Overcrowded beaches

John52

jumpstart - 2020-06-29 12:19 PM

Is it any different than the annual flock to Glastonbury. I like a lot of the music but would not want to put up with the hell surrounding you.

One of my daughters decided not to go this year, though cancelled, which would have been the 6th time,she said she just could face all the hardships anymore.

Glastonbury is cancelled though because of Covid. I think the issues in Bournemouth and other smaller isolated incidents is the infrastructure and services cannot cope with such numbers not to mention the massive risk its bringing to the local population and then them all spreading it wherever they came from.

pepe63 - 2020-06-29 11:34 AM

Just what is the attraction of driving many hours in order to just crowd in/onto the likes of Bournemouth and Durdle Door beaches? :-S

With the amount of footage we are getting from those areas, are we suppose to believe that they are only bits of coast that folk have headed to? (or are they just handy for the outside broadcast crew to access?...)

Either way, be it crowding onto busy beaches- or into busy shopping centres- or clogging up roads queueing at drive-thru McDonalds- or massing on the streets fo illegal street parties/raves- so much for the new, more careing, less selfish society that was talked of/hoped for, during lockdown! *-)

Did they know it would be that crowded when they set off?

Barryd999 - 2020-06-29 10:41 AM

Restricting nationwide travel would stop people from far and wide travelling to the same spots which is what they are doing.

How do you work that out?

Common sense suggests if many people live in a confined area, and they can't travel far, that area would be overcrowded.

Just as long as it's Not In My Back Yard eh

We dont want them here

*-)

Well maybe they don't want you there either,

but at least they seem to realise you have the same right to be there as them

all it needs now is for you to realise they have the same right to our public spaces as you.

malc d - 2020-06-29 12:28 PM

jumpstart - 2020-06-29 12:19 PM

Is it any different than the annual flock to Glastonbury.

Are there many alternatives to Glastonbury ?

( Not being a fan of modern pop " music " I wouldn't know )

;-)

x

I just ment the mindset really, going to a place where the toilets are crap,the weather is crap(normally) ,the beer is warm, it’s a tent city, most people smoke dope, you can’t get near the stage......yet they go every year.

John52 - 2020-06-29 12:39 PM

Restricting nationwide travel would stop people from far and wide travelling to the same spots which is what they are doing.

Common sense suggests if many people live in a confined area, and they can't travel far, that area would be overcrowded.

We dont want them here

*-)

all it needs now is for you to realise they have the same right to our public spaces as you.

A 25 mile radius of a town is flaming massive. Lets say all the people in Middlesbrough were allowed to go 25 miles in any direction. Tons of places they can go. Same maybe applied in Bournemouth would have prevented half a million people turning up.

I dont want scumbags, law breakers, Gas sniffers, drunken violent yobs carrying Coronavirus in my back yard. Normal visitors, welcome indeed as long as they follow the rules.

Anyway with any luck Middlesbrough will end up like Leicester on lock down soon the way they have been carrying on. I feel sorry for the majority of good people who live there but their morons are out of control.

We dont want them here

*-)

You clearly have no common sense then - unless the confined area you describe has only one road in and out to an island!

A 25, or even 50 mile radius would have made more sense - like France for example. Unfortunately that wouldn't have suited your 'Patsap' lifestyle - [parking anywhere to sleep and poop] remit though.

Barryd999 - 2020-06-29 1:31 PM

We dont want them here

*-)

A 25 mile radius of a town is flaming massive. Lets say all the people in Middlesbrough were allowed to go 25 miles in any direction. Tons of places they can go. Same maybe applied in Bournemouth would have prevented half a million people turning up.

I dont want scumbags, law breakers, Gas sniffers, drunken violent yobs carrying Coronavirus in my back yard. Normal visitors, welcome indeed as long as they follow the rules.

Anyway with any luck Middlesbrough will end up like Leicester on lock down soon the way they have been carrying on. I feel sorry for the majority of good people who live there but their morons are out of control.

Common sense that if Teeside was restricted to 25 miles then places like Seaton Carew would be ovewhelmed. Makes sense for some to go further afield for social distancing. They are not spreading the virus whilst inside their cars so it makes little difference how far they drive.

