Some education for Tweedledum and Tweedledee

Bulletguy

pelmetman - 2020-05-03 10:32 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-05-03 10:29 PM

pelmetman - 2020-05-03 10:19 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-05-03 10:15 PM

Thats per 1000 infection cases you dummy. Their death total is 7,703 whilst UK is 28,466 the second highest death toll in Europe and third highest in the world.

Their population

Look.......you've been asked this question way before you began squirming so STOP DEFLECTING and ANSWER the damn question.

Please have the decency to ANSWER Brians question regarding the actions Greece took;

"Is this not the sort of example you expect from the UK?"

The reply is very simple. Either you agree UK should have followed their example over strict measures and early lockdown, or you disagree. Which is it?

Do you think Belgium should have followed their example? >:-) .........

The question wasn't about Belgium....it was about Greece and the strict measures they took very early on. You were asked the question OVER FOUR HOURS back, never replied and done your utmost to duck, dive and deflect. Of course we all know why.

Question; "Is this not the sort of example you expect from the UK?"

The reply is very simple. Either you agree UK should have followed their example over strict measures and early lockdown, or you disagree. WHICH IS IT?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-03 10:39 PM

Thats per 1000 infection cases you dummy. Their death total is 7,703 whilst UK is 28,466 the second highest death toll in Europe and third highest in the world.

Their population

Look.......you've been asked this question way before you began squirming so STOP DEFLECTING and ANSWER the damn question.

Please have the decency to ANSWER Brians question regarding the actions Greece took;

The reply is very simple. Either you agree UK should have followed their example over strict measures and early lockdown, or you disagree. Which is it?

The question wasn't about Belgium....it was about Greece and the strict measures they took very early on. You were asked the question OVER FOUR HOURS back, never replied and done your utmost to duck, dive and deflect. Of course we all know why.

The reply is very simple. Either you agree UK should have followed their example over strict measures and early lockdown, or you disagree. WHICH IS IT?

Well I'm asking you..... why do you blame Boris for not taking the same actions as Greece did, when obviously Belgium, Spain, Italy etc etc didn't? >:-) ........

But we know why dont we Bullet? ;-) .........

Because it p*ss's all over yours and Brian's attempt at Boris bashing (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

That's enough Loser bashing for tonight :D ..........

Nite nite Losers :-> .......

pelmetman - 2020-05-03 10:47 PM

Their population

Well I'm asking you.....

You get to ask that AFTER you've answered that question put to you almost FIVE HOURS ago PLUS endless times since so stop squirming and answer the damn question.

edit; Quelle surprise......i see you ran off!! *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-03 10:54 PM

Their population

Well I'm asking you.....

You get to ask that AFTER you've answered that question put to you almost FIVE HOURS ago PLUS endless times since so stop squirming and answer the damn question.

So you want an answer? :-| .........

I know Boris his government the NHS the military and all those in the frontline are doing a heroic job fighting the Chinky flu B-) ........

I also know which country is RESPONSIBLE for the worldwide infections of 3,578,798 and the deaths of 248,423, they are also RESPONSIBLE for the economic sh*tstorm we are all going to have to weather......CHINA!!!! >:-( ........

I now know how low "some" Remoaners will stoop, by weaponising a GLOBAL PANDEMIC to attack Boris ........Hindsight proves I was wrong in thinking my contempt for you was as low as it could go.......You and your ilk are actually beneath contempt *-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-05-04 9:12 AM

Their population

Well I'm asking you.....

I know Boris his government the NHS the military and all those in the frontline are doing a heroic job fighting the Chinky flu B-) ........

So after Brian posted detail of how Greece had enforced strict measures and early lockdown, you actually disagree with the action they took........staggering to know you prefer to let citizens needlessly die. 8-)

And it's taken FIFTEEN HOURS to drag that out of you. The rest of your post is the usual deflection and drivel. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-04 3:33 PM

pelmetman - 2020-05-04 9:12 AM

Their population

Well I'm asking you.....

