ducato inner door lever

charleydog

We have owned an x244 Ducato based PVC for over 13 years.

I am not sure that I understand the problem. Perhaps the later Ducato models are different in this area, or the Warick has non OEM components.

We have standard "finger pull" to unlatch the door, which then has to be pushed backwards.

If it is latter movement which cause the problem then this thread may help.

I've had Citroen, Peugeot and fiat PVC on both x250/290. All suffer the same stiffness on the sliding door opening. I think it's simply because they are essentially commercial vehicles whereby the need to open the door from the inside never occurs during commercial use. Function predicts form I suppose. I agree with the above that the door needs to be physically pushed out at the same time the door handle releases. My son uses his knee to push it out. He is 5 years old. I use my left hand as described above. I don't think modifying the lever would remedy the issue as it won't improve the outward motion required to open the door.

You don't mention lubrication.

I lubricate the rails and moving parts of mine with silicon spray.

Its noticeably easier to open and close when I've done it.

But you still need to push the back ofd the door in to close it without slamming it.

Or pull the back in if you are inside.

I've fitted a handle for this purpose, as the designers wouldn't envisage whitevanman wanting to close the sliding door from inside.

Archived