Of course no one wants drunken violent yobs and litter louts etc but there are laws to deal with that.

You can't ban everyone, including the law abiding majority, in case a minority might break the law.

By that logic nobody would be allowed out including you.

globebuster - 2020-06-29 6:31 PM

A 25, or even 50 mile radius would have made more sense -

It would to selfish Nimbys like you trying to steal Our public property for yourselves.

Why do you think they choose to drive over 25 miles? *-)

John52 - 2020-06-29 6:55 PM

globebuster - 2020-06-29 6:31 PM

A 25, or even 50 mile radius would have made more sense -

It would to selfish Nimbys like you trying to steal Our public property for yourselves.

Why do you think they choose to drive over 25 miles? *-)

So I'm a nimby according to you - Trying to steal 'Our' public property! FFS !

Listen to yourself - What a dozy drama queen you are - you really do have nimby paranoia, time to lay off the sauce methinks.

Why do you resent people who might live in a nicer place than you appear to, and actually own a real Motorhome 8-) ......

..........Like me

globebuster - 2020-06-29 7:16 PM

Why do you resent people who might live in a nicer place than you appear to, and actually own a real Motorhome 8-) ......

..........Like me

Because you are trying to steal public property, like Cornwall's beaches, for yourself

John52 - 2020-06-29 9:47 PM

globebuster - 2020-06-29 7:16 PM

..........Like me

Because you are trying to steal public property, like Cornwall's beaches, for yourself

Are you really that paranoid?

How could anyone steal a bloody beach? - I think you're suffering from a bout of histrionics - you'll be swooning like some old victorian tart who's girdles too tight in a minute.

The only thing I 'steal' from Cornwall's beaches is Flotsam and Jetsam, sadly most of it comes in with the 'scum' during the summer months.

John52 - 2020-06-29 11:15 PM

globebuster - 2020-06-29 10:25 PM

How could anyone steal a bloody beach?

By trying to tell us we can't go to our beach

THE beach I think you'll find.

I think it's time you put the cork back in the bottle you'll be hearing voices in your head if you carry on.

You do talk utter b*****ks

globebuster - 2020-06-30 1:24 AM

I think it's time you put the cork back in the bottle you'll be hearing voices in your head if you carry on.

The beach belongs to EVERYONE so its OUR beach.

Its not your beach.

So you have no right to say who is welcome on it, and who isn't.

Thats Tantamount to trying to steal our beach for yourself >:-)

and is a recipe for trouble.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-30 5:58 AM

Its not your beach.

Wrong........the Queen owns the majority of beaches ;-) ..........

So a bit of gratitude for her allowing you to use them is in order >:-) .........

John52 - 2020-06-29 6:51 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-29 1:31 PM

We dont want them here

*-)

Common sense that if Teeside was restricted to 25 miles then places like Seaton Carew would be ovewhelmed. Makes sense for some to go further afield for social distancing. They are not spreading the virus whilst inside their cars so it makes little difference how far they drive.

Of course no one wants drunken violent yobs and litter louts etc but there are laws to deal with that.

You can't ban everyone, including the law abiding majority, in case a minority might break the law.

By that logic nobody would be allowed out including you.

I doubt everyone would be flocking to Seaton Carew. Have you been there? There are literally hundreds of places you could lose yourself in a 25 mile radius. Miles of coast, countryside, dales and hills and thats likely the same all over the country. The problems occur when everyone flocks to the most popular spots way beyond that distance. Just look at Bournemouth as a prime example. Of course they are not spreading the virus whilst in the car, its once they get there they are putting others at risk and of course once they return home having been in close contact with many others in crowds.

You say there are laws to deal with the louts but there is not enough police to deal with it and they dont have enough powers. Nobody is talking about banning everyone, just reducing the distance for leisure travel.

Of course you were bound to support this kind of thing seeing as you trundled around the country breaking the law throughout lockdown putting others at risk.