So after Brian posted detail of how Greece had enforced strict measures and early lockdown, you actually disagree with the action they took........staggering to know you prefer to let citizens needlessly die. 8-)

And it's taken FIFTEEN HOURS to drag that out of you. The rest of your post is the usual deflection and drivel. *-)

Unlike You & Brian I don't use Hindsh*te to attack my government *-) ........

You two muppets are well suited to each other >:-) .........

The likeness is uncanny 8-) .......

(lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Statler_and_Waldorf.jpg.4aca2734b99d2255a7949019dfc9e792.jpg

Waldorf.jpg.186e49d8b9bc84ab1110d9a4984f349f.jpg

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-05-04 5:00 PM

Oh feckin ell. That is funny, has to be said.

No way did you photoshop that on your own though Dave. You must have got a grown up to help.

All my own work :-D ......

I've been playing with my new computors knobs :D .........

pelmetman - 2020-05-03 9:20 PM...........................…

So?..........Why aren't you and Brian using them to condem the actions of Italy, Spain, France......OR even Belgium? ;-) .........

Seeing as Belgium's mortality rates are the highest in the EU 8-) ..........

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-25/why-the-world-s-highest-virus-death-rate-is-in-europe-s-capital

Good link Dave, you should have read it - you know, all of it, not just the headline! :-D

Why do we not condemn other countries? For myself, because I don't live, or vote, or pay taxes, in those other countries. I live, and vote, and pay taxes in the UK, and it is the performance of the UK, and its government, that are relevant to how well I, and my fellow countrymen, can live. You were wasting time looking around for others who appear to you to be doing worse that we are, because it seems to make you feel more secure.

So, I gave you Greece as an example, despite being in economic trouble, of a country that has handled Covid 19 far better than the UK. It illustrates the foolishness of looking only for false comfort among those doing worse, don't you think? Your reply was that the numbers are meaningless because they all count differently. True, but it doesn't stop you clinging to those same numbers when they tell the story that makes you feel comfortable, does it?

Clinging to figures you admit to suspecting because they give you a sense of security is foolish self-deception. But if it makes you happy, Dave, so be it. :-D I'll just soldier on with reality, in as far as I can find it, and continue to post critical or favourable opinions where reality says they are due.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-05-04 6:53 PM

pelmetman - 2020-05-03 9:20 PM...........................…

So?..........Why aren't you and Brian using them to condem the actions of Italy, Spain, France......OR even Belgium? ;-) .........

Seeing as Belgium's mortality rates are the highest in the EU 8-) ..........

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-25/why-the-world-s-highest-virus-death-rate-is-in-europe-s-capital

Good link Dave, you should have read it - you know, all of it, not just the headline! :-D

Why do we not condemn other countries? For myself, because I don't live, or vote, or pay taxes, in those other countries. I live, and vote, and pay taxes in the UK, and it is the performance of the UK, and its government, that are relevant to how well I, and my fellow countrymen, can live. You were wasting time looking around for others who appear to you to be doing worse that we are, because it seems to make you feel more secure.

So, I gave you Greece as an example, despite being in economic trouble, of a country that has handled Covid 19 far better than the UK. It illustrates the foolishness of looking only for false comfort among those doing worse, don't you think? Your reply was that the numbers are meaningless because they all count differently. True, but it doesn't stop you clinging to those same numbers when they tell the story that makes you feel comfortable, does it?

Clinging to figures you admit to suspecting because they give you a sense of security is foolish self-deception. But if it makes you happy, Dave, so be it. :-D I'll just soldier on with reality, in as far as I can find it, and continue to post critical or favourable opinions where reality says they are due.

Cobblers Worldorf......sorry I mean Brian :D ........

You gave Greece as an example because they were lucky ;-) ......

You didn't give Belgium as an example because they weren't lucky :-| ......

BTW you only have another 57 days to soldier on :D .......

Oh dear.....its been another bad day for Pelmet in his little echo chamber.

The head of the EU’s agency for disease control has warned that the UK is one of five European countries failing to reduce active coronavirus infections, despite Boris Johnson’s claims of success.

