Trade Deal ...

Birdbrain

Barryd999 - 2020-01-26 12:29 PM

FunsterJohn - 2020-01-26 11:44 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-01-25 8:05 PM

As for my negotiating skills, Ive been negotiating deals my entire life. Im pretty sure I could do better than Foxy or Liz thick as mince Truss but thats not really saying much to be fair.

Would that be the Liz Truss with an Oxford degree in PPE? Would that be the Liz Truss who, after graduating in 1996, worked for Shell as a commercial manager and Cable & Wireless as economics director, and became a qualified management accountant. Clearly thick as mince!

Although I must admit that you do reek of success as you wander round in your several-years-old camper van. I'll drop a line to Liz and tell her that if she needs any help during the forthcoming negotiations, we have an expert here who can make all the difference. Just to help me convince her, which university did you attend and what's your degree? You may be OK with a First, Second or even a Desmond. If it's a Vorderman you've no chance I'm afraid but I'll still do my best.

You put a lot of faith in academic qualifications dont you FunnyJohn? They mean nothing.

They mean everything to Freaky Frank who has a peculiar obsession with them! *-)

Remind me, who was that dyslexic hippy bloke who dropped out of school with zilch, began flogging records advertising on the back page (because that was the cheapest page to advertise) of NME and Melody Maker, and went on open a record shop, start an airline, run a train service, became a multi billionaire with his own private island? ;-)

One of my nephews graduated from Oxford with a 1st class degree in maths and physics and completed a Masters in the same.....yet can't figure why it's not such a good idea to clean a car windscreen with polish! :D

Bulletguy - 2020-01-26 6:01 PM

As for my negotiating skills, Ive been negotiating deals my entire life. Im pretty sure I could do better than Foxy or Liz thick as mince Truss but thats not really saying much to be fair.

Would that be the Liz Truss with an Oxford degree in PPE? Would that be the Liz Truss who, after graduating in 1996, worked for Shell as a commercial manager and Cable & Wireless as economics director, and became a qualified management accountant. Clearly thick as mince!

Although I must admit that you do reek of success as you wander round in your several-years-old camper van. I'll drop a line to Liz and tell her that if she needs any help during the forthcoming negotiations, we have an expert here who can make all the difference. Just to help me convince her, which university did you attend and what's your degree? You may be OK with a First, Second or even a Desmond. If it's a Vorderman you've no chance I'm afraid but I'll still do my best.

You put a lot of faith in academic qualifications dont you FunnyJohn? They mean nothing.

They mean everything to Freaky Frank who has a peculiar obsession with them! *-)

Remind me, who was that dyslexic hippy bloke who dropped out of school with zilch, began flogging records advertising on the back page (because that was the cheapest page to advertise) of NME and Melody Maker, and went on open a record shop, start an airline, run a train service, became a multi billionaire with his own private island? ;-)

One of my nephews graduated from Oxford with a 1st class degree in maths and physics and completed a Masters in the same.....yet can't figure why it's not such a good idea to clean a car windscreen with polish! :D

That just shows how thick you are. One of my old friends left school at 15 and is worth about twenty million.

People who can call Boris a moron and Liz Truss thick as mince are themselves stupid. No one with an Oxbridge degree is thick. Another friend is a surgeon and researcher but is lacking in organisational skills.

So I don't just value academia. I just don't like idiots who churn out stupid assessments of people who are much brighter than they are.

FunsterJohn - 2020-01-26 5:12 PM

That just shows how thick you are. One of my old friends left school at 15 and is worth about twenty million.

People who can call Boris a moron and Liz Truss thick as mince are themselves stupid. No one with an Oxbridge degree is thick. Another friend is a surgeon and researcher but is lacking in organisational skills.

So I don't just value academia. I just don't like idiots who churn out stupid assessments of people who are much brighter than they are.

Face it Frank, you just dont like anyone. (lol)

That just shows how thick you are.

So stating a known fact re. Branson in case the penny hadn't dropped, is "thick"? *-)

Barryd999 - 2020-01-26 5:29 PM

He likes himself........lots! ;-)

Bulletguy - 2020-01-26 6:48 PM

So stating a known fact re. Branson in case the penny hadn't dropped, is "thick"? *-)

No, you're thick for assuming that I'm not aware that lack of academic qualifications is no barrier to success. But to repeat, calling Boris a moron and Truss thick as mince just shows that the accuser really is as thick as mince.

