Loony Left indeed.

Brian Kirby - 2019-12-05 5:34 PM

See this Wiki, here: https://tinyurl.com/yd4a2oo2

Both factions are necessary to prevent excess, and to bring balance.

The problem on here is that the adherents to one, or other, political wing tend to the extremes, and resort to name calling and personality assassination when confronted by an argument that comes, or appears to come, from the opposite faction.

Instead of attacking the argument with a counter-argument, they attack the person with infantile name calling and insults, which goes nowhere.

The left needs the right to keep it in order, and restrict its excesses, and vice versa. Too much of either leads to demagoguery, or worse. Look how dictators manage to emerge from democracies.

Just as an example, here's a quote from the present Conservative manifesto:

"After Brexit we also need to look at the broader aspects of our constitution: the relationship between the Government, Parliament and the courts; the functioning of the Royal Prerogative; the role of the House of Lords; and access to justice for ordinary people. The ability of our security services to defend us against terrorism and organised crime is critical. We will update the Human Rights Act and administrative law to ensure that there is a proper balance between the rights of individuals, our vital national security and effective government. We will ensure that judicial review is available to protect the rights of the individuals against an overbearing state, while ensuring that it is not abused to conduct politics by another means or to create needless delays. In our first year we will set up a Constitution, Democracy & Rights Commission that will examine these issues in depth, and come up with proposals to restore trust in our institutions and in how our democracy operates."

Who might be appointed to that Commission, and how? In the wrong hands, what might those noble sentiments translate into? Feeling lucky? :-D

Why now, a lot of the above is just common sense, but I don’t hold a lot of faith to in it happening.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Kirby - 2019-12-05 7:06 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-05 5:42 PM

The problem on here is that the adherents to one, or other, political wing tend to the extremes, and resort to name calling and personality assassination when confronted by an argument that comes, or appears to come, from the opposite faction.

Instead of attacking the argument with a counter-argument, they attack the person with infantile name calling and insults, which goes nowhere.

The left needs the right to keep it in order, and restrict its excesses, and vice versa. Too much of either leads to demagoguery, or worse. Look how dictators manage to emerge from democracies.

"After Brexit we also need to look at the broader aspects of our constitution: the relationship between the Government, Parliament and the courts; the functioning of the Royal Prerogative; the role of the House of Lords; and access to justice for ordinary people. The ability of our security services to defend us against terrorism and organised crime is critical. We will update the Human Rights Act and administrative law to ensure that there is a proper balance between the rights of individuals, our vital national security and effective government. We will ensure that judicial review is available to protect the rights of the individuals against an overbearing state, while ensuring that it is not abused to conduct politics by another means or to create needless delays. In our first year we will set up a Constitution, Democracy & Rights Commission that will examine these issues in depth, and come up with proposals to restore trust in our institutions and in how our democracy operates."

Who might be appointed to that Commission, and how? In the wrong hands, what might those noble sentiments translate into? Feeling lucky? :-D

Errr ... From the fella who I believe called me an extremist ??? und refused to prove why

Poor Tweetie, I called him a horrible name and he was deeply wounded. Fat chance from the chief purveyor of snide digs. :-D

Be an extremist if you want, but at least be an honest extremist and put up an argument of some sort. Being an extremist who claims not to be an extremist seems utterly pointless to me. Be bold. Be extreme. That's fine, but don't try to hide behind protestations of offence when a spade is called a spade.

You know full well many of your views flirt with legality: that is why you endlessly quote others' trawled tweets. "Please Guv, it weren't me, it were him. I didn't say that, I'm just quoting some Joe." But, it is you who selects the quotes, isn't it? Its called having form, and you have it in spades. Having that much form, the protests of innocence don't wash.

You ask for proof of your own extremism. Why? This forum alone is littered with the proof. If I use the wonky search facility to look for posts by Birdbrain, I get around 400. If I look for posts by Birdbrain that contain the word Muslim I get around 300. The same applies in the case of Antony1969, except the numbers are higher. Is that normal? Is that typical of everyone else on here? It is your posting signature.

