Global Warming

Guest starspirit

Point taken Dave,

As I have said earlier on this thread - it seems that some have a need for a potential disaster just around the corner.

Possibly it is part of our collective psyche in that Man has often sacrificed something or someone in the past to ensure that the sun rises or the crops don't fail.

Now some want us to sacrifice our future development in the belief that Climate Change = Catastrophe.

I personally think that baring a Comet Strike, the Sun going Nova or Dr Who failing to thwart the Darleks, we will all be here in 2050 (well perhaps not all of us due to natural causes) and it may well be as warm as it was in Roman and Medieval times but I doubt the doom and gloom merchants are any more accurate than the average horoscope.

;-)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest starspirit

So there it is then, according to the BBC, and we all know about the integrity of the BBC don't we? All together now 'yes minister'.

It seems now that GW and CO2 have little to do with 4x4s and more to do with a geezer called Pete Bogs who gives off more CO2 in a week than you and I do in a lifetime. All together now 'of course minister;.

It must be true because 'scientists' say so and the BBC would never transmit an unfounded story now would they? All together now 'no minister'.

I now wait for Grasping Gordon to tax this awful Pete Bogs according to his irresponsible actions in allowing so much gas to escape unchecked and the environment agency to fine him for unlawful pollution as well as the Inland Revenue taxing him 150% windfall tax on such an over zealous emission.

All together now 'we commend these measures to the house, minister'.

And you wonder why we get cynical?????????????????????????

Is that why they made the wonderful 'nature' film about the dancing penguin recently then? Absolutely stonking but the over-dubbing of an Elvis-esque voice on the daddy penguin was a bit too much to believe, until then it had me convinced it was real. :D

You made me laugh!

The error, of course, is with the polar bears bbq'ing penguins.  Contrary to both popular belief and a recently published English school book on natural history, polar bears and penguins exist at opposite ends of the world and never meet!  Unless of course the penguins are on holiday, or the polar bears have a great supermarket nearby!

Archived