Sunday Times report

Bulletguy

Government need to start explaining themselves over this, and fast......preferably with honesty;

Millions of pieces of vital personal protective equipment (PPE) are being shipped from British warehouses to Germany, Spain and Italy despite severe shortages in the UK, The Telegraph can disclose.

Lorries are being packed with masks, respirators and other PPE kit before heading to supply hospitals in the EU, it has emerged.

On Monday night, UK firms said they had "no choice" but to keep selling the lifesaving gear abroad because their offers of help had been repeatedly ignored by the British Government.

It comes as the Government faces growing criticism over the PPE crisis, with hospitals close to running out of critical equipment and doctors forced to choose between exposing themselves to the virus or "letting a patient die on their watch".

https://tinyurl.com/ycer8f2f

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jumpstart - 2020-04-21 6:37 PM

It’s not all blame on “government “ , its the civil service who should also take some stick.

I blame the NHS senior management as they are the ones who should have made sure that there was sufficient PPE considering every year the WHO warns of a possible pandemic but of course they hide behind the you must not criticise the NHS. brigade. They failed and left the government to pick up the pieces. I would say the same regardless of the colour Blue, Red or pink goverment in control.

teflon2 - 2020-04-21 7:04 PM

It’s not all blame on “government “ , its the civil service who should also take some stick.

I blame the NHS senior management as they are the ones who should have made sure that there was sufficient PPE considering every year the WHO warns of a possible pandemic but of course they hide behind the you must not criticise the NHS. brigade. They failed and left the government to pick up the pieces. I would say the same regardless of the colour Blue, Red or pink goverment in control.

Government drew up a pandemic preparedness strategy in 2011. Six years later Nervtag advised government to increase its stock of PPE but it was rejected as "too costly". Bear in mind the NHS has had 10 years of the most punitive cuts under this government leading to severe underfunding. And as for WHO, since when did UK government follow their recommendations?

https://tinyurl.com/ydfsqxqh

John52 - 2020-04-21 9:52 PM

... and who appoints the Civil Service *-)

....not the Government. They are selected by the selections office and appointed to ministers.

jumpstart - 2020-04-22 7:08 AM

John52 - 2020-04-21 9:52 PM

... and who appoints the Civil Service *-)

....not the Government. They are selected by the selections office and appointed to ministers.

Dominic Cummings has been sacking them and advertising for 'misfits and wierdo's' to replace them.

Who appointed Dominic Cummings *-)

jumpstart - 2020-04-21 7:16 PM

Boris probably won’t last 4 years. Hello Labour.

You could be right - except it will be New Labour again, the Tory B team.

Now we have a Barrister with a title in charge (so acceptable to the establishment) and BoJo's government becoming so mired in sleaze and incompetence as to become unelectable, its beginning to look like it was in 1997..

John52 - 2020-04-22 1:10 PM ....... it will be New Labour again, the Tory B team.Now we have a Barrister with a title in charge (so acceptable to the establishment) and BoJo's government becoming so mired in sleaze and incompetence as to become unelectable, its beginning to look like it was in 1997..

I can’t see that the recently elected Boris Government is remotely “mired in sleeve and incompetence” - that’s just fanciful none sense. Likewise that just because Labour has a new Leader, that it has instantly become a homogeneous party with a clear common aim.  I fear you live in cloud cuckoo land John52. 

Doesn't surprise me that you can't see it Stuart

StuartO - 2020-04-22 1:25 PM

Likewise that just because Labour has a new Leader, that it has instantly become a homogeneous party with a clear common aim.  

Who said it had?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-04-21 2:45 PM

John52 - 2020-04-21 11:39 AM

pelmetman - 2020-04-20 10:03 PM

If anyone aught to do their homework ;-) .........

I'm kinda guessing its you Losers :-| ........

As your pathetic hay making whilst folk are snuffing it!......Is starting to stick in my gall >:-( .......

Just sayin :-| ....

So what homework have you been doing *-)

Have you realised yet that the reason folk are snuffing it is BoJo was asleep at the wheel (which everyone else seems to have deduced from the fact he caught it himself) - aslep at the wheel whilst the virus was getting hold, and the PPE being snapped up >:-) https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/20/fierce-rebuttals-mark-change-to-uk-covid-19-media-strategy - not that he snuffed it for lack of a ventilator though - he got one even though he didn't need it :-S

Handjob has been asleep at the wheel as well.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-wholesaler-shipping-vital-ppe-18122689

A missed opportunity to secure vital PPE and now its going into Europe. Its somewhat Ironic from the party that paid millions for emergency ferries to a company that had no ferries but they managed to ignore a company that was sitting on millions of pounds worth of vital PPE.

Expect to see Matt put out to grass shortly, off to spend time with his family, write a book or summat.

Not all PPE is equal ;-) .........

We have a current shortage of gowns :-| ..........

Sadly no shortage of whinging Losers *-) ........

No doubt you'll start bitching next about the UK not joining the EU system for bulk buying PPE? (?) ........

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus/how-a-lack-of-ppe-in-spanish-hospitals-is-leading-to-a-health-care-crisis-1.4217087

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-italy-doctors-nhs-hospitals-ppe-a9435891.html

I shouldn't bother .......Coz they're doing worse than we are 8-) ........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-04-22 1:10 PM

Now we have a Barrister with a title in charge (so acceptable to the establishment) and BoJo's government becoming so mired in sleaze and incompetence as to become unelectable, its beginning to look like it was in 1997..

So now Labour has a ex Barrister in charge again we should forget what happened last time they put a Lawyer in charge? 8-) ............

