Brexit has cost

Barryd999

jumpstart - 2020-09-19 6:56 AM

Bulletguy - 2020-09-18 8:37 PM

jumpstart - 2020-09-18 8:06 PM

We rebuilt German industry after WW2 .

Britain didn't. Don't forget this country was on it's knees too. The Marshall Plan was largely responsible for rebuilding Germany and yes, UK also benefitted from the same aid......except Britain got the largest share of other European countries including Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconstruction_of_Germany

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Plan

A British army officer Maj Ivan Hirst was put in charge of rebuilding VW . Look where they are now.

Very interesting back story, particularly finding the factory fully operational after clearing away lots of junk which had been used to cover over the machines. Hirst and the REME handed ownership back to the German government in 1949 but neither VW or Germany ever forgot Hirst.

"Look where they are now".......quite, and couldn't agree more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Hirst

https://www.volkswagenag.com/presence/konzern/documents/history/englisch/Heft4_EN.pdf

John52 - 2020-09-19 9:04 AM

pelmetman - 2020-09-19 8:51 AM

Worth every penny >:-) ...........

You might retain a shred of credibility if you admitted whats obvious or at least that you have been misled because we are not getting what BoJo promised. Your continuing to pretend Brexit is going well is fooling nobody. It just makes you look even more absurd.

Rabid Brexiteers like Pelmet and co will never admit that and still hang on every word their Dear Leader utters as Gods gospel. Every lie he tells that's exposed, they dismiss as 'fake news', and every blunder he makes, that's always somebody elses fault.

They're in the grip of a cult and still believe he's going to take them to those sunlit uplands.

Barryd999 - 2020-09-19 10:17 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-09-19 9:39 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-09-19 8:02 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-09-19 6:50 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-09-18 10:10 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-09-18 7:02 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-09-18 5:06 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-09-18 4:53 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-09-18 3:19 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-09-18 2:25 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-09-18 12:55 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-09-18 12:16 PM

Look in the mirror princess ... If you losers had accepted democracy it would have been done long ago and cheaper

Yeah right. It took them a year to invoke article 50 because they had no plan, the PM did a runner and nobody had a clue what they were doing. The reason it all took so long is Johnson and the Brexiteers made a load of false promise's about keeping all the benefits and getting a great deal as they need us more than we need them. Then when that turned out to be the nonsense most of us knew it was anyone with a brain cell wanted to rule out us leaving without a deal, something that Johnson himself claimed just before he got elected was a million to one chance.

There was nothing democratic about the Brexit vote or the way its gone since Johnson took over.

.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I .... Chuckle

LOL! It wont be me doing the bawling when the sunlit uplands dont arrive, millions are out of work and all the funny foreigners are still here.

Im prepared for the Brexit Armageddon. Got my fall out shelter and everything.

"millions are out of work" what because of Brexit ??? ... Donut ... I thought you said all those "funny foreigners" had left the NHS and likes and gone home ??? ... Now you say "all the funny foreigners are still here" ... Make your mind up princess ... BFN BFN BFN ...

Lots of the funny foreigners from the EU have buggered off, only to be replaced by brown ones. I dont really know how many job losses there will be but I do know a lot of people voted to leave because they were promised a lot of things that clearly are not going to come true and one of them was a better more prosperous future. I think they may well be disappointed. How do you think its looking right now with just three and a half months to go? Trade deal with the EU and the ones the Brexiteers were depending on, the USA looks more unlikely now than it ever did.

Dont know if you have noticed or just choose to ignore but folk throughout time have voted for many things that didn't quite turn out as they were promised ... If Brexit proves to be 50% of what was promised then bingo ... We are getting a trade deal with the EU remember ... You told us months back "no deal is dead" ... Awkward

50%? Bingo? Bingo Bojo? The thing is its probably irreversible now so if it turns out the be the crock of s**t I think it will be a lot of people are going to be extremely angry. Its not like an election where if promises are not met they can just vote them out in a few years.

In case you forgot, we left with a deal. A crap one but a deal all the same. Johnson is about to feck that up though and deliberately fail to get a trade deal and jeopardise our chances of a proper deal with either the USA or the EU.

For someone who said they weren't bothered about Brexit anymore you do seem very, very bothered by Brexit ... Listen its the same old drab tosh from ya which is very, very boring ... Mr No Deal and your Government insider guff cant really be taken seriously and as for a deal with the USA your the fella who said he'd "rather starve than do a deal" with POTUS Trump but now all of a sudden you want a "proper deal" ... Make your mind up

If its so boring why are you responding? I dont particularly want a deal with the US (at least not the kind we were likely to get with Johnson and Trump) but its relevant as its what you Brexiteers were pinning your hopes on. Its relevant to discuss it all again now as a lot of things we predicted would happen are starting to come true and its all falling apart. I think that warrants discussion if for no other reason than for a bit of light hearted Chatterbollox "I told you so" gloating. (lol)

You must agree that Johnson is literally falling apart and the entire thing is in jeopardy. I seem to remember you were never that keen on Johnson. How do you feel now about him?

