Lorry Load

Birdbrain

John52 - 2019-10-27 7:09 AM

Violet1956 - 2019-10-26 11:42 PM

Clean your own car,

I do because I am lucky enough to have space to do it. Not so easy for city dwellers in flats with their car in a multi storey car park, congested street or whatever.

And how can they judge which businesses are legally run - thats the Government's job and if they did it the illegal migrants wouldn't be so keen to get here.

There is a demand for cheap services and drugs that rely on forms of modern slavery was all I was trying to get across. If it costs just £6 for a swarm of young men to wash your car I’d smell a rat. We can all do our bit if we are suspicious by informing the Border Force or the modern slavery helpline.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/apr/07/app-sounds-alarm-for-slavery-at-uk-hand-carwash-sites

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Birdbrain - 2019-10-27 6:36 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-10-26 10:33 PM

jumpstart - 2019-10-26 4:33 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-10-26 3:57 PM

jumpstart - 2019-10-26 3:30 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-10-26 3:22 PM

Violet1956 - 2019-10-26 2:53 PM

Underinvestment in police and border security will be exploited and the outcome is not merely financial; it results in this kind of tragedy. Although it pains me to say this, the result for the families of these poor souls should cause other families to wise up and treat the promises of the vile people traffickers who care nothing for their "clients" with the requisite incredulity.

Finance was and is the prime motivator for cutbacks though....what other reason? Pay scales here; https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/police-officer Multiply that by 20,000 over an eight year period of cuts.

We all have to live within our means,Governments as well. Increase in taxes would be usefull.

Yet we can spend billions on a train to save 20 mins going to Birmingham and just chuck £100m away on vague adverts saying "get ready for Brexit". WTF?

How many Rozzers would the costs of HS2 pay for? A lot I bet looking at the crummy wages in Bullets link.

That’s called development,which is what I thought you wanted in the Eu. However not heard the term Rozzer,assume it’s a plod on the beat?? They actually get a good wage.

For the cost of HS2 you could make massive improvements across the network where its needed. What a waste of money. Rozzers are indeed coppers. they get a good wage? £20k rising to £38k when you make sergeant after a decade if your lucky? How is that a good wage for one of the most important, stressful and in some cases dangerous jobs there is?

Once again ... Know nothing ... Make Sergeant after a decade if your lucky , might wanna tell someone I now that little beauty ... Even a basic cop with the inevitable overtime gets more than 20k and remember as much as we all should salute cops and the work they do nobody forces them to be cops , they know the hours , know the work and most importantly know the wage

I was just going on what the official pay scales were in Bullets link. I just think police officers, Firefighters, Soldiers etc all deserve to be paid more for the excellent work they do. For once I thought you would agree with me.

Clean your own car,

I do because I am lucky enough to have space to do it. Not so easy for city dwellers in flats with their car in a multi storey car park, congested street or whatever.

And how can they judge which businesses are legally run - thats the Government's job and if they did it the illegal migrants wouldn't be so keen to get here.

What is wrong with going to a Garage and using their automated car wash? You must sit there for hours working out how to start an argument. 8-)

Violet1956 - 2019-10-27 7:54 AM

Clean your own car,

There is a demand for cheap services and drugs that rely on forms of modern slavery was all I was trying to get across. If it costs just £6 for a swarm of young men to wash your car I’d smell a rat. We can all do our bit if we are suspicious by informing the Border Force or the modern slavery helpline.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/apr/07/app-sounds-alarm-for-slavery-at-uk-hand-carwash-sites

If you paid more how would you know whether it was going to the workers?

Same with clothing - if comes out of the same sort of sweatshops whether you pay Primark or M&S prices.

Its a poor substitute for the Government doing its job and enforcing the minimum wage. And it shouldn't take too much detective work for them to find a car wash without me reporting it.

747 - 2019-10-27 8:29 AM

Clean your own car,

What is wrong with going to a Garage and using their automated car wash? You must sit there for hours working out how to start an argument. 8-)

It would be too big for the automated car wash if there was one nearby - which there probably isn't.