Anyone who takes issue with your choice of second-hand tweets then gets the queasily homophobic jibes of "sweet cheeks" or "princess", or similar, don't they? Why? Why not just deal with their point, rather than resorting to homophobic intimidation as a put-down to avoid answering their point?

I could have used the word Muslim 10 , 100 , 1000 , 1000000000000 times Brian but unless you show my extremism towards Muslims your talking out of your arse (arse is your choice of words remember) ... Please do tell why sweet cheeks /princess/twinkle toes is homophobic ??? ... You dont seem to worry when others use the very homophobic "Nancy Boy" ??? ... Your not a hypocrite are ya brian

Birdbrain - 2019-12-05 5:21 PM

jumpstart - 2019-12-05 3:59 PM

You kidding.?.........your posts are full of rage and insults.

Just one example would be good sweet cheeks ... Just one ... C'mon you can do it

That'll be a no you cant then ... Why dont you give up

Birdbrain - 2019-12-05 8:26 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-05 5:21 PM

Just one example would be good sweet cheeks ... Just one ... C'mon you can do it

That'll be a no you cant then ... Why dont you give up

Not even one ... Jeez ... Who'd of believed your all mouth and no trousers

jumpstart - 2019-12-06 6:35 AM

Try reading your own posts.

Ive read some , mainly they are full of love with affectionate stuff like "sweet cheeks" "princess" "twinkle toes" etc etc ... Just to validate your point just a teensy weensy bit can you show just one with what you claim ... I cant believe your all fresh air like the rest on here , surely not ???

Birdbrain - 2019-12-06 6:52 AM

Ive read some , mainly they are full of love with affectionate stuff like "sweet cheeks" "princess" "twinkle toes" etc etc ... Just to validate your point just a teensy weensy bit can you show just one with what you claim ... I cant believe your all fresh air like the rest on here , surely not ???

I don’t think it’s got anything to do with affection, it’s just throwing insults at people, it’s no better than what Corbyn and Labour have been accused of. I think Brian sums it up very well.

Well, none of the usual suspects have openly backed Corbyn and cronies. Something strange going on here then.

Are they bots ......... Russian bots perchance? 8-)

That's it, Russia interfering to get their puppet into Downing St. :-(

747 - 2019-12-06 9:01 AM

Well, none of the usual suspects have openly backed Corbyn and cronies. Something strange going on here then.

I don’t back any of them. It’s a piss poor choice. We’ve caused some sort of revolution in the Eu and in British politics, we need a new refreshing group. Don’t think the Russians fill that void.

jumpstart - 2019-12-06 7:18 AM

I don’t think it’s got anything to do with affection, it’s just throwing insults at people, it’s no better than what Corbyn and Labour have been accused of. I think Brian sums it up very well.

I'll translate ... You cant show any ... I think that sums you up very well

747 - 2019-12-06 9:01 AM

All the Russian Bots are busy backing Brexit and the Tories both real ones and automated ones. Thousands of the feckers.

Beats me why those who advocate both dont think to themselves "I wonder why the Russians are so keen on Brexit and a Johnson led Government"?

Birdbrain - 2019-12-06 10:04 AM

jumpstart - 2019-12-06 7:18 AM

I'll translate ... You cant show any ... I think that sums you up very well

So lets examine this line a bit. Antony again demands proof of his previously expressed extremist, innuendo laden views, and then resorts if not satisfied on demand.

Lets start here to take just two fairly recent examples of his own contributions to strings that he seems unable to understand are extreme and include both innuendo and insult:

Birdbrain - 2019-12-05 5:42 PM

Errr ... From the fella who I believe called me an extremist ??? und refused to prove why

I responding to the above, I’d just point out that my post above is not directed to Antony Birdbrain, or anyone else in particular, whereas his reply assumes it is directed toward him (otherwise why reply as he does?), and seeks to devalue my comments on the basis that I’d previously accused him of extremism, to which he had objected.

