CCTV Surveillance

John52

I’ve just gone through that lot. Good luck to proving it. A lot of it isn’t actually illegal apart from where it’s “without their knowledge or agreement”. Be interesting to see where this goes.

John52 - 2019-12-26 10:05 AM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-26 9:15 AM

just a quick look at other EU countries shows Germany , Italy and Spain dont have the restrictions we have in place , I know from personal experience through my son in law when setting up my CCTV what I could and couldn't do ... Off you pop

I just read the instructions that came with the CCTV Camera I received as a gift.

So could you give us the benefit of your expertise and tell us what restrictions on CCTV Camera placing Britain has that Germany , Italy and Spain dont *-)

Your the expert ... Youve posted the claim ... You should have looked a little further like I did to see as usual your talking utter guff ... Instructions for a gadget aint what you should be backing a horse on sweet cheeks ... Go do your homework

jumpstart - 2019-12-26 10:14 AM

I’ve just gone through that lot. Good luck to proving it. A lot of it isn’t actually illegal apart from where it’s “without their knowledge or agreement”. Be interesting to see where this goes.

"I've just gone through that lot" ... I dont think you have the intelligence to go through an open gate without help fella ... Aint no way youve read that so quick with no pictures to help ya

Birdbrain - 2019-12-26 10:32 AM

"I've just gone through that lot" ... I dont think you have the intelligence to go through an open gate without help fella ... Aint no way youve read that so quick with no pictures to help ya

Sticks and stones....you really are incapable of holding any sort of discussion without throwing abuse at everyone on here, you and Trump are so alike.

jumpstart - 2019-12-26 11:03 AM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-26 10:32 AM

Sticks and stones....you really are incapable of holding any sort of discussion without throwing abuse at everyone on here, you and Trump are so alike.

"The whole world" ... "everyone on here" ... Bet you exaggerate about everything dont ya ??? ... Your right though I am like POTUS Trump , beautiful and successful , thanks

jumpstart - 2019-12-26 7:12 PM

So doesn’t deal with other filming events like phones.

Not quite sure where you're going with this one J/start? Using a smartphone to record certain events has always met with some controversy, for example some bands doing a 'live' concert object to the use of phones recording parts, openly banning their use, whilst other bands have no issue with it at all.

Bulletguy - 2019-12-26 7:51 PM

Not quite sure where you're going with this one J/start? Using a smartphone to record certain events has always met with some controversy, for example some bands doing a 'live' concert object to the use of phones recording parts, openly banning their use, whilst other bands have no issue with it at all.

I just mean I don’t see why restrictions should be different for both medians . Basically both cctv film and any other sort have the same effect.

jumpstart - 2019-12-26 7:57 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-12-26 7:51 PM

I just mean I don’t see why restrictions should be different for both medians . Basically both cctv film and any other sort have the same effect.

Looking at this reply I dont think J/start knows where he/shes going with it either ... Hollywood maybe

Birdbrain - 2019-12-26 8:14 PM

Looking at this reply I dont think J/start knows where he/shes going with it either ... Hollywood maybe

You seem to be the only one trying to go anywhere.

Whilst everyone else is trying to have an unbiased even handed discussion of the pros and cons, good and bad, aspects of CCTV. :-S

Bulletguy - 2019-12-26 5:50 PM

Link here explains the legal requirements; https://www.caughtoncamera.net/news/cctv-legal-requirements-cctv-laws-explained/

Good link thanks.

Bit wary of their recommendation for garden shrubbery though. Hedges don't stop burglars getting in, but they do give them somewhere to hide and stop being seen. Best for security (but worst for appearance) is a wire fence that does stop them getting in and doesn't stop them being seen. :-S

John52 - 2019-12-27 7:12 AM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-26 8:14 PM

You seem to be the only one trying to go anywhere.

Whilst everyone else is trying to have an unbiased even handed discussion of the pros and cons, good and bad, aspects of CCTV. :-S

Funny ... None of those who've taken part in this valuable , thought provoking discussion have ever been "unbiased" or "even handed" on any thread on here so why should they start now

Archived