Andrea Ammon, the director of the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), suggested on Monday that the UK had yet to progress as far as the majority of European countries in tackling the disease.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/04/uk-behind-most-european-states-in-tackling-coronavirus-says-agency

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-04 7:50 PM

The head of the EU’s agency for disease control has warned that the UK is one of five European countries failing to reduce active coronavirus infections, despite Boris Johnson’s claims of success.

Andrea Ammon, the director of the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), suggested on Monday that the UK had yet to progress as far as the majority of European countries in tackling the disease.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/04/uk-behind-most-european-states-in-tackling-coronavirus-says-agency

Oh dear the EU is trying to score points *-) .........

From Brussell's that is in Belgium with the worst mortality rates in the world 8-) ......

pelmetman - 2020-05-04 7:54 PM

From Brussell's that is in Belgium with the worst mortality rates in the world 8-) ......

They don't need to and as you keep banging on about Belgium which you now say has the worst mortality rate in the world at 7,924......please state the current mortality rate for US and UK.

Brian Kirby - 2020-05-03 6:36 PM

pelmetman - 2020-05-02 6:41 PM.......................

So why aren't you slagging of Max's country? ;-) ..........

Or Spain or France?........ie countries that are comparable to ours >:-) ........

Was our NHS overwhelmed like they were in Italy and Spain? :-| ........

I await your MATURE ADULT SENSIBLE reply :D ........

Dave, instead of seeking comfort in shared mediocrity, why not compere the UK to the EU's best? Is this not the sort of example you expect from the UK. I do. From Wiki:

"The 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic first appeared in Greece on 26 February 2020 when the first COVID-19 case, a 38-year-old woman from Thessaloniki who had recently visited ?orthern Italy, was confirmed. Subsequent cases in late February and early March related to people who had travelled to Italy and a group of pilgrims who had travelled to Israel and Egypt, as well as their contacts. The first death from COVID-19 in Greece was a 66-year-old man, who died on 12 March. As of 3 May 2020, there have been 2,626 confirmed cases and 144 deaths.

Following the confirmation of the first three cases in Greece, on 27 February all carnival events in the country were cancelled. Health and state authorities issued precautionary guidelines and recommendations, while measures up to early March were taken locally and included the closure of schools and the suspension of cultural events in the affected areas (particularly Ilia, Achaea and Zakynthos). On 10 March, with 89 confirmed cases and no deaths in the country, the government decided to suspend the operation of educational institutions of all levels nationwide and then, on 13 March, to close down all cafes, bars, museums, shopping centres, sports facilities and restaurants in the country. On 16 March, all retail shops were also closed, two villages in Kozani were quarantined, and all services in all areas of religious worship of any religion or dogma were suspended. On 18 and 19 March, the government announced a series of measures of more than 10 billion euros to support the economy, businesses and employees.

On 22 March, the Greek authorities announced restrictions on all non-essential movement throughout the country, starting from 6 a.m on 23 March. Since that date, movement outside the house is permitted only for seven categories of reasons: i) moving to or from one's workplace during work hours, ii) going to the pharmacy or visiting a doctor iii) going to a food store iv) going to the bank for services not possible online, v) assisting a person in need of help vi) going to a major ritual (funeral, marriage, baptism) or movement, for divorced parents, which is essential for contact with their children, and vii) moving outdoors for exercising or taking one's pet out, individually or in pairs. Citizens leaving their homes are required to carry their police ID or passport, as well as a signed attestation in which the purpose or category of travel is stated. The Hellenic Police, the Municipal Police, the Hellenic Coast Guard and the National Transparency Authority are empowered to enforce the restrictions and can issue fines for each offence. On 4 April these restrictions were extended until 27 April and on 23 April they were extended until 4 May.[4]

The measures put in place in Greece are among the most proactive and strictest in Europe and have been credited internationally for having slowed the spread of the disease and having kept the number of deaths among the lowest in Europe.