Barryd999 - 2020-06-30 8:52 AM

You say there are laws to deal with the louts but there is not enough police to deal with it and they dont have enough powers. Nobody is talking about banning everyone, just reducing the distance for leisure travel.

Of course you were bound to support this kind of thing seeing as you trundled around the country breaking the law throughout lockdown putting others at risk.

Police have enough powers - people don't break the law if they think they will get caught.

There are never going to be enough police to watch everyone

You need to police by consent, which requires the Prime Minister and his Henchman, Duke of Cornwall etc to obey their own laws themselves. I have no symptoms and the most risky thing I have done is go shopping like everyone else. A far cry from taking the virus to second homes and the retinue of servants who have to clean up after them like they did.

My problem might be trying to get back into Scotland if Nicola Sturgeon restricts people coming from England.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/29/sturgeon-refuses-to-rule-out-scotland-screening-visitors-from-england

But I think she is spot on when she says '“I would really welcome a statement from the prime minister that England’s strategy was about trying to eliminate the virus as well, as opposed to what appears to me to be letting it circulate at higher levels as long as it doesn’t threaten or overwhelm the National Health Service.'

The fact people with symptoms were told to not even call 111 - just go home to die and not be counted, and infected people were sent from hospital into totally unprepared care homes, shows it was more about protecting the NHS for political purposes, than protecting us.

John52 - 2020-06-30 5:58 AM

........No it's just THE beach and belongs to nobody.

Its not your beach.

......I never said it was.

.......I quite agree - in normal times.

..........Do you realise how stupid that sounds - you didn't seem to have much trouble utilising the beaches, whilst the lockdown was on.If I recall you considered everyone else stupid for not following your law-breaking example.

The recipe for trouble is when there is an unprecedented mass invasion from far and wide - as we've already witnessed.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-30 9:31 AM

Police have enough powers - people don't break the law if they think they will get caught.

You need to police by consent, which requires the Prime Minister and his Henchman, Duke of Cornwall etc to obey their own laws themselves. I have no symptoms and the most risky thing I have done is go shopping like everyone else. A far cry from taking the virus to second homes and the retinue of servants who have to clean up after them like they did.

My problem might be trying to get back into Scotland if Nicola Sturgeon restricts people coming from England.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/29/sturgeon-refuses-to-rule-out-scotland-screening-visitors-from-england

But I think she is spot on when she says '“I would really welcome a statement from the prime minister that England’s strategy was about trying to eliminate the virus as well, as opposed to what appears to me to be letting it circulate at higher levels as long as it doesn’t threaten or overwhelm the National Health Service.'

The fact people with symptoms were told to not even call 111 - just go home to die and not be counted, and infected people were sent from hospital into totally unprepared care homes, shows it was more about protecting the NHS for political purposes, than protecting us.

Yeah Mr Marxist ;-) .......

Sh*t stir as much as you like :D .......

Us Brits have got you Losers sussed >:-) ......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

Not a hint of a change from Decembers election B-) .......

Crawl back to your swamp Losers >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-06-30 7:56 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

Doesn't say that

Do you ever read the links you post *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-30 9:20 PM

Doesn't say that

Given the way your warped Lefty mind reads stuff ;-) ........

I'm happy to accept what the polls tell me, rather than the sh*te you Marxist polly's try to tell me >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2020-06-30 9:33 PM

I'm happy to accept what the polls tell me, .......

But you obviously haven't understood the figures in your own link.

Perhaps a picture might help?

So at least look at the graph at the top of the page in the link you posted

Which shows the gap between Labour and Conservative narrowing.

Why do you think that is?

I don't want to complicate things too much but if you manage to do that perhaps you could look at the others showing Keir Starmers approval rating overtaking BoJo.

pelmetman - 2020-06-30 9:33 PM

John52 - 2020-06-30 9:20 PM

Doesn't say that

Given the way your warped Lefty mind reads stuff ;-) ........

I'm happy to accept what the polls tell me, rather than the sh*te you Marxist polly's try to tell me >:-) .......

Still denigrating your Brexit supporting friends i see. Hypocrite. *-)

https://www.cpbml.org.uk/leave

Archived