Naughty naughty

Fast Pat

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-22 11:10 AM

Birdbrain - 2019-11-21 7:24 PM...……………...Hey ups old Brians gone all sweary now ... I wonder if old Brian can post up a few of my extreme right wing views ??? ... I bet he cant ... I bet he cant show one ... Nothing , zilch , zip , nowt ... Even old Brians gone all Hollywood ... This election is driving em crazy ... C'mon Brian play the white man and show us sumat , anything and try to do it without going all sweary

Weak try. "Arse" is not swearing. It is Saxon for "backside" and, since I come from Sussex (the land of the South Saxons), I reserve to myself the right to use it freely in that context! :-D

Your trouble is you're an incomer, and don't understand proper English!

Why on earth would I need to post up for your education the endless posts you yourself have written demonstrating your extremist tendencies, when the whole Chatterbox forum is virtually buried under them? On yer bike, time waster! :-D

Just for clarification my extremist posts virtually bury Chatterbox and youve shown the grand total of ... None , zilch , zip to back up your claim ... Brilliant Brian ... Now given your education to me on the word ar$e it is obviously absolutely fine for me to say youve made yaself look a bit of an ar$e for talking out of your ar$sehole then ??? ... Regards

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Birdbrain - 2019-11-22 11:53 AM

Birdbrain - 2019-11-21 7:24 PM...……………...Hey ups old Brians gone all sweary now ... I wonder if old Brian can post up a few of my extreme right wing views ??? ... I bet he cant ... I bet he cant show one ... Nothing , zilch , zip , nowt ... Even old Brians gone all Hollywood ... This election is driving em crazy ... C'mon Brian play the white man and show us sumat , anything and try to do it without going all sweary

Weak try. "Arse" is not swearing. It is Saxon for "backside" and, since I come from Sussex (the land of the South Saxons), I reserve to myself the right to use it freely in that context! :-D

Why on earth would I need to post up for your education the endless posts you yourself have written demonstrating your extremist tendencies, when the whole Chatterbox forum is virtually buried under them? On yer bike, time waster! :-D

Just for clarification my extremist posts virtually bury Chatterbox and youve shown the grand total of ... None , zilch , zip to back up your claim ... Brilliant Brian ... Now given your education to me on the word ar$e it is obviously absolutely fine for me to say youve made yaself look a bit of an ar$e for talking out of your ar$sehole then ??? ... Regards

Your reasoning is flawed: your posts are all there for you, and everyone else, to see, and my refusal to play your childish game cannot prove otherwise.

In modern usage either may be considered vulgar or offensive by some, but to very few as truly profane. You may note that "arse" is permitted on the forum.

Birdbrain - 2019-11-22 6:20 AM

Violet1956 - 2019-11-21 8:58 PM

Oh dear Antony. Your objection to being called an extremist was just trashed by your reference to “play the white man”.

"play the white man" is a phrase used widely here in Yorkshire lovey so I can only assume your calling everyone that innocently uses it an "extremist" ??? ... How very , very sad

Also in common usage in the Humber region where I come from. I’ve always thought of it as a kind of racist slur on the bona fides of black/non-white man. From a google search I see that is in dispute so I accept it is not necessarily an indicator that the user is an “extremist”. Brian’s response was much better than mine. I blame the wine!

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-22 1:00 PM

Your reasoning is flawed: your posts are all there for you, and everyone else, to see, and my refusal to play your childish game cannot prove otherwise.

In modern usage either may be considered vulgar or offensive by some, but to very few as truly profane. You may note that "arse" is permitted on the forum.

Asking you to prove what you claim is now a "childish game" ... Good grief ... What a complete arse you are Brian ... A right sore arse

Violet1956 - 2019-11-22 1:46 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-11-22 6:20 AM

Violet1956 - 2019-11-21 8:58 PM

Oh dear Antony. Your objection to being called an extremist was just trashed by your reference to “play the white man”.

"play the white man" is a phrase used widely here in Yorkshire lovey so I can only assume your calling everyone that innocently uses it an "extremist" ??? ... How very , very sad

Also in common usage in the Humber region where I come from. I’ve always thought of it as a kind of racist slur on the bona fides of black/non-white man. From a google search I see that is in dispute so I accept it is not necessarily an indicator that the user is an “extremist”. Brian’s response was much better than mine. I blame the wine!