Bulletguy - 2020-01-26 5:49 PM

Im not sure he does. :-(

Barryd999 - 2020-01-26 7:56 PM

I do like Birdbrain, 747 and I really liked Pelmetman who was fun, if a bit daft. This forum is hardly worth bothering with since some idiot banned him.

It's down to about eight people now.

FunsterJohn - 2020-01-26 6:19 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-01-26 6:48 PM

No, you're thick for assuming that I'm not aware that lack of academic qualifications is no barrier to success.

More an observation than "thick" as i know you use it in a derogatory manner against people you dislike such as your silly childlike referencing to Corbyn.

FunsterJohn - 2020-01-26 7:08 PM

I do like Birdbrain, 747 and I really liked Pelmetman who was fun, if a bit daft.

Quelle surprise. (lol)

I do like Birdbrain, 747 and I really liked Pelmetman who was fun, if a bit daft. This forum is hardly worth bothering with since some idiot banned him.

One of the hate squad complained about poor Dave and off he went without a chance to defend himself ... As for the usuals calling those of superior intelligence thick its hardly a surprise ... Just another insult to add to the very long list I suppose ... Lordy

Birdbrain - 2020-01-26 8:16 PM

One of the hate squad complained about poor Dave and off he went without a chance to defend himself ... As for the usuals calling those of superior intelligence thick its hardly a surprise ... Just another insult to add to the very long list I suppose ... Lordy

Liz Truss Superior intelligence? To what? A simple minded horse? I think its ok to maybe insult politicians for a bit of fun on this small forum but how is it ok to openly go around calling forum members "Thick"?

Barryd999 - 2020-01-26 10:21 PM

Liz Truss Superior intelligence? To what? A simple minded horse? I think its ok to maybe insult politicians for a bit of fun on this small forum but how is it ok to openly go around calling forum members "Thick"?

Upset about labelled "thick" yet glad to call yaself "A simple minded horse" ... Lordy

Remarkable that of all the leading players, Corbyn was the only true Brexiteer - as a Bennite socialist he hated the Common Market and was calling for Art.50 to be triggered on 17 June 2016.

Add to this Corbyn's plans for an expansionary budget and a round of nationalisation, and yet people think that the risk of Corbynism has abated, and laugh when Corbyn claims he won the argument.

The Tories are carrying out the policies of the Socialist Worker Party and calling it victory.

-Championing expropriation without compensation (the annulment of the existing fishing quotas and issuance of new ones), Championing state aid for the zombie companies of their donors, and Championing protectionist tariffs at least twice as high as the WTO average.

Birdbrain - 2020-01-27 6:28 AM

Upset about labelled "thick" yet glad to call yaself "A simple minded horse" ... Lordy

Im not upset about being called Thick or any of the other insults and personal attacks from FunnyJohn on this forum but other members might be. I think it was my father who came up with the phrase "simple minded horse", he probably was directing it at me at the time and perhaps for good reason but on this occasion I was referring to Liz Truss. Maybe Im wrong. Perhaps Foxy and Lizz will gobble up trade deals with great vigour and professionalism but FFS, just look at em! Do they come across as crack negotiators to you?

Barryd999 - 2020-01-27 11:43 AM

Im not upset about being called Thick or any of the other insults and personal attacks from FunnyJohn on this forum but other members might be. I think it was my father who came up with the phrase "simple minded horse", he probably was directing it at me at the time and perhaps for good reason but on this occasion I was referring to Liz Truss. Maybe Im wrong. Perhaps Foxy and Lizz will gobble up trade deals with great vigour and professionalism but FFS, just look at em! Do they come across as crack negotiators to you?[/quote

Princess you voted for and actively went out threatening others to vote for Corbyn and Abbott ... The same Abbott and Corbyn who'd gladly negotiate giving away The Falklands , NI , Gibraltar and surrender without a tickle all to the crookedy EU ... You aint in any position to question The Tories negotiating team

Birdbrain - 2020-01-27 12:24 PM

Im not upset about being called Thick or any of the other insults and personal attacks from FunnyJohn on this forum but other members might be. I think it was my father who came up with the phrase "simple minded horse", he probably was directing it at me at the time and perhaps for good reason but on this occasion I was referring to Liz Truss. Maybe Im wrong. Perhaps Foxy and Lizz will gobble up trade deals with great vigour and professionalism but FFS, just look at em! Do they come across as crack negotiators to you?

