Eat out to help out

John52

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-08-21 7:05 AM

1260 contracts handed out most without any tendering worth £ 6.5 billion to friends and associates whilst public services struggle. What a bunch of slime balls.

Would you rather it was given to the EU? *-) .........

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-08-20 9:51 PM

pelmetman - 2020-08-18 8:15 AM

You need to get some clever folks with DEGREES to do a algorithm (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

That might be better than Michael Gove and Dominic Cummings secretly giving a secret amount of your money to their chums to do it: https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/aug/20/firm-linked-to-gove-and-cummings-hired-to-work-with-ofqual-on-a-levels

We'll find out next year whether the algorithm worked ;-) ..........

When those exam results from poorly performing schools revert to being marked >:-) ........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-08-21 9:09 AM

1260 contracts handed out most without any tendering worth £ 6.5 billion to friends and associates whilst public services struggle. What a bunch of slime balls.

80 seat majority (on a minority of the vote)

Anyone with the integrity to stand up to BoJo & his chief minder Cummings has been deselected.

Who can stop them now?

The independence movement in Scotland is getting stronger, but BoJo will just send us more of your money to bribe us not to support the nationalists. :-S

No doubt being a Marxist you'd prefer a Belarus style election? >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2020-08-21 9:46 AM

Would you rather it was given to the EU? *-) .........

Not sure what that means, why would we give it to the Eu. Surely it would be better given to public services instead of the mates charter this government uses. Where’s the accountability . Where’s the tendering process?

Anyway Bogus Boris won’t last the next 4 years it will either be by vote of no confidence or he will just waste away.

QAnon are coming for him.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-08-21 10:16 AM

pelmetman - 2020-08-21 9:52 AM

No doubt being a Marxist

So you are back to making things up

Whats the point?

Based on what you post, you are deffo in the Marxist camp........did you not support Corbyn? ;-) .........

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-08-21 12:08 PM

No but will probably support Keir.

So you dont recall what happened last time a Lawyer was in charge ot Labour? 8-) .......

If I weren't a atheist I'd say Jesus Christ (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2020-08-21 10:20 AM

No doubt being a Marxist

Whats the point?

Based on what you post, you are deffo in the Marxist camp.....

Can you quote any such post *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-08-21 5:05 PM

No doubt being a Marxist

Whats the point?

It's a feeling Comrade ;-) ........

Like you Corbyn folk would be overt with your "TRUE" polictics 8-) .....

You Commies are sneaky buggers >:-) .........

At least genuine Labour folk have sussed you out........I guess Old Fishface has yet to recognise who is pulling her strings :-| ......

Just sayin :D ..........

pelmetman - 2020-08-21 4:18 PM

So you dont recall what happened last time a Lawyer was in charge ot Labour? 8-) .......

Anything is better . I cannot abide these swamp creatures. They only have themselves in mind.

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-08-21 6:30 PM

pelmetman - 2020-08-21 4:18 PM

Anything is better . I cannot abide these swamp creatures. They only have themselves in mind.

Best not get into polictics then :D ........

pelmetman - 2020-08-21 5:19 PM

John52 - 2020-08-21 5:05 PM

No doubt being a Marxist

Whats the point?

It's a feeling Comrade ;-) ........

Like you Corbyn folk would be overt with your "TRUE" polictics 8-) .....

You Commies are sneaky buggers >:-) .........

At least genuine Labour folk have sussed you out........I guess Old Fishface has yet to recognise who is pulling her strings :-| ......

Just sayin :D ..........

You didn't say it was based on a feeling

You said based on what I post

And yet you can't quote any such post

• 2 weeks later...

Surprise Surprise, BoJo's Brexit backer Tim Martin, head of Wettherspoons, thinks 'Dishy Rishi' is great, and wants to continue receiving our money.