Lets get this straight Veronica ... You seem to be saying that had the phrase I used meant what you wanted it to mean then anyone who used it would have been an extremist ... Surely that cant be right ... If one is an extremist for using that phrase in your book what do you call one who slits your throat because you dont follow his religion ... Lordy

I think your use of that term is not an indicator of your “extremism” for the reasons I have already given Antony. It is nevertheless a phrase that in my view should no longer be used because it seems obvious that it might be construed as racially insulting whether or not the person using it has that intention. Perhaps the acid test for the acceptability of its use would be whether you would feel comfortable using it when speaking with a non-white person. It is not about “what I want to believe” as you put it.

Birdbrain - 2019-11-22 6:58 PM

Asking you to prove what you claim is now a "childish game" ... Good grief ... What a complete arse you are Brian ... A right sore arse

Ooooooooooooo! That's a bit extreme! :-) But then, I only have your opinion on that, haven't I? In the meantime, I'm sitting very comfortably, thank you - though I appreciate your concern.:-D

Violet1956 - 2019-11-23 9:08 AM

I think your use of that term is not an indicator of your “extremism” for the reasons I have already given Antony. It is nevertheless a phrase that in my view should no longer be used because it seems obvious that it might be construed as racially insulting whether or not the person using it has that intention. Perhaps the acid test for the acceptability of its use would be whether you would feel comfortable using it when speaking with a non-white person. It is not about “what I want to believe” as you put it.

How very you Veronica ... Its really nothing to do with your "acid test" which by the way I find very offensive given the amount of acid attacks we see these days its more to do with being permanently offended which is something you seem to be ... Strange how a totally innocent phrase leaves you screaming "extremist" yet you defend the worlds fastest growing religion that preaches some pretty extremist stuff in its holy book ... How very odd

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-23 11:43 AM

Ooooooooooooo! That's a bit extreme! :-) But then, I only have your opinion on that, haven't I? In the meantime, I'm sitting very comfortably, thank you - though I appreciate your concern.:-D

Crikey ... Asking you to prove what you claim is now "extreme" ... What a strange world we live in

Birdbrain - 2019-11-23 12:11 PM

Crikey ... Asking you to prove what you claim is now "extreme" ... What a strange world we live in

No, all the arsy stuff, stoopid! It don't 'arf get 'ard, don't it? :-D

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-23 1:10 PM

Not arf as ard as asking for evidence of what you claim

Fast Pat - 2019-11-23 1:45 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-11-23 12:10 PM

Strange how a totally innocent phrase leaves you screaming "extremist" yet you defend the worlds fastest growing religion that preaches some pretty extremist stuff in its holy book ... How very odd

Christianity?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

Try this one ... From Wiki like your link but a much longer read ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism ... Regards

Birdbrain - 2019-11-23 2:09 PM

First go to Specsavers, and get a pair of specs with one left lens, and one right lens. Then, read back through your own posts. You'll soon see where balance goes AWOL.

BTW, I note one of your present favourite put-downs is calling people "sweet cheeks". I was a bit puzzled by that, so "Googled" it to see where it came from. You naughty, naughty boy! I think I'd drop that phrase PDQ, if I were you!! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-23 3:07 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-11-23 2:09 PM

First go to Specsavers, and get a pair of specs with one left lens, and one right lens. Then, read back through your own posts. You'll soon see where balance goes AWOL.

BTW, I note one of your present favourite put-downs is calling people "sweet cheeks". I was a bit puzzled by that, so "Googled" it to see where it came from. You naughty, naughty boy! I think I'd drop that phrase PDQ, if I were you!! :-D

Thanks but I actually went and bought two new pairs of Varifocal glasses in the summer so really no need to go to Specsavers ... "Sweet cheeks" by the way isnt a put-down as you claim Brian , its a phrase I use with affection and towards those I care for , "extremist" is more of a put-down I imagine ... By the way nice to see you can spend hours trawling the internet looking into a phrase I use but you cant post up one of those "extremist" posts you claim I weigh Chatterbox down with ??? ... Interesting , get up off your arse and lets be avin just one sweet cheeks

Archived