Obese because they are poor?

StuartO

pelmetman - 2020-08-14 6:15 PM

jumpstart - 2020-08-14 6:05 PM

I didn’t think we were particularly poor in the mid 50’s but I do remember a time when we only had 1 lightbulb ( a LLLLB if I’m not mistaken) to move around room to room depending on which one we were in,because we couldn’t afford more.

My wife ,when working in schools, used to go (voluntarily) to pick up a 5/6 year old boy ,give him a clean set of clothes that she had washed ,bring him in to school and give him breakfast. His mother who had about 9 kids couldn’t give a toss ,was now into her new baby. Guess who’s paying for that.

Luxury :D .......

My wife can recall when she had to live off one tin of beans for the week :$ .......

Whilst we lived on a motor yacht 8-) .........

We woz proper Poor back then :D ..........

You never had donuts then ???

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2020-08-14 6:19 PM

I didn’t think we were particularly poor in the mid 50’s but I do remember a time when we only had 1 lightbulb ( a LLLLB if I’m not mistaken) to move around room to room depending on which one we were in,because we couldn’t afford more.

My wife ,when working in schools, used to go (voluntarily) to pick up a 5/6 year old boy ,give him a clean set of clothes that she had washed ,bring him in to school and give him breakfast. His mother who had about 9 kids couldn’t give a toss ,was now into her new baby. Guess who’s paying for that.

My wife can recall when she had to live off one tin of beans for the week :$ .......

You never had donuts then ???

Went on one in St Lucia ;-) .........

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-08-14 6:36 PM

You two donuts have lost the plot.

Actually I was bounced out of mine catching my knackers on the way 8-) ........

I now avoid donuts ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-08-14 6:39 PM

Which reminds me of when standing next to an enormous pine tree in one of my previous houses garden , a squirrel,suddenly landed with a thump right next to me on the lawn. It slowly turned its head towards me and very very slowly crept across the lawn. I can imagine how that feels.

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-08-14 6:46 PM

Which reminds me of when standing next to an enormous pine tree in one of my previous houses garden , a squirrel,suddenly landed with a thump right next to me on the lawn. It slowly turned its head towards me and very very slowly crept across the lawn. I can imagine how that feels.

Right wing squirrel lands next to a almost Lefty shock :D ........

I feel for that squirrel too ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2020-08-14 6:50 PM

jumpstart - 2020-08-14 6:46 PM

Right wing squirrel lands next to a almost Lefty shock :D ........

I feel for that squirrel too ;-) ..........

Old JumpedUp was prolly talking to that squirrel about the PLO ... Bored it to sleep

More Tales from Pinocchio. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-08-14 7:49 PM

Want to bet? ;-) ........

We've obviously had an interesting life B-) ........

Unlike you Dumb Dumb >:-) .......

Guest pelmetman
pelmetman - 2020-08-14 8:07 PM

Have you had an interesting life Bullet? ;-) ........

Guest pelmetman
pelmetman - 2020-08-14 8:31 PM

Just Askin :D ........

Guest pelmetman
pelmetman - 2020-08-14 8:43 PM

pelmetman - 2020-08-14 8:31 PM

Just Askin :D ........

So that's a No then? ;-) .........

Archived