Caravan and Motorhome Show at Birmingham

Justwills

Hi

The quietist is usually the Tuesday, the first day, so guess they would have more time to give advice. Deals, any day on Motorhomes, May get better deals on the Sunday on very smaller items that they don’t want to take back, but not really worth the effort just for that..

Justwills - 2020-02-05 1:36 AM

Newbie Hi!

Which day is the best for that show? I.e. which have the best deals and which days are best for advice? I appreciate it is a big show and I can imagine you can get distracted away from the main reason being there. ??????

Thank you.

Our experience.....we went to the NEC in October with the intention of buying new from there. However, not happy with any deal offered (having done lots of research before hand into prices) so used the experience to confirm our selection.

Ordered our new PVC last month (delivery September) with a deal that made us happier than any offered at the show.

If you know what you’re after, and you know the prices, you’ll know if you’re getting a good deal. We knew the layout we wanted, extras etc so had a good idea of prices on the various vehicles that suited our requirements.

I’m not talking about accessories as we weren’t looking too closely at those. ;-)

Thank you for the replies and advice. Very useful links about the show.

Liking what I’ve found - thank you that is exactly what I’ve found!

Your comments have changed my views about the purpose and it is more realistic to just view and take notes and check the best dealers for the future. Also I realised I would need lots of accessories but there is not much point of buying those things until the vehicle is purchased. Also I may need to also be more realistic about delivery times.

Looks like Tuesday or Wednesday’s sounds better and more relaxed.

Thank you.

Tuesday is the Caravan and Motorhome Club’s club-day (special cheap tickets for CMC members) so may be busier than Wednesday (which is when we go if we decide to attend the Show).

A full list of exhibitors can be found here:

https://ccmshow.co.uk/exhibitor-list/?ProductType=&Name=

and this can be filtered to show only motorhomes and campervans

https://ccmshow.co.uk/exhibitor-list/?ProductType=Motorhomes+%26+Campervans&Name=

The Show’s homepage is here

https://ccmshow.co.uk/

and clicking on the 3 short lines

___

___

___

in the homepage’s top-right corner will allow access to a lot of other useful information.

I'm going on the Tuesday expecting it to be the quieter day, then found out that it's the caravan club day, but also just found out that Wednesday is MMM club day, ald I believe that there C&CC have their club day on Friday, so every day is going to be busy ??

Thank you all, great info for a newbie like me and I’m very grateful. I am using the discounted tickets saving £3. To make both of the forum members I have decided to go on Tuesday and Wednesday so I’ll feedback how busy they are or my experience etc. thank you all again.

If delivery is important to you on a popular model, but one specced to be unlikely to be a speculative stock build by a dealer, IMO it is best to order at the October show. Then with manufacturers and dealers planning for the build year, a wider range of slots will be available.

We have decided to make a weekend of it and have booked into Shrewsbury Morris Leisure site for the long weekend , booked a direct train to Bham Int for the Saturday show . Back into Shrews for 17:30. ,wine bar for a couple of scoops near the station and then tapas in town , should be fun !

Want to look at long PVCs , new Baileys and levelling systems .

Archived