Strikeback Alarm Fitted By VanBitz Question

rian

Hi,

I have a 2017 Autotrail Imala fitted with a Strikeback alarm.

I have just checked on the van (it’s in storage so haven’t been able to get to it) and the vehicle battery is completely flat. The alarm doesn’t respond to the fob and there is nothing when you turn the key, so completely flat. The alarm was armed when I left the van (about 2 months ago).

I will have to remove the battery to charge it as I have no way of charging in situ, so I was wondering if anyone knew what effect this will have on the alarm as it was definitely armed when I left it. It says in the alarm handbook to make sure it is off before disconnecting the battery.

Thanks,

Ian

Have you tried turning the alarm off with the fob ? I think the alarm black box may be powered by a separate small stand-by battery to keep the basic electronic module live.

If in doubt send Vanbitz an email, assuming you are on their database as the registered owner.

When you get the battery charged, connect positive terminal....then connect the negative with a quick seamless move. Otherwise the alarm will trigger. This was a tip given to me by Vanbitz.

I’ve had Strike back alarms fitted by Van-Bitz on my last two vans, never had any problems. Often had the battery run. Completely flat on the last one. All that’s happened to me was when either jump start or removing battery charging and re connecting is the alarm would sound just turned it off with the fob as usual. When I sold the last one fitted with s

StrikeBack to a Dealer it has a Tracker also fitted by Eddie. The dealer had it in stock for nearly a year so every now and again I would get a message the battery was running low then nothing. Then a message the alarm had gone off, presumably when the dealer started it up.

Archived