2012 peugeot 2.2 hdi 130bhp servicing

steveandlisa

Howdy folks,

Am i right in assuming my mo/home only requires servicing every two years. We only do about two thousand miles each year if that. Obviously we want to keep the service history book up to date. Normally I book it in for an MOT and service each year, but this year it was only booked in for its MOT. It just seems to me to be a waste of oil and oil filters every year?

regards

Steve

Peugeot advises about Boxer routine servicing on Pages 21 and 12 of this link

http://downloads.clickedit.co.uk/5542/Peugeot%20Warranty%20Info.pdf

In your case (for ’normal conditions’) the service time-interval is 2 years. (1 year for ‘arduous conditions’).

Don’t forget that, besides replacing fluids and/or filters, there are ’systematic operations’ (refer to Page 12) that should be carried out.

Derek Uzzell - 2020-05-10 9:07 AM

In your case (for ’normal conditions’) the service time-interval is 2 years. (1 year for ‘arduous conditions’).

How does Peugeot define 'arduous conditions' please?

I know that Mercedes have a similar clause for Sprinters and they then define 'arduous conditions' as including an 'annual mileage of less than 6,000 miles'.

So if Peugeot's definition was similar then Steve WOULD need an annual service.

Keith.

According to Peugeot's definition (from peuegot.co.uk) a vehicle requires 'arduous servicing' if any of these conditions apply:

Continuous use for long journeys

Use as a taxi or ambulance with an average speed below 12 mph

Use for repeated short journeys (under 6 miles) from a cold start

Extended use in cold climates, hot or dusty climates

Extended use in countries where fuel does not meet PEUGEOT recommendations

Any use of B30 biodiesel

Of course you then need their definition of 'repeated' and 'extended' too..

Deneb - 2020-05-10 9:52 AM

Keithl - 2020-05-10 9:14 AM

How does Peugeot define 'arduous conditions' please?

As stated on page 10 of the link that Derek posted ;-)

Thanks Deneb, I hadn't actually opened the link :$

On page 10 'Boxer' is asterisked and the footnote then says

* If the oil pressure warning lamp flashes, it is necessary to drain the oil and replace the oil filter as soon as possible.

If the lamp does not flash, this operation is to be carried out every 2 years, or annually if the vehicle does less than 6,000 miles per year.

So for Steve's "about two thousand miles each year" this would confirm he needs an annual service.

Keith.

Peugeot’s Boxer-related advice (also on Page 21) does not indicate that an annual service is required "if the vehicle does less than 6000 miles per year” - just that the oil and oil-filter should be changed annually if the mileage is sub-6000 miles.

So Steve could adhere to Peugeot’s guidance by having an oil/oil-filter change every year, with the additional ‘service’ tasks advised by Peugeot performed on a 2-year basis.

Archived