Naughty naughty

Fast Pat

Our judgement of whatever government is in power and of any Prime Minister will be dictated by whether or not they deliver on their promises. I don’t vote along tribal party lines I just want to ensure that the people in parliament know enough about the issues on what they choose to form policy. A particular bugbear for me is how the Tories keep harping on about a points-based immigration system. We have one, it is fraught with difficulty and is open to widespread abuse.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2019-11-20 5:38 PM

malc d - 2019-11-20 4:09 PM

Violet1956 - 2019-11-20 3:58 PM

I doubt that they would they be any better informed if they were readers of the popular press which seems to be a source favoured by many of the older generation.

Where we go for reliable and non-partisan information is becoming increasingly problematic.

I agree, but the 'popular press ' at least has some sort of regulation, however poor - whereas social media is wide open to lies - mostly anonymously posted.

Earlier on TV I saw Dominic Raab confronted about the Tories deception on Twitter last night, and he just confirmed that he didn't think the truth was all that important.

I don't know if he was just speaking for himself or the whole Tory party.

Where have all our 'statesmen' gone ?

:-(

Raab was challenged on BBC Breakfast over the rebranding of CCHQ's Twitter account and he seemed to find it amusing. When the presenter, Louise Minchin pointed out Twitters ruling that misleading banners of a verified account will receive "corrective action", Raab said he didn't agree it was! Yet they changed it back after the debate had ended!

Johnson sacked the few statesmen his party once had.

You mean remainers

I must admit that I am somewhat grateful for your contributions “Antony” because they show what a battle the informed, temperate, fair and compassionate members of our great country have on their hands. I remain confident that the people who share and espouse your extremist views will be defeated just as they have been defeated in our glorious past.

Violet1956 - 2019-11-20 6:26 PM

I must admit that I am somewhat grateful for your contributions “Antony” because they show what a battle the informed, temperate, fair and compassionate members of our great country have on their hands. I remain confident that the people who share and espouse your extremist views will be defeated just as they have been defeated in our glorious past.

I'll ask the pointless question ... Why am I an "extremist" ??? ... You might want to look up the meaning of an "extremist" and tell me how I fit in to that ??? ... I think I know the answer , because I disagree with you thats why im an "extremist" ... Go tend to hubby Veronica lovey

Birdbrain - 2019-11-20 6:49 PM

I'll ask the pointless question ... Why am I an "extremist" ??? ... You might want to look up the meaning of an "extremist" and tell me how I fit in to that ??? ... I think I know the answer , because I disagree with you thats why im an "extremist" ... Go tend to hubby Veronica lovey

You do yourself no favours by being sexist. Your history on this forum speaks volumes as to your extremist views. My dearest hubby, who has been working hard all day, is about to be presented wiith a fab dinner btw,notwithstanding the time I have spent replying to your insulting post.

Violet1956 - 2019-11-20 7:06 PM

You do yourself no favours by being sexist. Your history on this forum speaks volumes as to your extremist views. My dearest hubby, who has been working hard all day, is about to be presented wiith a fab dinner btw,notwithstanding the time I have spent replying to your insulting post.

So not only do you not show anything , absolutely zilch to prove your utterly disgraceful extremist puke thrown at me you now say im a sexist for saying go tend to hubby which you have done in supplying his meal ??? ... Your everything thats wrong with debate in the modern world Veronica and Ive mentioned it to Barry ... You dont care for my views so in an attempt to shut down those views you chuck out one of the usual unfounded insults while providing nothing when challenged to back it up ... Brilliant

Barryd999 - 2019-11-19 10:40 PM

They just cant help themselves can they. Day 1 doctoring videos of Keir Starmer and now setting up a fake fact checking site to fool people during the debate.

They are a disgrace to democracy.

Trouble is (for them) they never get away with it now.

I suppose its no different to the Brexiteers calling themselves the European Research Group *-)

- when they don't want to be European and they don't do any research :-S

John52 - 2019-11-20 8:10 PM

I suppose its no different to the Brexiteers calling themselves the European Research Group *-)

The ERG was formed in 1993 to find ways of exiting the EU, and has reportedly been financed by the taxpayer ever since.

What exactly they were researching all that time - and why we should finance it - is something I have not been able to find out.

Violet1956 - 2019-11-20 3:58 PM

malc d - 2019-11-20 12:09 PM

soarer - 2019-11-20 11:54 AM

I’m past caring feck em all there’s no point

They are all talking bollox who the feck can you

Vote for without wasting it be best if no Cnut voted

And went to the pub instead

I'm inclined to agree after an interview I saw on BBC yesterday.

A student said he hadn't watched BBC news for months ( or was it years ) and seem to rely on all his information on social media.

If all our young people now think that unregulated gossip channels are the place to go for reliable information - we are indeed all doomed !

Contrary to popular belief, it would seem that, the less young people vote , the better.

I doubt that they would they be any better informed if they were readers of the popular press which seems to be a source favoured by many of the older generation. Where we go for reliable and non-partisan information is becoming increasingly problematic.

A bit of optimistic light on young voters on the PM programme on Radio 4 tonight.

Young voters, being asked about where they got their ' news ' from seemed very well aware of the rubbish that is served up but social media - and were quite concerned about the fact that they found older people were more likely to swallow it all as fact.

( Do you suppose they have been analyzing posts on Chatterbox ? )

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-11-20 9:10 PM

The ERG was formed in 1993 to find ways of exiting the EU, and has reportedly been financed by the taxpayer ever since.