Referring to the last string quoted below, between Antony and Veronica, he demanded to be told why he was also being called, by Veronica, an extremist.

So, to clear that last bit first, here is a dictionary definition of “Extremist” (from the Cambridge Dictionary): "someone who has beliefs that most people think are unreasonable and unacceptable." This agrees with my understanding of the normal meaning of the word.

Now, on that basis, here's just one such extremist exchange, from just above, in this string:

Birdbrain - 2019-12-05 5:39 PM

jumpstart - 2019-12-05 5:29 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-05 3:11 PM

jumpstart - 2019-12-05 2:49 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-05 12:56 PM

I dont get "angry" Barry ... I leave that to those who throw out insults and can't back them up , they my friend are the angry ones ... If its all a massive "smear campaign" as youve said before against Corbyn then prove it ... Must be easy cos youve said theres a massive amount so put up or shut up and show or if you cant stick ya dummy back in

You don’t get angry....you don’t throw out insults...What....Your nose is getting longer and longer.

Show me where and when I got angry princess

Ahhh come on ...honk honk.

Nope ... Get your perverted kicks elsewhere ... Stick to Grindr and Gaydar

In reply to Barry “Must be easy cos youve said theres a massive amount so put up or shut up and show or if you cant stick ya dummy back in”

“Put up or shut up and show”. “Stick ya dummy back in”. Not angry? Not extreme? I beg to differ. No attempt to engage with Barry’s point, just angry abuse.

Then on to his response to Jumpstart.

What is the justification for implying that Jumpstart is a pervert? Why is he a pervert? Why should he "stick to Grindr (from Wiki: "Grindr is a geosocial networking and online dating application geared towards gay, bi and trans people" and Gaydar (from Gaydar "Gaydar is one of the top dating sites for gay and bisexual men.)? I have no idea of (nor do I need/want to know) Jumpstart's sexual orientation, but why should his opinions be judged invalid on the ground that he is presumed by you to be gay? Is this extremist hate, open homophobia, both, or what?

Now to the exchange with Veronica:

Birdbrain - 2019-11-20 7:43 PM

Violet1956 - 2019-11-20 7:06 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-11-20 6:49 PM

Violet1956 - 2019-11-20 6:26 PM

I must admit that I am somewhat grateful for your contributions “Antony” because they show what a battle the informed, temperate, fair and compassionate members of our great country have on their hands. I remain confident that the people who share and espouse your extremist views will be defeated just as they have been defeated in our glorious past.

I'll ask the pointless question ... Why am I an "extremist" ??? ... You might want to look up the meaning of an "extremist" and tell me how I fit in to that ??? ... I think I know the answer , because I disagree with you thats why im an "extremist" ... Go tend to hubby Veronica lovey

You do yourself no favours by being sexist. Your history on this forum speaks volumes as to your extremist views. My dearest hubby, who has been working hard all day, is about to be presented wiith a fab dinner btw,notwithstanding the time I have spent replying to your insulting post.

So not only do you not show anything , absolutely zilch to prove your utterly disgraceful extremist puke thrown at me you now say im a sexist for saying go tend to hubby which you have done in supplying his meal ??? ... Your everything thats wrong with debate in the modern world Veronica and Ive mentioned it to Barry ... You dont care for my views so in an attempt to shut down those views you chuck out one of the usual unfounded insults while providing nothing when challenged to back it up ... Brilliant

“Go tend to hubby Veronica lovey”. Not extreme? But above all not an insulting, overtly sexist, put-down to a complete stranger on a public forum?

Antony next prays, in his defence to the charge of sexism, that veronica had prepared a meal for (presumably herself and) her husband.

But, the phrase “Go tend to hubby Veronica lovey” is time stamped at 18:29, whereas it is not until 19:06 that Veronica actually says “My dearest hubby, who has been working hard all day, is about to be presented with a fab dinner btw,notwithstanding the time I have spent replying to your insulting post”. So at least the chronology is wrong there. Why?

