Ireland

mtravel

In 2012 we have already been to Ireland, in our itinerary we have always been close to the coast.

Sort of clockwise circumnavigation of the Country from Dublin to Dublin.

I'd like to go back for about four to five weeks this summer.

Certainly we will retrace some stretches already seen.

But I would also like to visit some places in the inland.

Do you have any suggestions ?

Thanks to everyone who wants to answer.

Max

One of the best ways of seeing some of the midlands of Ireland is to follow the river Shannon. You can start down near limerick and work north right into Co. Fermanagh and the Lough Erne area. Many of the Waterways Ireland marinas, jetties and harbours allow overnighting for free and have service blocks with water, some with showers, laundry, and black disposal available by prepay swipe card.

I would suggest you join motorhomecraic forum (free and friendly) were you can search the site and provided you ask area specific questions you should get advice.

Linked to their site there is an app (iOS and Android) called motorhomeparkingireland which costs about £5 on a recurring subscription (but easily cancelled) which has hundreds of locations added and reviewed by members. These are campsites, aires, wild spots including harbours, pubs and autogas outlets.

Hope this helps.

Davy

Irish Motorhome Club will make you very welcome and give yiou any information you need re your trip to Ireland including sites and places to stay through Ireland Your even as a visitor are welcome to join up at some of their Rally's (free)on or around the dates you provide . For more info Irish Motorhome Club-Home(all information is free)

https://www.irishmotorhomeclub.net/

@TeamRienza:

Thank you for your help and hints.

I joined motorhomecraic and will start to surf in.

However, even if we don't avoid wild camp in summertime we usually stay at campsites.

Let say 10% wild, 30% stopover, 60% campsites.

Max

p.s. Apologies for my quite school English but I write from Italy.

@onecal:

Thanks for your help.

Give me time to organize my travel hypothesis and in a couple of days I will contact you by email.

I tried to join the Irish Motorhome Club but to become a first year associate member the email address of a permanent member is required, which of course I don't have.

Max

Hi

Re: Irish Motorhome Club

As you are outside the State there is no need for you to officaly join the Club. You can contact the Club via the site https://www.irishmotorhomeclub.net/ or alternatively email the.irish.motorhome.club@outlook.ie and we will endevour to advise you and give you information that will hopefully enhance your experience on your next trip.

Please feel free contact the Club regarding your trip anytime

the.irish.motorhome.club@outlook.ie

paulbaxter - 2020-02-04 5:24 PM

If you didn't travel North there are so many places in the North where I am.

Have a great time.

I apologize for not having specified that by Ireland I meant the whole island (both the Republic and Northern Ireland).

Both already visited but help and hints are welcome.

Max

Archived