easy for city dwellers in flats with their car in a multi storey car park, congested street or whatever.

And how can they judge which businesses are legally run - thats the Government's job and if they did it the illegal migrants wouldn't be so keen to get here.

Judging which businesses are legally run is the police forces job and then the courts isnt it ???

John52 - 2019-10-27 7:13 AM

Likke most things, Brexit can only make the problem worse when the UK is excluded from the EU policing unit: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/26/britain-faces-axe-europe-elite-policing-unit

Have you any idea or info into what exactly is in our PMs current deal regarding ongoing security with our European partners ... I haven't looked for the info but I presume you have so could you post some of the details up please

Archived