Police slapped with parking fine........

Bulletguy

thebishbus - 2020-01-02 4:48 PM

I would think Hospital car parking could be as some pubs are now with number plate recognition . Just register your reg number with a hospital reference number on arrival .

Brian B.

Yes but we are talking English Government here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24130684

and judging by Universal Credit etc they don't seem to have got any better since then :-S

'Caught Red Handed' on TV today shows a council parking warden in Folkestone steal the valid Pay & Display ticket from a car, then photograph it after she had removed the valid ticket, and issue it with a PCN >:-)

She was only caught because the car belonged to the landlord of the harbour pub, who had his CCTV camera on it.

But apparently she wasn't prosecuted, or even fired - she just resigned :-S

Wonder where she's working now?

• 1 month later...

I would think Hospital car parking could be as some pubs are now with number plate recognition . Just register your reg number with a hospital reference number on arrival .

Brian B.

I think that has been tried at Coventry Hospital where parking is a nightmare.

But, it seems that cars are recorded on arrival, drive around for half an hour or more, and leave because they can't find a parking space.

They are then chased for a parking fee.

:-(

malc d - 2020-02-17 4:47 PM

Brian B.

I think that has been tried at Coventry Hospital where parking is a nightmare.

But, it seems that cars are recorded on arrival, drive around for half an hour or more, and leave because they can't find a parking space.

They are then chased for a parking fee.

:-(

There's a series of docs been running on C5 or 4 called Parking Wars and it covered one of those parks. Furious victims of the scam protested until eventually the council booted the parking company out.

The best car park featured was down south somewhere where the small town had suffered from over zealous parkies and punitive parking fees. A patch of land came up for sale so a local guy bought it......then promptly opened it up as a free car park! Needless to say he's well liked by the locals and shop owners. :-D

We do a lot of National trail hiking,so finding somewhere to park the Motorhome is always an issue. What gets me is the height barriers which obviously is to prevent travellers staying but prevents M/homers as well. At least being NT members gives access to their car parks free.

thebishbus - 2020-02-18 8:28 AM

I think that you would charged in any parking system if you stayed there beyond your free time, and left or tried to leave without payment if it was due.

Brian B.

Brian.....the type Malc meant are those which start the parking time at point of entry and are given 5 or 10 mins in which you park, pay for ticket and display. Many cars were spending above that just driving around looking for a space or waiting for one to become vacant....but they got fined despite purchasing a ticket because they'd gone over their entry time. Thats nothing less than a scam.

Regards hospital parking my local has two methods. The first, which makes the most sense, you drive in, park and pay on exit via a machine you key your reg number in. When exiting, the barrier recognises your number and that you've paid. Payment at the machines is cash or card. The ONLY problem is for what is a huge car park, there are just six machines so you can often add 15 or 20 minutes spent just queuing to pay! The other type they have is pre-payment which means you have to guess how long you will be in the hospital.

Outpatients receiving long term treatment can apply for an exemption to get free parking. However it's not unusual to sit waiting anything up to an hour for a space meaning you need to be at the hospital at least one hour before your appt time.

My local town has two huge multi storey car parks which are often half empty due to high hourly rates. Years ago there was plenty of free parking spaces close to town but the council have got rid of those now. I used to do all my banking direct in the bank, often before going to work. I'd walk down to the open market stalls, buy some tools or tat that i didn't really need....but i was spending money in town. Now i don't. I've banked online the past 15 years and the rare occasion i go into town, i spend very little. Plenty of charity shops and coffee bars but thats about all now....everything else has gone.

As far as I can see, England will remain the world's worst place to park as long as the English Government exploits parking to maximise revenue for landowners, and for Tory Councils like Westminster so they can make the council tax for Buckingham Palace less than a 3 bed semi in a poor area.

Next time you get ripped off, harrased and fined by a private parking company or council on some silly technicality, remember who gives them their legal powers to do it >:-(

John52 - 2020-02-23 3:53 PM

As far as I can see, England will remain the world's worst place to park as long as the English Government exploits parking to maximise revenue for landowners, and for Tory Councils like Westminster so they can make the council tax for Buckingham Palace less than a 3 bed semi in a poor area.

Next time you get ripped off, harrased and fined by a private parking company or council on some silly technicality, remember who gives them their legal powers to do it >:-(

An increasing number of people are fighting back now John, often successfully due to those who devote time and effort into advising and even representing them if their case goes to a Tribunal. There was a real stunner on a recent episode of Parking Wars where a chap returned off holiday to find his three wheeler car had been moved further down the road to where he'd left it....and it was sitting on double yellow lines. He got a fine in the post but when he took a closer look at the double yellows, the imprint of the tyre tread showed as the line painter numpties had moved it on there when still wet. He challenged the fine and it got thrown out! (lol)

This thread has prompted me to look on the parking forums.

BoJo is going to be very busy if he is going to keep his pre-election promise *-)

to 'sort out hospital parking'

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6106990/help-barnet-hospital-fine-bailiffs#latest

As a British plc with public sector contracts Capita had to try and maintain a half-decent reputation

So they sold Parking Eye to a private equity company based in a tax haven who can use the power the English Government has given them to levy extortionate fines for petty infringements of their conditions, with no need to care about their reputation >:-)

So BoJo is laying down his red line to the EU and is prepared to sacrifice free trade to avoid complying with EU rules.

'Taking back control' means he can continue to give legal powers to private parking companies to fine motorists for petty infringements.

Don't let the Daily Mail blame it all on the parking companies.

BoJo's government gives them the legal powers to do it >:-)

John52 - 2020-02-23 9:26 PM

This thread has prompted me to look on the parking forums.

BoJo is going to be very busy if he is going to keep his pre-election promise *-)

to 'sort out hospital parking'

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6106990/help-barnet-hospital-fine-bailiffs#latest

Steady on John....he's still not laid any foundations or one single brick of those 40 new hospitals he promised! ;-)

Archived