2019 Burstner Lyseo 690G Floor thickness

peggysue

Does anyone know the thickness of the floor in the Burstner Lyseo 690G. I want to install a Fammia Garage Bike Rack which needs to be secured to the floor (only) with self tapping screws. However, I do not want to put the Water Ingress Warranty at risk by screwing completely through the floor.

We have a 2019 Iexo 736, the floor is multi layered on outs the top I.e. floor is only about 8 mm thick then some sort of sandwich. If it was me I would glue some pads to the floor and screw the rack to that. If a maker can get out of a warranty claim they will?

From the OP I suspect you may already have the Fiamma rack.

If not, and you don't want to drill the vehicle, you might want to consider a Radfazz bike rack.

My Hymer has a composite garage floor, and Hymer advise not to drill through it. Hence, I investigated, and bought, a Radfazz system.

It has the advantage of fixing to the existing Burstner supplied "lashing" rails which should be either side of the garage, It has the disadvantage that the front wheel needs to be removed to locate the forks in the fork holder.

I don't find the latter much of an issue (1 bike with quick-release wheel, the other without), and I use a double wheel-bag for the removed wheels, not the Radfazz holder.

The system is very effective, very lightweight, and can be fitted and removed without any modification to the 'van garage.

Hymer sell as a "Hymer" accessory, but I bought direct from the supplier, who targets numerous motorhome models. You simply need to check the position of the lashing rails, and their height and distance between, to buy the correct components.

https://www.radfazz.de/fahrradtransport-fahrradtraeger-reisemobil

Leslie,

As you imply that your Burstner is still under warranty I would suggest contacting the selling dealer to clarify if screwing the bike rack to the garage floor would affect the warranty in any way.

If you do not want to screw into the floor could you get a piece of thin plywood cut to fit on the garage floor and secure the back rack to that, using the tie down points to secure bikes and rack in place?

Keith.

Archived