Bulletguy - 2020-07-10 3:14 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-07-10 8:41 AM

John52 - 2020-07-10 7:12 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-07-09 2:19 PM

John52 - 2020-07-09 1:56 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-07-09 10:04 AM

John52 - 2020-07-09 9:28 AM

Taxing the poor to subsidise stamp duty holiday and meals for the rich

Should we really be subsidising the better off to eat in pubs and restaurants where the risk of spreading the plague is greater?

Crikey ... To eat out now you have to be "rich" ... Motorhome owners like you must be super rich then if those that have a pub lunch are "rich" ... Hate on ... If the "poor" cant afford to eat out then at least they wont catch Chins Virus will they

Millions are reliant on charity food banks

But the chancellor would rather subsidise restaurants.

Chuckle ... "Millions are reliant on food banks" ... Proof ??? ... Your funny

You might think its funny for people to be reliant on charity food banks but I don't.

You cant show "millions are reliant on food banks" ... Chuckle

It doesn't take much to find that 1.6 million people used foodbanks last year, an increase of 250,000 from the previous year and the chart shows how the number has increased relentlessly over the past ten years. However that figure was from Trussell Trust foodbanks only and as there are hundreds of other independent foodbanks run by different charities supplying, it's perfectly within reason that "millions are reliant on foodbanks".

https://tinyurl.com/y9j59k9p

Errr ... Even if that figure is correct its not "millions" is it?

Engage brain instead of looking for childish pedantry.

It's been clearly explained to you the figures on that link are from the Trussell Trust only who themselves state; "Trussell Trust figures cannot be used to fully explain the scale of the food poverty across the UK, because our figures only relate to Trussell Trust foodbanks and not to the hundreds of other independent food aid providers."

So taking those into consideration along with the fact Trussell Trust account for 1.6 million (note; plural), it's perfectly within reason that "millions are reliant on foodbanks".

Meantime, read and learn. https://www.trusselltrust.org/2015/04/24/eleven-foodbank-myths-you-must-not-fall-for/

Then show "millions" princess .

To use one of your own silly terms, i'll translate. The Trussell Trust figure alone is more than a million. Got that bit now? Good. Now listen up for the next bit. The Trussell Trust state; our figures only relate to Trussell Trust foodbanks and not to the hundreds of other independent food aid providers." So as the Trussell Trust is well in excess of a million and there are "hundreds of other independent food aid providers", it's logical there will be 'millions' reliant on foodbanks.

If you still cannot grasp that then as usual you're just trolling with childish pedantry being your typical bolshie self. Finally Antony, persist in insulting the same fm's with your effeminate 'put downs', then expect the same back.

Most food bank users in my experience are druggies, drunks and freeloaders who dont need to rely on food banks , they choose to

I'm calling you out on that rubbish. PROVE it. Thats what you're always asking others for so lets see it. You claim "most are druggies and freeloaders who don't need to rely on food banks" so you must have plenty of evidence. Post it up Motormouth.

One day you might fall on your ass and be wondering where help and empathy is. Imo that's the only way you, and people like you, will ever learn and in your case, the harder it hits the better.

My evidence is what I see Princess ... Come over here on Wednesday lunchtime and I will take you to see for yaself ... You've asked for evidence and called me "Motormouth" so I offer you an invite to witness for once something first hand, so put up or shut up (PM if you dare take up the invite) ... Homophobe

John52 - 2020-07-11 11:12 PM

You might know a couple of drug addicts using a foodbank, and point them out.

But its irrelevant to the millions of others

Are they the same "millions" who are "reliant" on food banks ... Chuckle ... Your funny

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-07-11 8:07 AM

Brian Kirby - 2020-07-10 7:20 PM

the poor don't pay tax. T

Yes they do. They don't pay income tax, but recent English Governments have cut income tax (helping the better off) and replaced it with stealth taxes that everyone pays. Hence the widening gap between rich and poor.

Is there tax on food (?) .............and I mean food ;-) .........

Not the junk food some folk seem to prefer *-) .........

Birdbrain - 2020-07-12 6:37 AM

Are they the same "millions" who are "reliant" on food banks ... Chuckle ... Your funny

thousands of children admitted to hospital with malnutrition this year; https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jul/12/cases-of-child-malnutrition-double-in-last-six-months

John52 - 2020-07-12 5:11 PM

thousands of children admitted to hospital with malnutrition this year; https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jul/12/cases-of-child-malnutrition-double-in-last-six-months

Parents should be locked up ... Spend money on fags, beer and the latest mobile phones ... Disgusting

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2020-07-12 5:32 PM

John52 - 2020-07-12 5:11 PM

Parents should be locked up ... Spend money on fags, beer and the latest mobile phones ... Disgusting

I wonder what Johns**tdumper would say about the kids down here where he spent his lockdown? :-| .......

Those kids who were given laptops and phones to home school........yet their drugy parents sold them in days *-) .......

Archived