What "entire thing is in jeopardy" ??? Und I feel the same about Boris as I always did ... How do you feel about EU leaders who are having similar Covid problems to us ???

Brexit is in jeopardy which translates into our economy and way of life is in jeopardy. It very much looks like Johnson has jeopardised a trade deal with the EU which we critically need in place by the end of this year and as a consequence also jeopardised the peace in NI and the much Brexiteer prized deal with the USA as a knock on from that. Now we are talking about two day 90 mile queues at our ports. Is that enough Jeopardy to be going on with? Oh I forgot. The Brexit Jeopardy looks like it will be going on right in the middle of a winter 2nd wave of Covid 19. Thats a lot of Jeopardy.

I dunno how the other leaders are doing, we have enough to contend with here with our moron in chief putting everything in Jeopardy. If I were you I would start being nice to me. ill see if I Can find some room for you in my Brexit Covid Armageddon fall out shelter in our whites only village. (lol)

Chuckle ... "Brexit is in jeopardy" ... What a donut ... You havent heard Government is breaking the law supposedly to doubly make sure we have Brexit ... wake up, move on and live

Birdbrain - 2020-09-19 2:02 PM

Look in the mirror princess ... If you losers had accepted democracy it would have been done long ago and cheaper

Yeah right. It took them a year to invoke article 50 because they had no plan, the PM did a runner and nobody had a clue what they were doing. The reason it all took so long is Johnson and the Brexiteers made a load of false promise's about keeping all the benefits and getting a great deal as they need us more than we need them. Then when that turned out to be the nonsense most of us knew it was anyone with a brain cell wanted to rule out us leaving without a deal, something that Johnson himself claimed just before he got elected was a million to one chance.

There was nothing democratic about the Brexit vote or the way its gone since Johnson took over.

LOL! It wont be me doing the bawling when the sunlit uplands dont arrive, millions are out of work and all the funny foreigners are still here.

"millions are out of work" what because of Brexit ??? ... Donut ... I thought you said all those "funny foreigners" had left the NHS and likes and gone home ??? ... Now you say "all the funny foreigners are still here" ... Make your mind up princess ... BFN BFN BFN ...

Lots of the funny foreigners from the EU have buggered off, only to be replaced by brown ones. I dont really know how many job losses there will be but I do know a lot of people voted to leave because they were promised a lot of things that clearly are not going to come true and one of them was a better more prosperous future. I think they may well be disappointed. How do you think its looking right now with just three and a half months to go? Trade deal with the EU and the ones the Brexiteers were depending on, the USA looks more unlikely now than it ever did.

Dont know if you have noticed or just choose to ignore but folk throughout time have voted for many things that didn't quite turn out as they were promised ... If Brexit proves to be 50% of what was promised then bingo ... We are getting a trade deal with the EU remember ... You told us months back "no deal is dead" ... Awkward

50%? Bingo? Bingo Bojo? The thing is its probably irreversible now so if it turns out the be the crock of s**t I think it will be a lot of people are going to be extremely angry. Its not like an election where if promises are not met they can just vote them out in a few years.

In case you forgot, we left with a deal. A crap one but a deal all the same. Johnson is about to feck that up though and deliberately fail to get a trade deal and jeopardise our chances of a proper deal with either the USA or the EU.

For someone who said they weren't bothered about Brexit anymore you do seem very, very bothered by Brexit ... Listen its the same old drab tosh from ya which is very, very boring ... Mr No Deal and your Government insider guff cant really be taken seriously and as for a deal with the USA your the fella who said he'd "rather starve than do a deal" with POTUS Trump but now all of a sudden you want a "proper deal" ... Make your mind up

If its so boring why are you responding? I dont particularly want a deal with the US (at least not the kind we were likely to get with Johnson and Trump) but its relevant as its what you Brexiteers were pinning your hopes on. Its relevant to discuss it all again now as a lot of things we predicted would happen are starting to come true and its all falling apart. I think that warrants discussion if for no other reason than for a bit of light hearted Chatterbollox "I told you so" gloating. (lol)

You must agree that Johnson is literally falling apart and the entire thing is in jeopardy. I seem to remember you were never that keen on Johnson. How do you feel now about him?

What "entire thing is in jeopardy" ??? Und I feel the same about Boris as I always did ... How do you feel about EU leaders who are having similar Covid problems to us ???

Brexit is in jeopardy which translates into our economy and way of life is in jeopardy. It very much looks like Johnson has jeopardised a trade deal with the EU which we critically need in place by the end of this year and as a consequence also jeopardised the peace in NI and the much Brexiteer prized deal with the USA as a knock on from that. Now we are talking about two day 90 mile queues at our ports. Is that enough Jeopardy to be going on with? Oh I forgot. The Brexit Jeopardy looks like it will be going on right in the middle of a winter 2nd wave of Covid 19. Thats a lot of Jeopardy.

