Replacement Tyre/Wheel Sun Protector Covers

23addy46

Hi All,

Anyone managed to source decent wheel protector covers of the 'Elastic Back' variety suitable for the Ducato Maxi 16" wheels ?

The ones we have been using for the past 8 years (mfgt. somewhere over the border in Yorkshire?) but can't find the old invoice, have developed 'slack knicker lastic syndrome' so fly away in even the mildest breeze!

The widely available (ie:- Ebay etc) offerings give very little confidence of either quality nor suitability (one offer stating "simply lift the wheel off the ground and slip the wheel cover on" - How practical isn't that eh?. Hence my question to you all...Many Thanks & Do Take Care...

Dave Adams.

Hi & thanks to all for the answers, and for Jonathan - As they have served well beyond 8 years on a daily basis -- My missus suggested I did something completely impossible at my age when asked, she did exactly what you had suggested !!!! - But, in an attempt to help the economy over the border from 'Gods County', Iv'e placed an order for a new pair of what would appear to be a high quality product from 'Bags & Covers' in Wakefield, they promised to deliver the same next week for £34 odd. To assist other Forum Members - I shall report on the quality / fitment etc. following arrival...

Thanks again & take care..

Dave Adams

Hi FD - Your 'Bags 4 Everything' reply jolted my memory - our 'Knackered Lastick' wheel protectors were mfgt. by this company, although well made and sold for Ducato's - were always a VERY TIGHT STRETCH FIT on our (2009 new purchase) E695 Bessacarr on Ducato's 4 tonne Maxi (heavy) chassis fitted with 'Continental 225/75 R16 CP' tyres (same replacements current !) - But many years on I read '16" wheels are a more regular fit to the 'light' 3.5 tonne Ducato's (but don't know tyre spec. on these 'light' chassis (ie:- rolling radius/load/width) hence my offer to report upon the 'new arrivals'...Take Care...

Dave A

Copied from another thread...

Sydney1 - 2020-04-04 10:55 AM

We have these Riviera covers fitted to our 16" Fiat Heavy Chassis wheels

The material continues over the top and around the back and includes a bit of elastic but actually if that failed, they would still function

We do find them a struggle to get on the back due to the overhang of the bodywork

Hy All - Further to my previous forum message - Yesterday as promised, the new MH Wheel Covers arrived from Bags & Covers Direct, Wakefield, after serious inspection (material quality, stitching etc.). I can report they are well manufactured, with a much better (elasticated) shape that is easier to fit, extending over the rear of the tyre, is of more than equal material quality and best of all (for us) White, so they pleasingly blend with the body work ("silver or black available as they say") - All in all for the £34.18 delivered I (we) are very satisfied with our purchase with no qualms over recommending the product...

Take care,

Dave Adams

Archived