Now, that's how to deal with a pandemic. That is what I expect from the UK. Why are you so easily satisfied? I though you were a great patriot, with great faith in what your country has achieved. Go to Greece (yes, nearly bankrupt Greece) thou sluggard, consider her ways, and be wise! :-D

By your own post Brian Greece enforced lockdown on 22nd March the UK enforced lockdown on 23nd March one day later. Both governments had advised their populations prior to those dates to avoid close contact with each-other the Greek people were sensible and did so some of our idiotic population treated it like a holiday.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-04 8:04 PM

They don't need to and as you keep banging on about Belgium which you now say has the worst mortality rate in the world at 7,924......please state the current mortality rate for US and UK.

Oh dear Bullet dear you really are as thick as mince *-) ..........

The UK has a population of 66.5 million.....Belgium has a population of 11 million.....are you keeping up? :-| .......

Their recorded death rate appears to be worse than ours even though we are using similar counting methods......

But then again they are a tiny country that has become the international train/plane station for importing Chinky flu to the EU 8-) ......

pelmetman - 2020-05-04 8:18 PM

The UK has a population of 66.5 million.....

No, no, no, stop trying to squirm your way out......you said "Belgium with the worst mortality rates in the world". So it's mortality rate we are looking at, not populations.

So, Belgium has a mortality rate of 7,924. State the mortality rate for UK and US.....and ONLY the mortality rate for those two countries please.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-04 8:29 PM

No, no, no, stop trying to squirm your way out......you said "Belgium with the worst mortality rates in the world". So it's mortality rate we are looking at, not populations.

So, Belgium has a mortality rate of 7,924. State the mortality rate for UK and US.....and ONLY the mortality rate for those two countries please.

Damn you are even thicker than I thought 8-) .......

It's no wonder you are a Lefty ;-) .......

Ask Waldorf to explain it to you :D .......

Waldorf.jpg.e54ebb4b43a94f2715eb70938e71a65b.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-05-04 8:36 PM

I knew you were too scared to post what i asked for so here you go;

MORTALITY RATES

Belgium.......7,924

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/belgium/

UK...............28,734

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

USA............69,168

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-04 8:42 PM

MORTALITY RATES

Belgium.......7,924

UK...............28,734

USA............69,168

Jesus you really are as thick as mince 8-) ......

Carry on making a prat of yourself ;-) ......

No doubt Waldorf will be along to try to save your pathetic arse soon? :-| .......

Guest pelmetman

I'm kinda thinking I now know why my teachers didn't like me when I was a kid :D .......

pelmetman - 2020-05-04 8:50 PM

MORTALITY RATES

Belgium.......7,924

UK...............28,734

USA............69,168

No doubt Waldorf will be along to try to save your pathetic arse soon? :-| .......

Its you that's thick as mince and a total prat. This was what you claimed;

You've been shown with factual links that claim is totally untrue and false but rather than admit you were wrong, you resort to silly ad homs.

Hoisted by your own petard yet again.....well and truly skewered. (lol)

Btw have you got a rug fitted to that ski slope of yours yet? (lol)(lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-04 9:01 PM

MORTALITY RATES

Belgium.......7,924

UK...............28,734

USA............69,168

You've been shown with factual links that claim is totally untrue and false but rather than admit you were wrong, you resort to silly ad homs.

My petard is quite happy where it is ;-) ......

I await your hoisting of it B-) ......

With interest :D ......

Coz Barry's been quiet (lol) ......

pelmetman - 2020-05-04 9:11 PM

MORTALITY RATES

Belgium.......7,924

UK...............28,734

USA............69,168

You make yourself look sillier by refusing to admit early on you were wrong and you fell into your own trap as you so often do.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-04 9:18 PM

pelmetman - 2020-05-04 9:11 PM

MORTALITY RATES

Belgium.......7,924

UK...............28,734

USA............69,168

You make yourself look sillier by refusing to admit early on you were wrong and you fell into your own trap as you so often do.

Yeah *-) ......

If you say so Statler :D .......

Where's Waldorf when you need him eh? >:-) .......

Archived