Frozen

Hans

This site was always nice whit a Personal touch. Not By Derek Uzell . He has not a feeling for that. But his info is super. But the Webster's New collegiate Merriam Dictionary should not read as Merrium. The Random House college dictionary confirm this. Nice song by Maddonna.

Hans's comment relates to my posting of 30 March 2020 1:44 PM in the “Stranded in Spain” thread

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Stranded-in-Spain/54681/61/#M641637

I subsequently froze that discussion after directing forum members to the "Stranded in Spain (pt 2)” follow-on thread that continued the story.

(Hans lives in Holland, writes in Dutch and then uses on-line translation software to convert Dutch into English. He may fail to appreciate how incomprehensible the resultant English text can sometimes be.)

Derek Uzzell - 2020-03-31 7:45 AM

Hans's comment relates to my posting of 30 March 2020 1:44 PM in the “Stranded in Spain” thread

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Stranded-in-Spain/54681/61/#M641637

I subsequently froze that discussion after directing forum members to the "Stranded in Spain (pt 2)” follow-on thread that continued the story.

(Hans lives in Holland, writes in Dutch and then uses on-line translation software to convert Dutch into English. He may fail to appreciate how incomprehensible the resultant English text can sometimes be.)

How admirably tactful and understanding. I was on the point of suggesting Hans sticks to Dutch, and leaves us to do the translating! :-D Sorry Hans!

To assist Hans I have taken the English posting and put it through the Bing English-Dutch translator. It may provide some insight into the translation impact. Oddly enough though, if I put the Dutch through an alternative translator it comes back precisely to the English in the original posting. The Maddona reference continues to intrigue me.

Deze site was altijd leuk whit een persoonlijk tintje. Niet door Derek Uzell. Daar heeft hij geen gevoel voor. Maar zijn info is super. Maar de Webster's New collegiate Merriam Dictionary moet niet lezen als Merrium. De Random House college woordenboek bevestigt dit. Mooi nummer van Maddonna.

Derek Uzzell - 2020-03-31 6:45 AMy

I am fascinated that Hans has the language skill to understand sometimes complicated technical discussions ( eg chassis designs some time ago) in English assuming he does not translate the complete thread and then chooses to reply as per Derek's quote.

Maybe Hans you should reply in your own version of English like I do. After all my first language is sometimes described as " an odd way of speaking English" by my English friends in Somerset.

In my mother tongue - with all this crap going on all around the world we must keep it light. Cheers, ;-)

Archived