What are the rules

Violet1956

Violet1956 - 2020-05-22 6:54 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-05-22 6:14 PM

Violet1956 - 2020-05-22 5:35 PM

Back to the topic. Had a great result. Took the van out for a 20 mile run and it started first time. No pongs from the water waste pipe. Engine sounding sweet. If only we had somewhere to go in it. Very happy. :-D

Glad to read your good news! A fortnightly run should suffice to keep the batteries in order.

Well thanks BG. It was a huge relief. We are complete rookies when it comes to all thing’s "van". There is a solar panel on top but we have no idea whether it is doing anything to top up the batteries. We replaced both the engine and leisure batteries last year. Unbeknown to us they kept failing because we didn't turn the radio off properly.

Think it's about time the government let CLs open up. In my limited experience they offer every opportunity to keep a good distance and as there are no shared facilities there is little or no risk of passing on the virus. My guess is that our government has no real idea about what are reasonably safe activities and what are not. That said, micro managing everyone's activity is not easy. Leaving it to people's own judgement and you find that on many occasions that judgement is seriously lacking.

Glad you got a run out. Speaking to a CL owner the other day. He wasnt sure they would open at all. They are waiting to see what the bigger sites do but a lot of CL owners my just not want the hassle. If I were you though. I would phone round some of your favourite ones and sound them out. I Reckon those that open will be busy and in demand.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-05-22 2:07 PM

pelmetman - 2020-05-22 8:06 AM

Violet1956 - 2020-05-21 2:09 PM

Our van is stored about 6 miles away from our home. We think it is about time we checked whether we can start it and give it a run. It hasn’t been moved or started up since late January. Expecting the battery to be flat and the usual stench from the waste water system. I’m anxious that the self-appointed keepers of the lockdown rules will have a go at us if we were to take it out on the road to a beauty spot within reasonable distance of our home yet still within the county of Dorset. What would you do?

I'm off to Portland tip ;-) ...........

To sit in a queue for an hour again 8-) .........

So you are wrongly accusing me of putting stuff in the wrong bin, whilst abusing the domestic waste facility with commercial waste

Commercial waste??? :-S ...........

How have I got any commercial waste? 8-) ..........

I've been retired over 4 years ;-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-05-23 7:30 AM

Our van is stored about 6 miles away from our home. We think it is about time we checked whether we can start it and give it a run. It hasn’t been moved or started up since late January. Expecting the battery to be flat and the usual stench from the waste water system. I’m anxious that the self-appointed keepers of the lockdown rules will have a go at us if we were to take it out on the road to a beauty spot within reasonable distance of our home yet still within the county of Dorset. What would you do?

So you are wrongly accusing me of putting stuff in the wrong bin, whilst abusing the domestic waste facility with commercial waste

Landlord = Commercial

John52 - 2020-05-23 9:10 AM

pelmetman - 2020-05-23 7:30 AM

Landlord = Commercial

Eh ... Rubbish from his own home = Commercial ... Thats sloppy , like what you chuck in the bin

Archived