Guest pelmetman

Dream on Loser ;-) ..........

How are you going to topple a PM with a 80 seat majority? (lol) (lol) (lol)..........

pelmetman - 2020-04-22 2:36 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-04-21 2:45 PM

John52 - 2020-04-21 11:39 AM

pelmetman - 2020-04-20 10:03 PM

If anyone aught to do their homework ;-) .........

I'm kinda guessing its you Losers :-| ........

As your pathetic hay making whilst folk are snuffing it!......Is starting to stick in my gall >:-( .......

Just sayin :-| ....

So what homework have you been doing *-)

Have you realised yet that the reason folk are snuffing it is BoJo was asleep at the wheel (which everyone else seems to have deduced from the fact he caught it himself) - aslep at the wheel whilst the virus was getting hold, and the PPE being snapped up >:-) https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/20/fierce-rebuttals-mark-change-to-uk-covid-19-media-strategy - not that he snuffed it for lack of a ventilator though - he got one even though he didn't need it :-S

Handjob has been asleep at the wheel as well.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-wholesaler-shipping-vital-ppe-18122689

A missed opportunity to secure vital PPE and now its going into Europe. Its somewhat Ironic from the party that paid millions for emergency ferries to a company that had no ferries but they managed to ignore a company that was sitting on millions of pounds worth of vital PPE.

Expect to see Matt put out to grass shortly, off to spend time with his family, write a book or summat.

We have a current shortage of gowns :-| ..........

No doubt you'll start bitching next about the UK not joining the EU system for bulk buying PPE? (?) ........

Thats already been covered....do try and keep up. UK passed up three opportunities to take part citing "we are no longer a member". When that was pointed out as utter nonsense they tried excusing their ignorance of not knowing about it on "missing emails". Hancock is just being used at the moment until your Dear "Leader" (not) decides to make his Messianic return where Hancock will be thrown under the bus.

pelmetman - 2020-04-22 2:42 PM

Dream on Loser ;-) ..........

How are you going to topple a PM with a 80 seat majority? (lol) (lol) (lol)..........

Think you’ll find he’s doing it himself.

pelmetman - 2020-04-22 2:38 PM

John52 - 2020-04-22 1:10 PM

So now Labour has a ex Barrister in charge again we should forget what happened last time they put a Lawyer in charge? 8-) ............

Keir Starmer still is a Barrister. Remind everyone again of Johnsons "qualifications"? You can leave out his atrocious philandering and spreading his seed around various women, demanding a divorce from his ex-wife as she lay battling cancer in a hospital bed, along with his pathetic periods as a "journalist" when he could be bothered to do any work.

Bulletguy - 2020-04-21 8:07 PM

Government drew up a pandemic preparedness strategy in 2011. Six years later Nervtag advised government to increase its stock of PPE but it was rejected as "too costly". Bear in mind the NHS has had 10 years of the most punitive cuts under this government leading to severe underfunding. And as for WHO, since when did UK government follow their recommendations?

Silly boy as I've told you before this government was voted in December 2019 that's last year not 10 years ago.

As to punitive cuts for the last 8 years the NHS budget has been increased by 1.4% pr year after allowing for inflation.

You really are a one trick pony.

Not everyone seems to be taking a hit during this pandemic. The Conservative Government needs to do some equalising when we come out of this. Those land owners taking rent , where they have not allowed a reduction of rent, all internet purchases need to have a tax as high street shops are closed. All companies with offshore tax haven accounts should not get public funds.If Boris’s team are not willing to do this then Labour would get my next vote which will be the first time ever.

teflon2 - 2020-04-22 6:38 PM

Silly boy as I've told you before this government was voted in December 2019 that's last year not 10 years ago.

As to punitive cuts for the last 8 years the NHS budget has been increased by 1.4% pr year after allowing for inflation.

Yup !!!

teflon2 - 2020-04-22 6:38 PM

I'm afraid a change of PM and a few Cabinet ministers here and there doesn't alter a government which has been Tory for the past 10 years though undoubtedly more BlueKip than ever now, so what i referred to occurred under a government of which is obviously your preferred choice.

Which is 2.3% less than average proving it's underfunding.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/nhs-in-a-nutshell/nhs-budget

The budget for public health services is now £850 million lower than in 2015/16 and by 2021 the budget will have been cut by 25% from its 2015/16 level in real-terms.

At the end of 2018 £1bn of cuts to public health services and the training of nurses and doctors over the following year were concealed within Government plans to boost the NHS budget by £20bn by 2023.

The figure for the cut in budget are for England as a whole, however an investigation by the IPPR found that the cuts disproportionately affect the most deprived areas. It is the poorest communities that are being hit the hardest by these cuts in public health. When the IPPR compared the cuts in the most and least deprived ten local authorities, they found that "Almost £1 in every £7 cut from public health services has come from England’s ten most deprived communities - compared to just £1 in every £46 in the country’s ten least deprived places.The total, absolute cuts in the poorest places have thus been six times larger than in the least deprived."

https://nhsfunding.info/symptoms/10-effects-of-underfunding/cuts-to-frontline-services/

So much so that i'm able to back up what i posted citing information from credible and reliable sources......unlike you who provided nothing other than a futile attempt at discrediting. Next time try a bit harder.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-04-23 8:02 AM

Bulletguy - 2020-04-22 8:04 PM

It is the poorest communities that are being hit the hardest by these cuts in public health.

where they are dying for lack of ventilators whilst BoJo occupies one he didn't use

More Loser Lies *-) ..........

Has the NHS said they have run out of ventilators? ;-) ..........

Archived