Then the final tirade about how he isn’t allowed his views because Veronica is “…everything thats wrong with debate in the modern world Veronica and Ive mentioned it to Barry” That neither Veronica nor Barry “care for my views so in an attempt to shut down those views you chuck out one of the usual unfounded insults while providing nothing when challenged to back it up”.

Hardly surprising is it when one considers why jibes like “Go tend to hubby Veronica lovey” might be gratuitously thrown into an exchange of views? Is this not intimidation?

I've said to Antony several times in the past that it is not his views that cause the problems, it is the way he chooses to frame and express them. Any sentiment can be expressed in ways that do not cause offence. It just needs care in the framing and the choice of words.

It is pointless complaining that lacing one's posts with homophobic jibes, angry outbursts, and personal insults prevents one being able to express one's opinions - when one has chosen the homophobic jibes, angry outbursts and personal insults one's-self.

It is even more pointless hiding behind some pretence at victimisation when those homophobic jibes, angry outbursts and personal outburst are called out for being what they are. Live by the sword, die by the sword, comes to mind.

It is beyond pointless demanding proof that one has said what one has said, and then declaring vindication because the respondent declines to provide proof of the bleeding obvious. The proof is omni-present - and people have more important things to do.

It is the intellectual equivalent of crapping on one's doorstep, stepping in one's own crap and then, when the crappy shoe is pointed out, demanding proof of the crap, and then declaring the shoe clean because no-one else chose to analyse and DNA test the crap. Smell the shoe, Antony, just smell the goddam shoe! :-D

Im an extremist because of that utter guff ... Youve lost the plot ... Seriously ... Now whatever Ive said isnt anything , it isnt anywhere near what some Labour party members and MPs have said about women and Jews to name just 2 things ... Now I have no idea who you normally vote for but if voting Labour meant you keeping out a Tory then you'd vote Labour , for someone who represents a party way more extreme than I am and I am ever going to be ... One might call you an utter hypocrite Brian and one might say your talking out of your arse , arse being a word you introduced me to by the way ... By the way you came up with some guff regarding me and Muslims t'other day , one can only presume youve tried but failed to link my supposed extremism to Muslims and youve failed as you havent mentioned them in the novel you wrote ... Your amazing sweet cheeks

Birdbrain - 2019-12-07 5:10 PM

Im an extremist because of that utter guff ... Youve lost the plot ... Seriously ... Now whatever Ive said isnt anything , it isnt anywhere near what some Labour party members and MPs have said about women and Jews to name just 2 things ... Now I have no idea who you normally vote for but if voting Labour meant you keeping out a Tory then you'd vote Labour , for someone who represents a party way more extreme than I am and I am ever going to be ... One might call you an utter hypocrite Brian and one might say your talking out of your arse , arse being a word you introduced me to by the way ... By the way you came up with some guff regarding me and Muslims t'other day , one can only presume youve tried but failed to link my supposed extremism to Muslims and youve failed as you havent mentioned them in the novel you wrote ... Your amazing sweet cheeks

You haven't read what I wrote, Antony. I didn't say you are an extremist, did I? I said you write extremist posts. It isn't about you, it is about how, and what, you write. No-one forces you to post in this way, it is your own choice. Just read the above definition of extremist, from a reputable on-line dictionary. Then consider how many other posters have called you out for extremist posts.

On one thing you are right: you have no idea how I normally vote. So I'm sorry, your presumption above is wrong on both counts.

You're still up to your old tricks: when you have no intelligent response to an argument, you attack the poster, not the argument. You do this even if, as you do above, you have to invent some aspect of the poster's character to attack. You do realise this leaves you attacking nothing but your own imaginary creation, don't you? This is really foolish. Why do it?

Don't forget it was you who demanded "proof" of extremist posts. I think I have done as you asked, and given you the detailed proof you wanted. It seems you now don't like that. Perhaps you didn't want it after all.

When in a hole? Smell the shoe, Antony, smell the shoe! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2019-12-08 12:02 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-07 5:10 PM

You haven't read what I wrote, Antony. I didn't say you are an extremist, did I? I said you write extremist posts. It isn't about you, it is about how, and what, you write. No-one forces you to post in this way, it is your own choice. Just read the above definition of extremist, from a reputable on-line dictionary. Then consider how many other posters have called you out for extremist posts.

