When should you stop driving?

spospe

Hi, my post this morning was a D46P license renewal form. I will be 73 early in of March. My motorhome is plated at 4000kg so I will need to have a medical, as I have no health problems I am pretty sure I will pass. For reading I need glasses +2.5 ( Have an old pair +1 I use when on the computer) but my long sight is good,I can read numberplate at 30/35 meters. My motorhome is 23ft long 7ft6in wide 10ft high and I have no worries at all when driving it, in UK, Europe,day night. My daily driver is a Ford Focus and driven that at night is slightly harder,I think its the much brighter white headlights on new cars and the the height of the lights on Range Rovers and other cars of that ilk where you are looking straight at them rather than down on them when in the motorhome.Ten or twenty years ago I would approach a junction a quick look both ways, if clear away I go , nowadays I seem to look at least twice so perhaps confidence is not what it used to be! Hopefully got a few more years driving in me.

Regards David

just thought --- Spiro mentioned about family offering to drive. Because have been doing bit of work at my sons house he is taking me of a days driving at Bedford Autodrome I get to drive eight different cars including caterham 7 ,Clio, BMW M1, F3000 . You never know , might get driver of the day

Archived