Shorts

Guest Teeceeoone

One point about wearing shorts worth being aware of,

I always wear my shorts when its hot and a few times now i have been getting out of the motorhome which is a Fiat 2.8 base and have ended up hitched up by the leg of my shorts hanging. The last time it happened i bent the handbrake out and it could have been nasty as i was pretty close to a cliff and on a slope.

Has this happened to anybody else with a Fiat.

Guest peter
Your'e supposed to take off your shorts before you get the Sheep to the edge of the mountain. Or were you in a bit of a rush before it ran away and you got them hooked on the handbrake?. (lol)

Mel B - 2007-03-15 8:23 PM

Not that I want to get you boys all 'hot under the collar' you understand, but how many of you still have a penchant for hot pants? :-S

I used to have some lovely dark brown leather look (okay, plastic) ones, only problem was they were very hot and used to squeak when I walked!!! (lol)

Sure it was your pants that were squeaking Mel. he he.

he he he

Looks like you hit a sensitive spot there Bob. ;-)

Wear what you like and why worry about other peoples opinions. I usually spend all summer in shorts and sandals and as long as i,m cool and comfortable then who cares. 8-)

howie - 2007-03-16 12:54 PM

Wear what you like and why worry about other peoples opinions. I usually spend all summer in shorts and sandals and as long as i,m cool and comfortable then who cares. 8-)

Couldn't agree more Howie, and the older I get the scruffier I become in my free time. One of the joys I'm looking forward to in retirement at the end of this month is never wearing a suit again (except for funerals of course.)

Thirty years ago, if in the middle of a diy job I needed more stuff, I'd wash, get changed and then go out to the builders merchants. Not any more, this morning my DIY togs were liberally embelished with concrete, tarmac and paint as usual. The staff treat you better too if you look like that 'cos they assume you know what you're doing.

So back to the original question on shorts from the originator I say go for the raciest ones you fancy and hang what anyone else thinks!

Bob

Nice to see you looking forward to your retirement Bob, and hope you enjoy every moment of it. I,m certainly enjoying mine, and though there was some trepidation as to how I would manage with all that time on my hands I now find myself busier than ever and looking forward to making a start on the garden now that the weathers starting to break. (forecasting snow on the telly as i speak.)

You can either sit and vegitate in front of the box, or take up the challenge and see and do all the things you wanted to do.

Really enjoying my retirement, and once again I wish you all the best in yours.

Archived