On one thing you are right: you have no idea how I normally vote. So I'm sorry, your presumption above is wrong on both counts.

You're still up to your old tricks: when you have no intelligent response to an argument, you attack the poster, not the argument. You do this even if, as you do above, you have to invent some aspect of the poster's character to attack. You do realise this leaves you attacking nothing but your own imaginary creation, don't you? This is really foolish. Why do it?

Don't forget it was you who demanded "proof" of extremist posts. I think I have done as you asked, and given you the detailed proof you wanted. It seems you now don't like that. Perhaps you didn't want it after all.

When in a hole? Smell the shoe, Antony, smell the shoe! :-D

Brian ... For goodness sake surely if I supposedly write "extremist" posts then I would have thought that kinda makes me an extremist ??? ... Your rather silly explanation to my alleged extremism is just that plain silly ... If I am an extremist purely just on the examples you have shown what does that make others on here who puke out much worse about POTUS Trump and his family/Farage/Boris/Brexiteers etc etc ??? ... Im glad your not in the legal profession princess because your "proof" would be laughed out of court ... As for smelling my shoe then fair enough , you smell what your talking out of , your arse (arse is your word remember)

Birdbrain - 2019-12-08 4:42 PM..................….Brian ... For goodness sake surely if I supposedly write "extremist" posts then I would have thought that kinda makes me an extremist ??? ... Your rather silly explanation to my alleged extremism is just that plain silly ... If I am an extremist purely just on the examples you have shown what does that make others on here who puke out much worse about POTUS Trump and his family/Farage/Boris/Brexiteers etc etc ??? ... Im glad your not in the legal profession princess because your "proof" would be laughed out of court ... As for smelling my shoe then fair enough , you smell what your talking out of , your arse (arse is your word remember)

This is not about others, or what they say: it is about your posts. No hiding behind "he started it". You object to your posts being called extremist. Why? Do you not intend them to be extremist?

You quibbled over Veronica's use of that word, saying she might want to look into its meaning. The implication being that she had misused it. I therefore gave you the Cambridge Dictionary definition of extremist. I note you have not rejected that definition.

As the dictionary says, it is "someone who has beliefs that most people think are unreasonable and unacceptable". That is the extremist. However, it was not you, personally, who was so described, but your posts. So by the same definition, extremist posts would be those that express beliefs that most people think are unreasonable and unacceptable.

You are in the court of your peers, and are being judged accordingly. It is not for you to decide whether your posts are extremist, it is for those who read them. You may protest that they are not, or are not intended to be, extremist, but if others find them so, it is reasonable for them to say so.

Logically, you have three simple choices. 1 Apologise for unintended offence. 2 Modify the way you post. 3 Stop the indignant whinging when called out for extremist posts.

You are free to choose the words you use, so the remedy lies entirely in your hands. As above, just smell the shoe.

Brian Kirby - 2019-12-08 6:50 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-08 4:42 PM..................….Brian ... For goodness sake surely if I supposedly write "extremist" posts then I would have thought that kinda makes me an extremist ??? ... Your rather silly explanation to my alleged extremism is just that plain silly ... If I am an extremist purely just on the examples you have shown what does that make others on here who puke out much worse about POTUS Trump and his family/Farage/Boris/Brexiteers etc etc ??? ... Im glad your not in the legal profession princess because your "proof" would be laughed out of court ... As for smelling my shoe then fair enough , you smell what your talking out of , your arse (arse is your word remember)

This is not about others, or what they say: it is about your posts. No hiding behind "he started it". You object to your posts being called extremist. Why? Do you not intend them to be extremist?

You quibbled over Veronica's use of that word, saying she might want to look into its meaning. The implication being that she had misused it. I therefore gave you the Cambridge Dictionary definition of extremist. I note you have not rejected that definition.

