Because I know there are competent techies out there

Violet1956

Oh hello stranger! (lol)

Am no computer 'whizz' but......"fit to printable size" should show up as an option in your printer settings. With that you can make small images larger or as in your case, large images smaller to fit whatever size paper you are printing to. Some printer settings also allow you to decide on bordered or borderless.

Hi BG, yes I have been absent for a while due to a house move. Have tried all you suggest to no avail. Have googled my problems. Seems my only solution might be to upgrade from a freebie adobe programme to a chargeable one and try to convert the said problematic document.

I see we've lost Dave Pelmet. He said some outrageous things but there was many a time when he made me laugh out loud so I will miss him.

Violet1956 - 2020-02-03 8:19 PM

There's the rub Colin. I do wonder whether it is the printer settings. Wish I had a clue how to manage them. What is really strange is that I have had the same printer for 3 years or more and this problem has never manifested itself before now.

Funny enough just after I replied I needed to print a couple of pages of PDF in landscape, I had to do something like Barry posted, although set to 'landscape' the preview showed it as 'portrait', clicked from 'landscape' to 'portrait' and back to 'landscape' and it sorted itself out.

Violet1956 - 2020-02-03 7:56 PM

Hi BG, yes I have been absent for a while due to a house move. Have tried all you suggest to no avail. Have googled my problems. Seems my only solution might be to upgrade from a freebie adobe programme to a chargeable one and try to convert the said problematic document.

I see we've lost Dave Pelmet. He said some outrageous things but there was many a time when he made me laugh out loud so I will miss him.

Good to see the Forum Tottie back :-D

The Mad Hatter is causing chaos on the Motorhome Fruitcakes Forum

Apparently they are pressing for him to be re-instated here 8-)

John52 - 2020-02-04 7:26 AM

Violet1956 - 2020-02-03 7:56 PM

Good to see the Forum Tottie back :-D

The Mad Hatter is causing chaos on the Motorhome Fruitcakes Forum

Apparently they are pressing for him to be re-instated here 8-)

Its ok. Ive proposed a new awards system this morning. If you post something serious and pro Brexit you get one of these (which you cant remove)

I love the EU

2067915189_euheart.jpg.d6ef2dec194b5fee0f6ac1f92dd02943.jpg

Violet1956 - 2020-02-04 10:50 AM

I've had a look in fruitcakes. The one benefit of joining would be that I could be far ruder to Dave than I ever was on here. So far I've resisted trying to join as it appears to be a forum without rules which puts off shrinking Violets. ;-)

Go for it!

(lol)

There is only one rule. Everyone has to obey and praise Admin and there is an initiation ceremony which involves goats and a wet knotted knicker. Apart from that its a lovely environment.

Violet1956 - 2020-02-04 1:17 PM

Tempted, what's Dave's moniker on there? (PM me if it is too rude to mention) :-S

Oh I think you would sharp find him. (lol)

He keeps changing his name. I think his latest is Mr none eu citizen. He's already won his eu heart award this morning.

Archived