Kitchen swivel tap

Bobmbell1

The kitchen tap has come loose from mounting in worktop-need to remove it to see the fitting-appears to be a metal cylinder in the hole which I believe should be attached to the base of the tap. To remove tap I need to separate the taps flexible metal pipes from the plastic pipes-the join has a white plastic ‘washer’ at the base of the metal part which just turns round and round which I suspect somehow will release the joint? Any ideas would be gratefully accepted

Hi Bob and welcome,

It would help to know the make, model and year of your MH but what you are describing sounds like a 'John Guest' quick fit connection. To release it you need to push the loose collar hard onto the fitting to release the grip then pull the pipe straight out.

If this doesn't work then post a photo and we'll try and help (photos need to be less than 100 kb in size and preferable .jpg and NOT .jpeg format).

Keith.

Bob

The three images attached below show the type of mixer tap often installed in caravans/motorhomes. The top two images are of a tap that is secured in place by a large plastic nut that screws up the threaded lower body of the tap and grips against the underside of the worktop. The 3rd image shows a similar tap, but the fixing method involves a semi-circular metal ‘clip’ that a nut on the threaded rod on the left of the tap’s base forces against the work-top’s underside. Both taps use flexible hoses (‘tails’) that are often have a braided metal outer surface nd the hoses in the photos have ‘John Guest’ push-fit end connectors (sometimes called ‘speedfit’ connectors) that I’ve arrowed in red on the 2nd image. Both taps clearly have wiring to microswitches, though your tap may not.

This YouTube video explains the general principles of connecting/disconnecting push-fit connectors.

but it’s worth saying that there are different designs of connector (the Whale-made type is shown on this video)

and - if the connector is difficult to access and/or a ’security cover’ has been added to it - disconnection can prove challenging.

As Keith has said, it might well help to have details of your motorhome

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/IDENTIFYING-YOUR-MOTORHOME/54713/

as there would be a reasonable chance someone here would know the make of tap you have and/or the components used in its water system.

2121012684_cometroma1.jpg.1d53665fe2416817f6862ec9f61f39ca.jpg

119950421_cometroma2.jpg.734ab7e3c455859cc91e118475b6e62b.jpg

1338512537_cometducale.jpg.640cafbe8c59e5ceb6bd41162fd440c7.jpg

Archived