Whale pump pulsing

Jona

Whale pump pulsing  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The usual reason a Whale pump restarts every few minutes is a leak. As the pressure falls the pump restarts to restore pressure.

You may either have a very small leak from possibly a pipe joint or a dripping tap or the pump is leaking back pressure.

Check all the plumbing very carefully and if no signs of leaks try dismantling and cleaning the pump.

PS Have you ever cleaned the grit filter on the inlet side of the pump? These can restrict flow and possibly result in low pressure if badly clogged.

Keith.

Hi Jona,

Generally speaking and from past experience, your whale pump pulsing when all taps are shut is a probable leak somewhere in the system :-( Once the taps are shut the pump runs to build up pressure until a sensor tells the pump to shut off. Therefore a slow leak will cause the pressure to drop and the sensor to call for the pump to re-pressurise the system. Hope this helps to resolve the problem but i guess there could always be another explanation :$

These YouTube videos may be of interest

Also this link

https://whalepumps.com/rv/siteFiles/resources/docs/resource-library/Whale_SmartfloGuide.pdf

that includes the advice (attached below) that was given above.

If Jona’s Whale pump is elderly, it might be best to replace it with a new one rather than pull it apart.

(The SHURflo water pump on my 1996-built Herald motorhome began to ‘cycle’ very occasionally and this was only noticeable at night when everything was quiet. Eventually I spotted a small damp patch beneath the Truma Trumatic heater and - when the heater had been disassembled and its water-boiler pressurised - it was found that one of the boiler’s welded seams had developed a minuscule fault that only let water through when the water was heated.)

pump.png.933835902106f4a82fbb891a4f083d3e.png

Archived