As the dictionary says, it is "someone who has beliefs that most people think are unreasonable and unacceptable". That is the extremist. However, it was not you, personally, who was so described, but your posts. So by the same definition, extremist posts would be those that express beliefs that most people think are unreasonable and unacceptable.

You are in the court of your peers, and are being judged accordingly. It is not for you to decide whether your posts are extremist, it is for those who read them. You may protest that they are not, or are not intended to be, extremist, but if others find them so, it is reasonable for them to say so.

Logically, you have three simple choices. 1 Apologise for unintended offence. 2 Modify the way you post. 3 Stop the indignant whinging when called out for extremist posts.

You are free to choose the words you use, so the remedy lies entirely in your hands. As above, just smell the shoe.

Please do tell where I fit into the definition Brian ... https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/extremist ... As before , arse , yours , smell it ( arse as ever is your word of choice) ... I would suggest you have a number of choices 1 Report me for extremism 2 Instead of targeting out me for lesser "extremism" target those who on here spew much worse , that might be difficult for you of course as their view is your view 3 Stop the whinging , accept others have a different view and debate it rather than attempting to close them down by calling them extremists ... Regards sweet cheeks , Lordy you dont like sweet cheeks do ya , its extremist or homophobic or sexist or sumat ... Move on Brian

Birdbrain - 2019-12-08 7:05 PM.....................….Please do tell where I fit into the definition Brian ... https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/extremist ... As before , arse , yours , smell it ( arse as ever is your word of choice) ... I would suggest you have a number of choices 1 Report me for extremism 2 Instead of targeting out me for lesser "extremism" target those who on here spew much worse , that might be difficult for you of course as their view is your view 3 Stop the whinging , accept others have a different view and debate it rather than attempting to close them down by calling them extremists ... Regards sweet cheeks , Lordy you dont like sweet cheeks do ya , its extremist or homophobic or sexist or sumat ... Move on Brian

That is from the Collins COBUILD dictionary, a learner's dictionary. From Collins' website "When the first COBUILD dictionary was published in 1987, it revolutionized dictionaries for learners. It was the first of a new generation of dictionaries that were based on real examples of English - the type of English that people speak and write every day".

So, if you click on "English: extremist" in the headings just above "extremist", you will get the Collins standard English definition, as follows:

"extremist (in British English)

noun

a person who favours or resorts to immoderate, uncompromising, or fanatical methods or behaviour, esp. in being politically radical

adjective

of, relating to, or characterized by immoderate or excessive actions, opinions, etc"

I'm a native British English speaker (so don't need the learner's version), and that definition is close enough to the one I cited above. Yours is too, how to say this......….extreme? To quote Dave P, no straight banana for combing the internet for a definition to suit your preference. Dangerous tools, dictionaries!

True to form, you then head straight to the base and vulgar instead of addressing my point.

But, to respond to your suggested options:

1 Report you for extremism. Why? Do you seek to become a "forum martyr"?

2 Report others. Why? Do you want the field clear for yourself?

3 I'm not averse to different views, or extremist views, even from you. It isn't your views that cause offence, it is the way you express them. Read what you posted. Crude insult and innuendo.

Crude insult and innuendo are not a point of view. How can one debate them? Do you actually have a point? If so, I've missed it. The shoe, Antony, the shoe! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2019-12-09 6:25 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-08 7:05 PM.....................….Please do tell where I fit into the definition Brian ... https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/extremist ... As before , arse , yours , smell it ( arse as ever is your word of choice) ... I would suggest you have a number of choices 1 Report me for extremism 2 Instead of targeting out me for lesser "extremism" target those who on here spew much worse , that might be difficult for you of course as their view is your view 3 Stop the whinging , accept others have a different view and debate it rather than attempting to close them down by calling them extremists ... Regards sweet cheeks , Lordy you dont like sweet cheeks do ya , its extremist or homophobic or sexist or sumat ... Move on Brian

That is from the Collins COBUILD dictionary, a learner's dictionary. From Collins' website "When the first COBUILD dictionary was published in 1987, it revolutionized dictionaries for learners. It was the first of a new generation of dictionaries that were based on real examples of English - the type of English that people speak and write every day".