Barryd999 - 2019-10-27 8:22 AM

I just think police officers, Firefighters, Soldiers etc all deserve to be paid more for the excellent work they do.

Some people are grossly overpaid, some grossly underpaid. So I guess you could make anyone look overpaid or underpaid depending on who you compare them with?

The only sensible comparison I can see is with the average pay. How do they compare to that? And if they are above average who should be below average?

Underinvestment in police and border security will be exploited and the outcome is not merely financial; it results in this kind of tragedy. Although it pains me to say this, the result for the families of these poor souls should cause other families to wise up and treat the promises of the vile people traffickers who care nothing for their "clients" with the requisite incredulity.

Finance was and is the prime motivator for cutbacks though....what other reason? Pay scales here; https://www.prospects.ac.uk/job-profiles/police-officer Multiply that by 20,000 over an eight year period of cuts.

We all have to live within our means,Governments as well. Increase in taxes would be usefull.

Yet we can spend billions on a train to save 20 mins going to Birmingham and just chuck £100m away on vague adverts saying "get ready for Brexit". WTF?

How many Rozzers would the costs of HS2 pay for? A lot I bet looking at the crummy wages in Bullets link.

That’s called development,which is what I thought you wanted in the Eu. However not heard the term Rozzer,assume it’s a plod on the beat?? They actually get a good wage.

For the cost of HS2 you could make massive improvements across the network where its needed. What a waste of money. Rozzers are indeed coppers. they get a good wage? £20k rising to £38k when you make sergeant after a decade if your lucky? How is that a good wage for one of the most important, stressful and in some cases dangerous jobs there is?

Once again ... Know nothing ... Make Sergeant after a decade if your lucky , might wanna tell someone I now that little beauty ... Even a basic cop with the inevitable overtime gets more than 20k and remember as much as we all should salute cops and the work they do nobody forces them to be cops , they know the hours , know the work and most importantly know the wage

I was just going on what the official pay scales were in Bullets link. I just think police officers, Firefighters, Soldiers etc all deserve to be paid more for the excellent work they do. For once I thought you would agree with me.

The list could go on,nurses, what about plumbers ,everybody needs a plumber. On a more serious note they do get good pensions and I think can retire earlier.

John52 - 2019-10-27 10:21 AM

Some people are grossly overpaid, some grossly underpaid. So I guess you could make anyone look overpaid or underpaid depending on who you compare them with?

The only sensible comparison I can see is with the average pay. How do they compare to that?

And if they are above average who should be below average?

PR consultants.

:-|

jumpstart - 2019-10-27 10:23 AM

The list could go on,nurses, what about plumbers ,everybody needs a plumber. On a more serious note they do get good pensions and I think can retire earlier.

Firefighters can retire earlier but they pay a much bigger percentage of their earnings into their Pension Fund. Their Pension Scheme was changed a while back and it is no longer as good as it once was.

Here is a Home Office link quoting the same figures.

https://www.police.uk/news/home-office-announces-police-pay-award/

John52 - 2019-10-27 10:13 AM

Violet1956 - 2019-10-27 7:54 AM

Clean your own car,

If you paid more how would you know whether it was going to the workers?

Same with clothing - if comes out of the same sort of sweatshops whether you pay Primark or M&S prices.

Its a poor substitute for the Government doing its job and enforcing the minimum wage. And it shouldn't take too much detective work for them to find a car wash without me reporting it.

Very true and brand name labels have a notorious reputation for this and the sweatshops are not confined to countries we think of as 'third world' either.

https://qz.com/1397139/italian-workers-are-earning-near-sweatshop-wages-to-make-luxury-clothes-in-their-homes/

Child labour is also used in some countries and not just for fashion brand clothing. The problem in some of the countries where they work....there is no other work. Unless they move out, that's it, so it's easy to see how some migrants take desperate risks.

https://content.wisestep.com/companies-use-child-labor/

747 - 2019-10-27 11:40 AM

Their Pension Scheme was changed a while back and it is no longer as good as it once was.

How does it compare to private sector job security / pensions *-)

(Last time I looked you needed to save north of £1million to buy the equivalent of a public sector pension. )

John52 - 2019-10-27 3:13 PM

Their Pension Scheme was changed a while back and it is no longer as good as it once was.