What exactly they were researching all that time - and why we should finance it - is something I have not been able to find out.

As I understand it ERG members are all MP's so will have their MP's salary ;-) ........

Are you saying they are paid extra? :-| ........

If so.....are there's a lot of MP's getting extra tax payer dosh :D ........

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmallparty/191105/register-191105.pdf

Or are you really saying "Only" pro EU groups should get taxpayer bungs? >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-11-21 8:00 AM

As I understand it ERG members are all MP's so will have their MP's salary ;-) ........

Or are you really saying "Only" pro EU groups should get taxpayer bungs? >:-) .......

ERG is a funded from taxpayers' money, in the form of an IPSA-funded pooled service within the formal IPSA Scheme of MPs' Business Costs and Expenses.

Fast Pat - 2019-11-21 8:30 AM

ERG is a funded from taxpayers' money, in the form of an IPSA-funded pooled service within the formal IPSA Scheme of MPs' Business Costs and Expenses.

And voted against Mays deal three times....as did Johnson who once PM, put forward essentially the same deal. :-S

What I am saying ( and what I am ' really ' saying ) is what I wrote.

If you have a problem understanding what other people write, you REALLY shouldn't keep trying to guess what else they may think ( or have come across on WiKi )

It makes you look a bit silly.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-11-21 9:38 AM

If you have a problem understanding what other people write, you REALLY shouldn't keep trying to guess what else they may think ( or have come across on WiKi )

;-)

Nope it makes you look like a Loser ;-) ..........

But at least you got off the fence at last :D ........

pelmetman - 2019-11-21 2:06 PM

;-)

Not sure what that last posting has to do with " coming off a fence "' however -

as you regard anyone on the forum with an open mind as being " on the fence " I would prefer it if you still regarded me as being up there.

Thanks.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-11-21 3:50 PM

pelmetman - 2019-11-21 2:06 PM

;-)

Not sure what that last posting has to do with " coming off a fence "' however -

as you regard anyone on the forum with an open mind as being " on the fence " I would prefer it if you still regarded me as being up there.

Thanks.

;-)

Seeing as you dismounted on the left side ;-) ..........

You will have to try harder to get back on it :D .........

Which will be another Labour taxing of your theoretical open mind :-> .......

Birdbrain - 2019-11-20 7:43 PM

So not only do you not show anything , absolutely zilch to prove your utterly disgraceful extremist puke thrown at me you now say im a sexist for saying go tend to hubby which you have done in supplying his meal ??? ... Your everything thats wrong with debate in the modern world Veronica and Ive mentioned it to Barry ... You dont care for my views so in an attempt to shut down those views you chuck out one of the usual unfounded insults while providing nothing when challenged to back it up ... Brilliant

Blimey. Pot, kettle, and black arse? :-D

Are you seriously claiming your views are "middle of the Road", or do you merely post them to provoke dissent?

Judging from your posts you are definitely not a centrist, being strongly inclined to express views that in the UK signify the populist extreme right.

From that political position you naturally see everyone else as being left wing, or even communist. That, in itself, places you on the extreme right.

If you think that observation unfair, how about you try posting less extreme opinions? All we know of you is what you write. If you're giving the wrong impression of yourself, whose fault is that?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-11-21 6:42 PM

Are you seriously claiming your views are "middle of the Road", or do you merely post them to provoke dissent?

Judging from your posts you are definitely not a centrist, being strongly inclined to express views that in the UK signify the populist extreme right.

From that political position you naturally see everyone else as being left wing, or even communist. That, in itself, places you on the extreme right.

If you think that observation unfair, how about you try posting less extreme opinions? All we know of you is what you write. If you're giving the wrong impression of yourself, whose fault is that?

Or alternatively you are siding with the extreme left or anyone who smells like a Remoaner ;-) .......

That's just my observation on what you write :D .........

Who's fault is that? >:-) .......

Brian Kirby - 2019-11-21 6:42 PM

Hey ups old Brians gone all sweary now ... I wonder if old Brian can post up a few of my extreme right wing views ??? ... I bet he cant ... I bet he cant show one ... Nothing , zilch , zip , nowt ... Even old Brians gone all Hollywood ... This election is driving em crazy ... C'mon Brian play the white man and show us sumat , anything and try to do it without going all sweary

Violet1956 - 2019-11-21 8:58 PM

Oh dear Antony. Your objection to being called an extremist was just trashed by your reference to “play the white man”.

"play the white man" is a phrase used widely here in Yorkshire lovey so I can only assume your calling everyone that innocently uses it an "extremist" ??? ... How very , very sad

Birdbrain - 2019-11-21 7:24 PM...……………...Hey ups old Brians gone all sweary now ... I wonder if old Brian can post up a few of my extreme right wing views ??? ... I bet he cant ... I bet he cant show one ... Nothing , zilch , zip , nowt ... Even old Brians gone all Hollywood ... This election is driving em crazy ... C'mon Brian play the white man and show us sumat , anything and try to do it without going all sweary

Weak try. "Arse" is not swearing. It is Saxon for "backside" and, since I come from Sussex (the land of the South Saxons), I reserve to myself the right to use it freely in that context! :-D

Your trouble is you're an incomer, and don't understand proper English!

Why on earth would I need to post up for your education the endless posts you yourself have written demonstrating your extremist tendencies, when the whole Chatterbox forum is virtually buried under them? On yer bike, time waster! :-D

Archived