So, if you click on "English: extremist" in the headings just above "extremist", you will get the Collins standard English definition, as follows:

"extremist (in British English)

noun

a person who favours or resorts to immoderate, uncompromising, or fanatical methods or behaviour, esp. in being politically radical

adjective

of, relating to, or characterized by immoderate or excessive actions, opinions, etc"

I'm a native British English speaker (so don't need the learner's version), and that definition is close enough to the one I cited above. Yours is too, how to say this......….extreme? To quote Dave P, no straight banana for combing the internet for a definition to suit your preference. Dangerous tools, dictionaries!

True to form, you then head straight to the base and vulgar instead of addressing my point.

But, to respond to your suggested options:

1 Report you for extremism. Why? Do you seek to become a "forum martyr"?

2 Report others. Why? Do you want the field clear for yourself?

3 I'm not averse to different views, or extremist views, even from you. It isn't your views that cause offence, it is the way you express them. Read what you posted. Crude insult and innuendo.

Crude insult and innuendo are not a point of view. How can one debate them? Do you actually have a point? If so, I've missed it. The shoe, Antony, the shoe! :-D

"Crude insults and innuendo" Why ??? ... Because I used a word you introduced me to and you said was acceptable to use ??? Your a hypocrite Brian ... Your other guff is just that , guff ... I do think your overplaying your part a little on this one but if im an extremist for being crude and telling Veronica to make hubbys meal which she was doing what about those on here who guff out false racism calls , use proper full on homophobic slurs and those who say Israelis are fair game ??? I presume because you dont attack them you find that acceptable or is it you find their political leanings more acceptable ??? ... Regards

Birdbrain - 2019-12-09 6:32 PM...……………….

1 "Crude insults and innuendo" Why ??? ... Because I used a word you introduced me to and you said was acceptable to use ??? Your a hypocrite Brian ... Your other guff is just that , guff ...

2 I do think your overplaying your part a little on this one but if im an extremist for being crude and telling Veronica to make hubbys meal which she was doing

3 what about those on here who guff out false racism calls , use proper full on homophobic slurs and those who say Israelis are fair game ??? I presume because you dont attack them you find that acceptable or is it you find their political leanings more acceptable ??? ... Regards

1 Because that is what they are.

Now, Pinocchio, you're starting to have trouble with your nose, as well as your shoe. :-)

One Antony1969 engaged in 47 strings between 12 May 2013 and 20 Feb 2019, in which the word "arse" was used. This, dated 12 June 2013 is the second oldest. It is your own comment, as you wrote it, in response to others who had not first used the word.

antony1969 - 2013-06-12 5:56 PM

.............................Christ this is boring the arse off me .

So, if you knew that naughty Saxon word in 2013, how can I have "introduced" you to it six and a half years later? Just askin'. Pot, kettle, etc? :-D

2 Your comment to Veronica was a crass, sexist, demeaning, put-down, but not crude. It was your retaliation for a somewhat acerbic comment Veronica made, in reply to one of your more provocative observations. So, what goes round comes round.

The crudity comes just above, on 8/12/19, where you say " As before , arse , yours , smell it"! Nice! :-S Do remember that my original use, on 21/11/19, was to quote a shortened version of the well known phrase "That's the pot calling the kettle black arse" (i.e. hypocrite) to which you effected shock at a word you'd been using on and off, with complete familiarity, for at least the past six and a half years. And you call me and others hypocrites! Physician, heal thyself! :-D

3 You'd have to instance all those false racism calls, the proper full on homophobic slurs, and those saying Israelis are fair game. Who/what provokes them? Context is all, is it not? After all, you pick away at certain segments of humanity like an old scab, while rushing to defend others from the mildest criticism, so your bias stands out like a sore thumb, and that bias clearly irritates some folk, as it seems intended to.