Princess you voted for and actively went out threatening others to vote for Corbyn and Abbott ... The same Abbott and Corbyn who'd gladly negotiate giving away The Falklands , NI , Gibraltar and surrender without a tickle all to the crookedy EU ... You aint in any position to question The Tories negotiating team

Prior to the war Thatchers government had already been in talks with Argentina over ceding sovereignty. https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2005/jun/28/falklands.past

As for NI there is the matter of honouring the GFA and avoiding a hard border. Gibraltar residents who made their feelings crystal clear in the referendum with a vote of 95.91% to remain in the EU want to negotiate their own passport-free deal with the EU.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51173850?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cmwzv64y0lzt/effects-of-brexit-on-gibraltar&link_location=live-reporting-story

Im not upset about being called Thick or any of the other insults and personal attacks from FunnyJohn on this forum but other members might be. I think it was my father who came up with the phrase "simple minded horse", he probably was directing it at me at the time and perhaps for good reason but on this occasion I was referring to Liz Truss. Maybe Im wrong. Perhaps Foxy and Lizz will gobble up trade deals with great vigour and professionalism but FFS, just look at em! Do they come across as crack negotiators to you?[/quote

Threatening? (lol) now who's gone all Holywood?

I campaigned for more than one party in different areas. I keep telling you that but for some reason you think I'm a Corbynista. (lol)

I don't think I threatened anyone though. Mind you some of those Libdem remainers I worked with looked a bit "tasty" well the girls at least. (lol)

Barryd999 - 2020-01-27 2:55 PM

I campaigned for more than one party in different areas. I keep telling you that but for some reason you think I'm a Corbynista. (lol)

I don't think I threatened anyone though. Mind you some of those Libdem remainers I worked with looked a bit "tasty" well the girls at least. (lol)

You refused to vote LibDem who offered everything you'd been screaming for since 2016 and voted Labour ... Why deny it , rather silly princess

Birdbrain - 2020-01-27 7:58 PM

You refused to vote LibDem who offered everything you'd been screaming for since 2016 and voted Labour ... Why deny it , rather silly princess

Oh Jeeeeesaz!!! How many times now? How I voted is irrelevant. I canvassed in several constituencies. I might have been supporting a Labour MP one day and a LibDem the next. Thats how tactical voting and tactical canvassing worked. We were successful in some areas but just not enough. I had to vote as did many others for the party that stood the best chance of stopping the Tories in my own constituency. If I had voted libdem I may as well have took my paper and made a paper aeroplane out of it and flung it out of the window. We tried, we failed. Thats all there is to it.

To quote yourself. Move on (FFS!)

Barryd999 - 2020-01-28 2:35 PM

Oh Jeeeeesaz!!! How many times now? How I voted is irrelevant. I canvassed in several constituencies. I might have been supporting a Labour MP one day and a LibDem the next. Thats how tactical voting and tactical canvassing worked. We were successful in some areas but just not enough. I had to vote as did many others for the party that stood the best chance of stopping the Tories in my own constituency. If I had voted libdem I may as well have took my paper and made a paper aeroplane out of it and flung it out of the window. We tried, we failed. Thats all there is to it.

I'll translate ... You voted Labour like I said but feel the need to justify it ... Your problem not mine sweet cheeks

Birdbrain - 2020-01-28 7:45 PM

I'll translate ... You voted Labour like I said but feel the need to justify it ... Your problem not mine sweet cheeks

Only to you because you keep bringing it up like it was akin to eating children alive or summat.

Barryd999 - 2020-01-28 10:21 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-28 7:45 PM

Only to you because you keep bringing it up like it was akin to eating children alive or summat.

Dude you shamefully questioned the intelligence of certain Tory negotiators , I simply showed you as a Labour voter shouldn't throw stones when you look at the team you voted for ... Your being very defensive over how you voted , I'll say again thats your problem not mine ... Be proud , not ashamed

Archived