(Last time I looked you needed to save north of £1million to buy the equivalent of a public sector pension. )

Well go and look again and come back when you have got it right.

Police now released three people on bail, the Warrington couple and man they had arrested at Stansted.

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/essex-lorry-deaths-police-release-17153932

Given the driver has now been charged, i was shocked to see last night numerous comments and sick memes being posted on social media including his FB page. I'm surprised that hasn't been taken down but he should not have been named prior to charging imo. Trial by media seems to have taken over due process.

Bulletguy - 2019-10-27 3:56 PM

Police now released three people on bail, the Warrington couple and man they had arrested at Stansted.

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/essex-lorry-deaths-police-release-17153932

Given the driver has now been charged, i was shocked to see last night numerous comments and sick memes being posted on social media including his FB page. I'm surprised that hasn't been taken down but he should not have been named prior to charging imo. Trial by media seems to have taken over due process.

From the fella who posted all over the internet wetting himself about a group of Israelis he found guilty for rape ??? Hypocrite doesnt do it justice and I can "safely say" that

Guest pelmetman

Did I? 8-) .........

However have I got by for the last 4 years? :-S .........

How am I going to get by for the next 4 years? ;-) ..........

Seeing as the government refuses to pay for me to be idle until then? :D ........

Perhaps I'll have to start selling my body for sex? B-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-10-27 4:38 PM

Did I? 8-) .........

However have I got by for the last 4 years? :-S .........

How am I going to get by for the next 4 years? ;-) ..........

Seeing as the government refuses to pay for me to be idle until then? :D ........

Perhaps I'll have to start selling my body for sex? B-) ..........

If I had known you were selling yaself I wouldn't have given that nice Romanian lady outside Boots selling The Big Issue my last £1 coin ... Damn

Birdbrain - 2019-10-27 4:38 PM

From the fella who posted all over the internet wetting himself about a group of Israelis he found guilty for rape ??? Hypocrite doesnt do it justice and I can "safely say" that

I don't recall finding a group of Israeli's "guilty of rape " as you're accusing me of in that post. I suggest you choose yours words more carefully Antony1969.

Were any named in either the msm or on sm? No.

Troll.

Bulletguy - 2019-10-27 8:26 PM

I don't recall finding a group of Israeli's "guilty of rape " as you're accusing me of in that post. I suggest you choose yours words more carefully Antony1969.

Troll.

Are you threatening me once again ??? ... You'd hung them out to dry until you had to embarrassingly backtrack ... I think most of the forum found you jumping straight on the Israelis case not long after your screaming hysterics over Mr Tommy Robinson doing much less as more than hypocritical ... Your a hypocrite of the highest order and as is being proved on another thread your liar n'all as you cant "safely say" what you claimed you could "safely say" and now because of that your threatening me again in a hissy fit ... Poor darling

Birdbrain - 2019-10-27 8:50 PM

Troll.

Are you threatening me once again ??? ... You'd hung them out to dry until you had to embarrassingly backtrack ...

No i am telling you very clearly and categorically to choose your words more carefully and not make accusations which you knew damn well were untrue. The rest of your waffle is pure garbage.

Bulletguy - 2019-10-27 9:06 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-10-27 8:50 PM

Troll.

Are you threatening me once again ??? ... You'd hung them out to dry until you had to embarrassingly backtrack ...

No i am telling you very clearly and categorically to choose your words more carefully and not make accusations which you knew damn well were untrue. The rest of your waffle is pure garbage.

I suppose you can "safely say" its garbage ???

747 - 2019-10-27 3:56 PM

Well go and look again and come back when you have got it right.

Ah

Since you were presenting yourself as an authority on public sector pensions I thought you might know something about it and be able to tell us *-)

John52 - 2019-10-28 6:32 AM

Birdbrain - 2019-10-28 6:06 AM

I suppose you can "safely say" its garbage ???

Are you telling the accused its their responsibility to disprove your accusations ?

Read my post a little slower and rub the hate from your eyes and even you might get the answer princess

Archived