I'm not defending, or accusing, anyone here, but if one pokes a stick into a hornets nest, one shouldn't really complain if one gets stung, should one? Which somehow takes us back again to that shoe, doesn't it? Smell that shoe, Antony, just smell that shoe! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2019-12-10 1:00 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-09 6:32 PM...……………….

1 "Crude insults and innuendo" Why ??? ... Because I used a word you introduced me to and you said was acceptable to use ??? Your a hypocrite Brian ... Your other guff is just that , guff ...

2 I do think your overplaying your part a little on this one but if im an extremist for being crude and telling Veronica to make hubbys meal which she was doing

3 what about those on here who guff out false racism calls , use proper full on homophobic slurs and those who say Israelis are fair game ??? I presume because you dont attack them you find that acceptable or is it you find their political leanings more acceptable ??? ... Regards

1 Because that is what they are.

Now, Pinocchio, you're starting to have trouble with your nose, as well as your shoe. :-)

One Antony1969 engaged in 47 strings between 12 May 2013 and 20 Feb 2019, in which the word "arse" was used. This, dated 12 June 2013 is the second oldest. It is your own comment, as you wrote it, in response to others who had not first used the word.

antony1969 - 2013-06-12 5:56 PM

.............................Christ this is boring the arse off me .

So, if you knew that naughty Saxon word in 2013, how can I have "introduced" you to it six and a half years later? Just askin'. Pot, kettle, etc? :-D

2 Your comment to Veronica was a crass, sexist, demeaning, put-down, but not crude. It was your retaliation for a somewhat acerbic comment Veronica made, in reply to one of your more provocative observations. So, what goes round comes round.

The crudity comes just above, on 8/12/19, where you say " As before , arse , yours , smell it"! Nice! :-S Do remember that my original use, on 21/11/19, was to quote a shortened version of the well known phrase "That's the pot calling the kettle black arse" (i.e. hypocrite) to which you effected shock at a word you'd been using on and off, with complete familiarity, for at least the past six and a half years. And you call me and others hypocrites! Physician, heal thyself! :-D

3 You'd have to instance all those false racism calls, the proper full on homophobic slurs, and those saying Israelis are fair game. Who/what provokes them? Context is all, is it not? After all, you pick away at certain segments of humanity like an old scab, while rushing to defend others from the mildest criticism, so your bias stands out like a sore thumb, and that bias clearly irritates some folk, as it seems intended to.

I'm not defending, or accusing, anyone here, but if one pokes a stick into a hornets nest, one shouldn't really complain if one gets stung, should one? Which somehow takes us back again to that shoe, doesn't it? Smell that shoe, Antony, just smell that shoe! :-D

1 ... Someone , probably Barry has hacked into my account history and planted false info , thats fairly easy to see

2 ... Why was it sexist , why exactly is saying without looking back at the exact wording "go and make a meal" sexist and if "what goes round comes round" works for Veronica (sorry Veronica for talking about you) in calling me unfounded names then I can return the favour cant I ???

3 ... If I give you the information regarding those racism claims , homophobic slurs etc you will thoroughly investigate them as you have in my case wont you , because obviously in the interest of fairness that is only right is it not and you wouldnt want to be seen as picking purely just on one member ???

4 ... I knew you liked me before this drab exchange but hadn't realised quite just how much you'd become obsessed with me , just to put it out there publicly after my last stalker run-in we did tighten security here so if you get electrocuted or mauled by the alsatians trying to breach the fences thats on your hands and totally your responsibility

Barry can deal with 1, and if necessary we can all ask the mods if they can identify who else might have hacked your account.

2 To answer your own question, you should be "looking back at the exact wording" because the offence is in the exact wording, and not the above toned down version. Just for the record, your offending post came before Veronica said that she had made her husband a meal, and no, Veronica's post does not merit the tone of your response. Link here - bottom of page 1, top of page 2: http://tinyurl.com/yx5c47z7

3 I'll judge that when you've served up a few.

4 No obsession, no stalking, no need for hysterics. BTW, I thought you'd claimed you'd be moving to France early April. Surely not still in your old gaff in Huddersfield, are you?

Archived