So 64 million claims so far 8-)

How many of those claims are genuine *-)

How many have gone to well capitalised chains like Wetherspoons and Mc Donalds who would have survived without them

How many have gone to no-hopers who won't survive without them

When are we going to start paying back all this borrowed money

And how much has this contributed to the 7 day rolling average of new cases being higher now than it was at the start of the lockdown. >:-)

Now the weather has fined up I'm out again and fish&chip carry outs my staple diet.

Remarkable how many places are now only taking cash - despite the risk of virus transfer.

So no record of whether the customer had a full price take out

or a half price eat in so the cafe can add them to the 64 million claims so far.

Customers who eat in are supposed to give their name & phone number, but who gives their real one anyway?

John52 - 2020-08-31 9:07 PM

Now the weather has fined up I'm out again and fish&chip carry outs my staple diet.

Remarkable how many places are now only taking cash - despite the risk of virus transfer.

or a half price eat in so the cafe can add them to the 64 million claims so far.

Customers who eat in are supposed to give their name & phone number, but who gives their real one anyway?

If you believe the chippies you are buying ya breakfast/dinner and tea from are conmen and you dont like it why are you filling their pockets

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-08-31 10:20 AM

Surprise Surprise, BoJo's Brexit backer Tim Martin, head of Wettherspoons, thinks 'Dishy Rishi' is great, and wants to continue receiving our money.

So 64 million claims so far 8-)

How many of those claims are genuine *-)

How many have gone to well capitalised chains like Wetherspoons and Mc Donalds who would have survived without them

How many have gone to no-hopers who won't survive without them

When are we going to start paying back all this borrowed money

And how much has this contributed to the 7 day rolling average of new cases being higher now than it was at the start of the lockdown. >:-)

Why are you moaning Loser? :-S .......

Seeing as you are were of "No Fixed Abode" ;-) .......

You can get the Rishy bonus of sh*tting in a proper toilet >:-) ........

Birdbrain - 2020-08-31 9:12 PM

If you believe the chippies you are buying ya breakfast/dinner and tea from are conmen and you dont like it why are you filling their pockets

'cos I don't know where to find any honest ones :-S

Guest pelmetman

What terrible diet you have 8-) ...........

Yet you complain about Chinky Flu? *-) ..........

You should hook up with Bullet ;-) .......

He's another Lonely Lefty Loser >:-) ........

Fish, potatoes & peas all right

Fat has had a bad press but is essential to our bodies.

Added sugar is bad because its empty calories, but none of that is added to fish & chips.

As Marylin Monroe said its better to be happy alone than unhappy with someone

And I'm happy alone :-D

I don't care what people think about that because I don't want anything from them

So your name calling is like water off a ducks back :D

• 1 month later...

Now some research that appears to confirm the obvious

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/oct/30/treasury-rejects-theory-eat-out-to-help-out-caused-rise-in-covid

Which of course Dishi Rishi and Tory Brexit backer Tim Martin of Wetherspoons denies

But from what I saw the biggest damage it did was psychological and not measurable - giving people our money to go to the pub gave them the feeling the pandemic was over

John52 - 2020-10-31 6:29 AM

Now some research that appears to confirm the obvious

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/oct/30/treasury-rejects-theory-eat-out-to-help-out-caused-rise-in-covid

Which of course Dishi Rishi and Tory Brexit backer Tim Martin of Wetherspoons denies

But from what I saw the biggest damage it did was psychological and not measurable - giving people our money to go to the pub gave them the feeling the pandemic was over

"gave them the feeling the pandemic was over" ... Chuckle ... I remember when I went out for a couple of meals when I sanitised my hands on entry, did the track and trace, sat at socially distanced tables, had the toilet procedures and new rules explained to me by staff wearing visas that I got the "feeling the pandemic was over" ... Chuckle ... Hate and isolation twists the mind

Seriously, some people did act responsibly

But from what I saw many didn't.

A waitress said nobody wanted the shifts when it was on.

The place was crowded out with patronising penny pinching morons who thought they were helping her out by being there *-)

Archived