The Israel-Palestian Problem

StuartO

pelmetman - 2020-06-26 4:57 PM

jumpstart - 2020-06-26 4:32 PM

pelmetman - 2020-06-26 4:26 PM

jumpstart - 2020-06-26 4:20 PM

Without armed struggle,nothing is likely to change.

https://apple.news/AGDMMu6ZIS8C6C_scbAvDOQ

How very Viking, Roman, Saxon, Norman, etc etc *-) .......

Seems to me the Palestians need to get on with the new normal :-| .......

We have and are having to do again ;-) ........

White priviledge is a bitch 8-) .........

I have absolutely no idea what all that means.

It means you, like a lot of folk either know nothing of Britains history ;-) ........

Or for polictical bandwagon purposes you prefer to ignore it *-) ..........

But, you are comparing mediaeval history, when taking land by conquest was the accepted norm - to the victor the spoils - with modern, post WW2 practise as established through the United Nations and in particular the fourth Geneva convention, which hold that such acquisitions are illegal in international law.

Some of us would like to think that humanity advanced a bit post 1949, and that the idea of international law, backed by international treaties, should prevail over the whimsical rule of robber barons.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Kirby - 2020-06-26 6:20 PM

It means you, like a lot of folk either know nothing of Britains history ;-) ........

But, you are comparing mediaeval history, when taking land by conquest was the accepted norm - to the victor the spoils - with modern, post WW2 practise as established through the United Nations and in particular the fourth Geneva convention, which hold that such acquisitions are illegal in international law.

Some of us would like to think that humanity advanced a bit post 1949, and that the idea of international law, backed by international treaties, should prevail over the whimsical rule of robber barons.

Maybe ask the most persecuted in the world if humanity has "advanced a bit" ... Doubt they'll agree ... Maybe you can quote "international law" and "international treaties" at em to make em feel better

Birdbrain - 2020-06-26 6:25 PM

....................................But, you are comparing mediaeval history, when taking land by conquest was the accepted norm - to the victor the spoils - with modern, post WW2 practise as established through the United Nations and in particular the fourth Geneva convention, which hold that such acquisitions are illegal in international law.

Maybe ask the most persecuted in the world if humanity has "advanced a bit" ... Doubt they'll agree ... Maybe you can quote "international law" and "international treaties" at em to make em feel better

Well, if I knew who, or what, you have in mind, I might be able to help you. :-)

You are absolutely right the Palestinian’s are waiting for International law to have some effect on the Israeli’s.

Brian Kirby - 2020-06-26 6:53 PM

....................................But, you are comparing mediaeval history, when taking land by conquest was the accepted norm - to the victor the spoils - with modern, post WW2 practise as established through the United Nations and in particular the fourth Geneva convention, which hold that such acquisitions are illegal in international law.

Well, if I knew who, or what, you have in mind, I might be able to help you. :-)

Silly Billy ... I dont believe you'd ever "be able to help" anyone that holds a different view to you ... Christians as you well know

jumpstart - 2020-06-26 7:07 PM

You are absolutely right the Palestinian’s are waiting for International law to have some effect on the Israeli’s.

No need for rockets , bombs , knives and guns then on Palestinians and your part ... Brilliant

Birdbrain - 2020-06-26 7:16 PM

jumpstart - 2020-06-26 7:07 PM

No need for rockets , bombs , knives and guns then on Palestinians and your part ... Brilliant

What you mean ,Israeli bombs presumably , that’s why they are legitimate targets.

Guest pelmetman

Yeah tell that to Saddam and Iraq ;-) ........

Oh you cant.....Coz like the Palestinians he and they lost......and like the Palestianians they now have a grudge against the West *-) .......

If you think Islam gives a sh*t about Western humanity and culture you are far more delluded than I thought 8-) .....

pelmetman - 2020-06-26 8:31 PM

Oh you cant.....Coz like the Palestinians he and they lost......and like the Palestianians they now have a grudge against the West *-) .......

If you think Islam gives a sh*t about Western humanity and culture you are far more delluded than I thought 8-) .....

Just to reverse your last point; what do you think of Islam?

Guest pelmetman
Nicepix - 2020-06-26 7:35 PM

As a Infidel/Nonbeliever......and having read the book ;-) ........

I have no reason to trust them :-| .......

pelmetman - 2020-06-26 8:39 PM

So basically you hold the same contempt for Islam that you claim Islam holds for the West. Does that not explain a lot of today's problems?

Guest pelmetman
Nicepix - 2020-06-26 7:45 PM

So basically you hold the same contempt for Islam that you claim Islam holds for the West. Does that not explain a lot of today's problems?

The difference is I have yet to murder anyone for my beliefs ;-) ........

How about you Frank?.........are you a God botherer? :D .......

pelmetman - 2020-06-26 7:50 PM

And the same applies to 99% of all Muslims.

jumpstart - 2020-06-26 8:25 PM

Many are guilty by association

Guest pelmetman

Well if you want to talk percentages ;-) ...........

Just 5% of our population make up 90% of the terrorists in our prisons *-) ...........

Birdbrain - 2020-06-28 8:49 AM

Many are guilty by association

And equally we are all guilty of association with Bliar's Wars and Dubbya's Wars.

A good starting point, if wanting to understand the complexities of the problem, might be to download a document entitled The Origins and Complexities of the Palestine Problem, published by the United Nations. Free download here: http://tinyurl.com/y7axutwk

It is lengthy, but about as factual as is achievable given the passage of time and the emotions and vested interests involved. Enjoy! :-)

Brian Kirby - 2020-07-01 1:19 PM

A good starting point, if wanting to understand the complexities of the problem, might be to download a document entitled The Origins and Complexities of the Palestine Problem, published by the United Nations. Free download here: http://tinyurl.com/y7axutwk

It is lengthy, but about as factual as is achievable given the passage of time and the emotions and vested interests involved. Enjoy! :-)

Have you checked its' accuracy with Dave Pelmet before supplying that link Brian ?

;-)

malc d - 2020-07-01 1:27 PM

Have you checked its' accuracy with Dave Pelmet before supplying that link Brian ? ;-)

I know. Tricky knowing who to rely on between Dave and the UN, innit! :-D

Have you checked its' accuracy with Dave Pelmet before supplying that link Brian ?

;-)

Soon as he sees there's lots of words and no pictures he'll dismiss it as 'Lefty, Loser, Liberal, Marxist, Commie, Remoaner, Boris bashing'. :-S

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-07-01 3:37 PM

;-)

Soon as he sees there's lots of words and no pictures he'll dismiss it as 'Lefty, Loser, Liberal, Marxist, Commie, Remoaner, Boris bashing'. :-S

Thanks for the heads up ;-) .........

I wont bother reading it :D ..........

Anyone who thinks the Israel/Palestian problem can be solved is just another stupid Canute........aka Loony Lefty Marxist Loser Commie Remoaner >:-) .........

Archived