I dunno how the other leaders are doing, we have enough to contend with here with our moron in chief putting everything in Jeopardy. If I were you I would start being nice to me. ill see if I Can find some room for you in my Brexit Covid Armageddon fall out shelter in our whites only village. (lol)

Chuckle ... "Brexit is in jeopardy" ... What a donut ... You havent heard Government is breaking the law supposedly to doubly make sure we have Brexit ... wake up, move on and live

Of course I have heard that. That's why it's in double jeapardy. It's the breaking of international law that will lead to no trade deals with the eu, USA and any other country that decides it doesn't want to deal with spivs, chancers and law breakers.

Barryd999 - 2020-09-19 3:11 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-09-19 2:02 PM

Of course I have heard that. That's why it's in double jeapardy. It's the breaking of international law that will lead to no trade deals with the eu, USA and any other country that decides it doesn't want to deal with spivs, chancers and law breakers.

Chuckle ... Has the breaking of international law by EU countries, China, The US, Saudi etc etc stopped folk gladly dealing with them ??? ... No of course not ... Stop being so naive fella ... Wake up before its too late princess and move on

Not just them we won't be able to trade with.

Brexiteers are even p*ssing off the Chinese by calling Covid 'Chinky Flu'

So who have we got left to trade with :-S

John52 - 2020-09-19 8:23 PM

Not just them we won't be able to trade with.

Brexiteers are even p*ssing off the Chinese by calling Covid 'Chinky Flu'

So who have we got left to trade with :-S

I wouldn't tar all with the same brush John just because Pelmet uses it to impress his girlfriend. It's not even a flu virus.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-09-19 12:16 PM

You might retain a shred of credibility if you admitted whats obvious or at least that you have been misled because we are not getting what BoJo promised. Your continuing to pretend Brexit is going well is fooling nobody. It just makes you look even more absurd.

Rabid Brexiteers like Pelmet and co will never admit that and still hang on every word their Dear Leader utters as Gods gospel. Every lie he tells that's exposed, they dismiss as 'fake news', and every blunder he makes, that's always somebody elses fault.

They're in the grip of a cult and still believe he's going to take them to those sunlit uplands.

I prefer my c*lt to your c*nt ;-) ........

P1010899.JPG.cd9d42bbaa4bbc36e884f4498cff43a9.JPG

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.90516939d9996a71cef79a50803b1b9d.jpg

The ship of state has been run onto a reef and is stuck fast with a lengthy gash below the water line. The captain declares that this a huge demonstration of his prowess as a British seaman, because despite the regrettable disadvantages, the ship hasn't actually sunk! Rule Britannia. :-D

Brian Kirby - 2020-09-20 11:49 AM

The ship of state has been run onto a reef and is stuck fast with a lengthy gash below the water line. The captain declares that this a huge demonstration of his prowess as a British seaman, because despite the regrettable disadvantages, the ship hasn't actually sunk! Rule Britannia. :-D

Apparently some living in a timewarp still believe Britain rules the waves. They threw a right hissy when the words were not going to be used at Last Night of the Proms though i doubt any of 'em know the words! :-|

Guest pelmetman

Just 102 days until your ship of fools sinks without trace >:-) ..........

http://daystobrexit.co.uk/

484667343_P1020149Battleensign.JPG.4ceb0bc25c6cabdc89fa61147cabffac.JPG

pelmetman - 2020-09-20 12:25 PM

We are all on the same ship Retard!! Some of us just saw the Reef coming thats all.

Good analogy Brian.

Barryd999 - 2020-09-20 2:16 PM

We are all on the same ship Retard!! Some of us just saw the Reef coming thats all.

Good analogy Brian.

Ship.....reef.....stuck fast, sound familiar? Remember that idiot Schettino? Here he is getting a tongue lashing off Italian Coastguard, Capt. Gregorio De Falco, which went viral. Listen all the way through as it just keeps getting better to the point De Falco is ready to vapourise Schettino!

Come to think of it, Schettino was an 'exiter' whilst De Falco was most definitely a 'remainer'. ;-)

Guest pelmetman

Good analogy Brian.

That's not a reef....... that's the wreck of the SS EU Empire >:-) ........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.4f5e6c06f5ad756976fcb474ecf1dc8e.jpg

John52 - 2020-09-21 7:35 AM

We are all on the same ship

Obviously. But why can't Pelmet see it :-S

Because he's been brainwashed. It's literally incredible that people can attach themselves so tightly to a completely false premise, to the extent of throwing their family under the bus in order to maintain their own purity of belief, simply beggars belief but thats how cults operate.

Archived